• Dec 14th, 2018 9:15 am
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12953 posts
3235 upvotes
Here 'n There
ToDealHunter wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:00 pm
I am pretty sure you know what I mean when I wrote *profesional Job*.
Yes. Never said I didn't. It's a possibility. Either they did it or there is a killer on the loose but circumstances appear to point to the former.
Dec 15, 2017
683 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
ToDealHunter wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:00 pm
I am pretty sure you know what I mean when I wrote *profesional Job*.
The guys that did this are NO Jason Statham from the movie "The Mechanic". Most criminals have low IQ's and Im sure they made blunders in that murder that will bring them down in the near future.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12953 posts
3235 upvotes
Here 'n There
MusicBox wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 9:38 pm
The guys that did this are NO Jason Statham from the movie "The Mechanic". Most criminals have low IQ's and Im sure they made blunders in that murder that will bring them down in the near future.
Although I doubt they were killed by someone else I hope you are right as without any note being left or obvious reasons they would do this it will be an eternal mystery and very hard on the family, community and friends.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11995 posts
1751 upvotes
City of Vancouver
What religion did these ppl belong to? Like, do they want to hang out in purgatory for the rest of eternity, or did the current Pope revise things and say it's possible to get out of there now?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10241 posts
502 upvotes
Brampton
If this was a double suicide, or murder suicide, then where is the suicide note?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12953 posts
3235 upvotes
Here 'n There
cheapmeister wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 10:32 pm
If this was a double suicide, or murder suicide, then where is the suicide note?
I don't think there is any rule that one has to provide one before committing suicide.
Feb 10, 2010
946 posts
390 upvotes
Ajax, ON
eonibm wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 7:17 pm
'Homicide officers are taking over the investigation into the death of Apotex founder Barry Sherman and his wife Honey after autopsy results revealed ligature neck compression as the cause of death.'

Homicide investigators take over case of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman

This obviously was planned, by someone. However, given the lack of forceable entry, no other evidence of someone entering or exiting the home (except for the real estate agent who found them) and the fact that ligature neck compression was the cause it seems very likely that it was self-inflicted by the Shermans. Strangulation is that form of asphyxia which is caused from constriction of the neck by ligature without suspending the body (yes I got that from the interwebs).
Question, if ligature neck compresion means strangulation (not suspension of the body meaning NOT hanging) and autopsy showed ligature neck compression as the cause of BOTH deaths BUT they were found hanging, doesnt this show that they were kill with strangulation and then moved and staged as if was a suicide?

If it was murder suicide does not autopsy will show just one dead as a result of ligature neck compression (victim) and the other (murderer/suicide) with report of asphyxia caused by suspension of the body?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1186 posts
328 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Waiting for the Toronto Life tell-all on this, like they did for that neurosurgeon who killed his wife...
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20343 posts
135259 upvotes
GTA
Wow, so if it was indeed a double homicide, it was planned out even to the extent that they didn't have to break in or anything - to me, that shows a level of sophistication/planning, quite possibly an inside job (housekeeper/maid/other staff)?
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1355 posts
718 upvotes
For the amount of wealth these individuals had, I'm astonished that they continued to occupy their house while it was up for sale, with presumably strangers being invited in by Realtors.

I am pretty if it was my intent to move and was in their position, that I would buy another house, move into it, *prior* to trying to sell the existing one. I realize that the Shermans were worth billions, and nearly all of that 'worth' was tied up in the business of Apotex, but certainly it shouldn't have been that big of a deal for someone worth $4.4B to spare an extra $10M-$20M for a second house, even if temporarily until the property sold.
Last edited by burnt69 on Dec 18th, 2017 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5315 posts
1929 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
Becks wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 10:13 pm
What religion did these ppl belong to? Like, do they want to hang out in purgatory for the rest of eternity, or did the current Pope revise things and say it's possible to get out of there now?

Not sure why their religion is relevant LOL, but I believe the APOTEX founder was a follower of Judaism according to Wikipedia, don't know about the wife: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Sherman
So, probably no purgatory for them. They'll be going to the same place as Christians would be going, presumably.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2470 posts
178 upvotes
Markham
Read the wiki and the cousins just lost a court case against them. Off my tinfoil hat.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20343 posts
135259 upvotes
GTA
burnt69 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 2:51 am
For the amount of wealth these individuals had, I'm astonished that they continued to occupy their house while it was up for sale, with presumably strangers being invited in by Realtors.

I am pretty if it was my intent to move and was in their position, that I would buy another house, move into it, *prior* to trying to sell the existing one. I realize that the Shermans were worth billions, and nearly all of that 'worth' was tied up in the business of Apotex, but certainly it shouldn't have been that big of a deal for someone worth $4.4B to spare an extra $10M-$20M for a second house, even if temporarily until the property sold.
While I agree with you, knowing how little these individuals splurged on themselves from the few articles I've read about them (he drove an old, beat-up car, thought flying business class was a waste of money), they probably would classify that as a waste of money as well, when their new home was almost ready.

One thing that did strike me as odd (and perhaps my assumptions about the high-end real estate market are incorrect), was that they had an open house to show the property (I believe this was mentioned by one of the neighbours). I would have thought most properties in that price range would be by appointment only. If that did happen, I hope they are looking at the visitor list with a fine-toothed comb.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1293 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
dealseaker101 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2017 2:51 am
Not sure why their religion is relevant LOL, but I believe the APOTEX founder was a follower of Judaism according to Wikipedia, don't know about the wife: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Sherman
So, probably no purgatory for them. They'll be going to the same place as Christians would be going, presumably.
ITS very relevant they were Jewish and very very unlikely that they would go against their religion like that and kill themselves
[external advertising link removed]

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)