[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1794 posts
46 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada

App suggestions as an alternative to the LG G4's built-in camera app

Hey Guys,

I am looking for an app - that offers as an alternative to the built-in Camera app on the LG G4. I'm looking for a smartphone app that offers more enhanced features (i.e. flexible timer for camera shots, adjustable features for lighting conditions outside, etc.). I heard that the Open Camera app is one of them - but sadly, it sometimes "crashes" my phone. I might revisit that app at some point - if they can make enhancements to it's operation.

Apart from what I had discussed, what are some of the suggestions that I should look into? Please advise.
Less Negativeness, More Positiveness
Moins des négativités, Plus de positivités
3 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12137 posts
1635 upvotes
Kanata
Pro Camera, though when I was using it, it couldn't do as long a timer as the stock LG camera app.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19417 posts
4488 upvotes
Thornhill
Any cam apps that have auto selfie gesture? I found this super useful and in groups my phone is always used due to that feature. I really liked the lg get while it lasted, it just bootlooped and died randomly.

I now have a nexus 6p and the stick app doesn't have this.
Apr 20, 2011
83 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
On XDA, you can find a port of the V10 camera app.
V10 port on XDA
It doesn't have lots of gimmicks, but among other things, it adds full manual control in video mode (as well as a few other features that' I can't remember right now).
I've used it for over a year and it's super stable.