• Feb 12th, 2019 8:29 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 4, 2015
9 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON

Apple or Android Pay

Has anyone used Apple or Android pay integration for phone apps? Just want to know what sort of fees credit card companies charge to pull payments from customers for services rendered. I know that Apple or Android doesn't charge a fee for use.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
19334 posts
5546 upvotes
Am I the only one that just uses the original card?
Or am I old and out of touch already.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
3615 posts
829 upvotes
GTA
There shouldn't be any extra fees to use them. Not directly anyway. It should be the same as using your actual credit card.

I use Samsung Pay and occasionally Google Pay. Works great.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11678 posts
3741 upvotes
Toronto, ON
snake1987 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:35 am
Has anyone used Apple or Android pay integration for phone apps? Just want to know what sort of fees credit card companies charge to pull payments from customers for services rendered. I know that Apple or Android doesn't charge a fee for use.
I reload my Timmies app with Apple Pay all the time. No fees charge to the end user.
Sep 24, 2004
485 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough
Been using Google Pay for a few months now for most purchases. Mind you not all credit cards can be loaded onto Google Pay. I've used my US$ card on Google Pay in the US. Worked great.
Oct 11, 2016
166 posts
27 upvotes
snake1987 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 11:35 am
Use it all the time for starbucks, tim hortons and other vendors. never been charged a dime extra. It's supposed to make your life easier so you don't have to pull out your credit card out of your wallet when you top up. There should never be a fee - it only helps the vendor make more $$$ end of the day because it's so easy to make purchases or top up your account.

Lyft and Uber do the same thing - use apple or android pay directly. Never been charged extra as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1600 posts
1182 upvotes
Toronto
From the users point of view there is no additional fees, its no different than using your physical card.

Credit Card companies actually pay Apple and Google every-time someone makes a credit card transaction via their services.

There was a news article that said Apple got paid roughly 15 cents for every $100 in Apple pay transactions.
Dec 6, 2012
222 posts
76 upvotes
Montréal, QC
It's free for you, I'm using Google Pay with debit/credit since BMO support it (almost 2 years) it works everywhere, gas station, dollar store, restaurant, groceries, costco (only one I know with $200 limit), ikea, canadian tire, rona, corner stores, etc. In 2 years the only place I found not accepting any form of paypass is wal-mart and michaels, that's it, 2 stores in the 50+ I may have go in 2 years. I also use it in the US with my $US mastercard from BMO, works in Pizza Hut, CVS, dollar store, etc.

Also Android Pay is free for seller too, I think Apple Pay charge 0.5% to them, or 0.15% as PP wrote?