Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Apple Homepod $50 off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 8:37 am
Tags:
53 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
1518 posts
1958 upvotes
The Apple Homepod is an horrible smart speaker.
Aug 24, 2009
852 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
Agreed it's a great device - bought mine in the US before they brought it here. My 7 year old daughter loves 'hey siri play xxxx'. Clearly having an iDevice and Apple Music makes it worthwhile. I may get another one to do stereo or another room.
Apr 18, 2017
807 posts
1669 upvotes
I wonder when mods will start deleting the posts bashing Apple...lol best speaker in its class. Okayyyyyyyyy there.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
6156 posts
10805 upvotes
Canada
Best speaker on the planet, lol. These things aren't even real stereo. What an overpriced POS.

It's even got a HAL 9000 eye on it... People are just signing up willingly for Orwell's 1984.
Nov 2, 2016
116 posts
191 upvotes
why does every thread involving apple devolve into people whining about their pricing. having said that, the homepod is probably the worst product apple makes and the OP is far too enthusiastic about it.
Last edited by newyorkislanders on Apr 4th, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 21, 2003
346 posts
103 upvotes
Edmonton
lifeisfuneh wrote: Sure, and this is the review of all of them .... Face With Tears Of Joy
Wirecutter is very reputable, and posting literally every Homepod review is impractical. Choose your pick

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16976 ... rt-speaker
"Best-in-class sound for the price and most prices above it"

https://www.whathifi.com/apple/homepod/review
"The best-sounding smart speaker yet"

https://www.digitaltrends.com/smart-hom ... od-review/
"The HomePod is one of the best-sounding smart speakers you can buy, but only Apple fans will care."
Oct 20, 2003
800 posts
298 upvotes
gurjeet35 wrote: Best Speaker on the planet - in it's class, of course.

$50 off - total worth it without the discount, IMHP .. but yours to grab for less now
its a decent speaker and POS everything else. definitely not a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2017
1537 posts
1732 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks for sharing OP. I have many Apple products, skipping this product for now, but may be helpful to someone living in a small apartment.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2748 posts
942 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Best speaker on the planet, lol. These things aren't even real stereo. What an overpriced POS.

It's even got a HAL 9000 eye on it... People are just signing up willingly for Orwell's 1984.
Apple is the only major tech company protecting your privacy. Google, Facebook, and amazon are selling it to whoever is interested.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 4th, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed comment about quoted posts quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2748 posts
942 upvotes
Cowman1208 wrote: its a decent speaker and POS everything else. definitely not a hot deal.
I have a stereo pair in my dining room/office and they sound incredible without taking up floor space. I listen to Apple Music, podcasts, radio, news, etc. I set timers, calendar appointments, listen to my texts, get the weather and other info/queries. But keep trolling until you can afford a smart speaker that isn’t $35 and constantly spying on you.
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Returned mine because of too much bass and no equalizer control.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
Holy shit. Why does this happen so often lately on RFD. Do none of you have jobs or literally anything at all going on???

If you want the speaker, buy it. if you don't, ignore the thread. I really wish mods would start handing out more suspensions and bans for this thread crapping garbage.
Nov 19, 2018
56 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Other sites are reporting this as a permanent price drop, so I don't think there's a rush if you want to get one.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
I can't wait for HomePod 2 with AirPower charging...
Dec 13, 2016
107 posts
160 upvotes
Alliston
I wasn't going to buy a homepod, but received one as a bday gift a few weeks ago. I'm in the Apple ecosystem so playing Apple music through it is really convenient. Truth be told, the speaker sounds awesome. It really does. Great bass, and range. Acoustic songs sound as though they're live in the living room. Is it the "best"? I don't know, probably not. Is it overpriced? Probably. But if you're an Apple device user, and you have an Apple music subscription, this thing is pretty good. Just my humble opinion.
Side question: Does Apple have any kind of price protection to get my gift buyer $50 back?
Nov 2, 2010
358 posts
73 upvotes
This isn’t a deal but the new regular price as mentioned on MobileSyrup.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)