Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Donnie Darko: Anniversary Special Edition (4K) - $2.99

Aug 20, 2006
168 posts
47 upvotes

[Apple] Donnie Darko: Anniversary Special Edition (4K) - $2.99

Donnie Darko (Anniversary Special Edition) in 4K is now $2.99 in Apple‘s iTunes Store.

Regular Price - $12.99

This is the lowest price it has ever been.

Stay safe everyone.
Last edited by pmjbutler on Mar 20th, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
53 replies
Banned
Jul 16, 2019
123 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
never heard of it, seems like an old movie for boomers.
Oct 1, 2011
247 posts
153 upvotes
Yeah maybe, but now at only $2.99 even poor, self-loathing and dismissive millennials can afford it too!
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2010
1048 posts
853 upvotes
Milton
One of the top 10 best movies I've ever seen. Fight me.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1130 posts
650 upvotes
Greely
PapaQBear wrote: One of the top 10 best movies I've ever seen. Fight me.
Even millennials suffering from existential angst will enjoy it...
Jul 12, 2017
134 posts
269 upvotes
It is an awesome movie. It is an awesome price.

But I am just not a fan of buying licensing movies from any of these Digital Platforms (ITunes, Play Store, etc.)

Call me old school, but I prefer physical media -> MakeMVK -> NAS :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7801 posts
3860 upvotes
Germany
morty420 wrote: It is an awesome movie. It is an awesome price.

But I am just not a fan of buying licensing movies from any of these Digital Platforms (ITunes, Play Store, etc.)

Call me old school, but I prefer physical media -> MakeMVK -> NAS :)
Agreed. It also strikes me as counter intuitive to shell out extra for a "4k" low bit rate stream. If you're going for the best visual experience, do it right.
Jul 17, 2011
66 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
Can only watch on iTunes ew
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
ya good movie, but not in my top 10

(can see this thread going sideways with top 10 movie listings per rfd member lol)
May 4, 2006
161 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary
Plainview wrote: never heard of it, seems like an old movie for boomers.
Nope. I love how people dis "old" movies that were made post 2000. This one has a good soundtrack from the 80s. FYI I am not a boomer.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2625 posts
503 upvotes
Thornhill
Agreed. One of my top ten all time favourites.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
chadw01 wrote: ya good movie, but not in my top 10
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Fightguard wrote: Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion
sorry cunningham lol
Mar 16, 2007
462 posts
71 upvotes
Scarborough
Interesting movie, would recommend!
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
rephlex wrote: Nope. I love how people dis "old" movies that were made post 2000. This one has a good soundtrack from the 80s. FYI I am not a boomer.
the sequence where Head over Heels kicks in gives me chills every single time....the moment I see the back of the school bus turned on its side.
I've said this before regarding late 90s early 2000s films and it is very much applicable to both the film, and the Donnie character himself (much more than being "emo"). I can rewatch so many films that came out of that era (fight club, memento, ghost world, Royal Tenenbaums, to name a few others). The main reason is that I've developed a strong emotional connection to those films. I was in University during that time...and many of these films "connect" to so many other experiences, memories, stresses, joys, etc. that I was going through during that era. It's more than simply nostalgia...these films are integrated into my personality as they came out during a time when I myself was coming into my own.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Plainview wrote: never heard of it, seems like an old movie for boomers.
Oh myopic millennials.

Didn't you get the memo, you're not funny. That boomer joke is like saying lit, the cooler millennials stopped saying it long ago and have left you behind.

PS: I'm youngish
Dec 3, 2009
273 posts
72 upvotes
Ottawa
“I’M NOT AFRAID ANYMORE!!!”

Fun fact: an unknown Seth Rogan has a small role in this.
Aug 11, 2010
56 posts
223 upvotes
Winnipeg
From the iTunes listing:

The Donnie Darko: Anniversary Special Edition contains over 6 hours of bonus material! Included in these iTunes Extras is a brand new, never before seen live
Q&A with director Richard Kelly, the special Director's Cut of the film to go along with the theatrical version, a new documentary on the making of Donnie Darko,
audio commentaries, deleted and extended scenes, a Production Diary, cast and crew interviews, a look at Donnie Darko fans, storyboard comparisons, the "Mad
World" music video and much, much more. Travel back in time and get everything you could possibly want on one of the greatest films ever made.
Buying this movie gives you access to iTunes Extras, which require the latest version of iTunes

gotglint wrote: did anybody buy it, and can confirm it comes with the extras from the bluray?

• Audio commentary by writer-director Richard Kelly and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the Theatrical Cut
• Audio commentary by Kelly, producer Sean McKittrick and actors Drew Barrymore, Jena Malone, Beth Grant, Mary McDonnell, Holmes Osborne, Katharine Ross and James Duval on the Theatrical Cut
• Audio commentary by Kelly and filmmaker Kevin Smith on the Director s Cut
• Brand-new interviews with Richard Kelly and others
• The Goodbye Place, Kelly's 1996 short film, which anticipates some of the themes and ideas of his feature films
• The Donnie Darko Production Diary, an archival documentary charting the film's production with optional commentary by cinematographer Steven Poster
• Twenty deleted and alternate scenes with optional commentary by Kelly
• Archive interviews with Kelly, actors Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Holmes Osborne, Noah Wyle and Katharine Ross, producers Sean McKittrick, Nancy Juvonen, Hunt Lowry and Casey La Scala, and cinematographer Steven Poster
• Three archive featurettes: They Made Me Do It, They Made Me Do It Too and #1 Fan: A Darkomentary
• Storyboard comparisons
• B-roll footage
• Cunning Visions infomercials
• Music video: Mad World by Gary Jules
• Galleries
• Trailers
• TV spots
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2010
1048 posts
853 upvotes
Milton
Fightguard wrote: the sequence where Head over Heels kicks in gives me chills every single time....the moment I see the back of the school bus turned on its side.
I've said this before regarding late 90s early 2000s films and it is very much applicable to both the film, and the Donnie character himself (much more than being "emo"). I can rewatch so many films that came out of that era (fight club, memento, ghost world, Royal Tenenbaums, to name a few others). The main reason is that I've developed a strong emotional connection to those films. I was in University during that time...and many of these films "connect" to so many other experiences, memories, stresses, joys, etc. that I was going through during that era. It's more than simply nostalgia...these films are integrated into my personality as they came out during a time when I myself was coming into my own.
Word. Also, I think the "Mad World" cover by Gary Jules is better than the original by Tears for Fears.

Speaking of the original, I should add that if you've never danced like this at least once in your life, you haven't yet lived.