Tags:
None
Nov 15, 2010
311 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
sweetsocaking wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 10:56 pm
If he tries returning the service plan immediately henwillnalso lose the discount I used to offer that to customers also there is always a catch.
No where in the contract does it say that I will lose the discount. It states that it can be cancelled within 30 days with full refund less any claims made to the plan. If they try to remove the discount I will definitely make sure the manager knows employees are trying to pull fast ones by offering this loophole to customers.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3678 posts
219 upvotes
goonerm3 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 11:21 pm
No where in the contract does it say that I will lose the discount. It states that it can be cancelled within 30 days with full refund less any claims made to the plan. If they try to remove the discount I will definitely make sure the manager knows employees are trying to pull fast ones by offering this loophole to customers.
yes but the agent that gave you the deal will be screwed. He gets hooped on the cancellation of the psp.
Jan 8, 2007
148 posts
16 upvotes
Both staples and BB has iPad 2 in-stock now.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4313 posts
662 upvotes
London
goonerm3 wrote:
Goodluck with that. It's a package deal. You get the discount on the condition that you get the PSP or else a lot of people would be abusing this. You made an agreement with them verbally and when you paid to complete the transaction. Employees aren't trying to pull anything. That's one of the methods they use to sell the PSP. As long as the sale results in a decent-sized profit, they are given the green light by their supervisors to make these type of deals. It's really no different than when someone buys an Xbox 360 that came with 2 free games and then tries to return the Xbox and keep the games for free.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6679 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
goonerm3 wrote:
It's sold as a package. You have to return both to get a refund. Otherwise the pricing will be readjusted.

It's like you walk up to a vendor, offer to buy ONE MILLION units of something and they give you the one million unit price. Then next week you try to return 999,999 units, and keep one unit at the million unit price. Yeah right.
Nov 15, 2010
311 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
Drew_W wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:20 am
It's sold as a package. You have to return both to get a refund. Otherwise the pricing will be readjusted.

It's like you walk up to a vendor, offer to buy ONE MILLION units of something and they give you the one million unit price. Then next week you try to return 999,999 units, and keep one unit at the million unit price. Yeah right.
Like I said, I read the whole agreement and there is no conditional discount clause or anything pertaining to the discount what so ever. If the documentation stated that the discount received was conditional then yes I would understand the logic of getting the discount taken away, but that is not the case. If the discount is conditional on the psp then its up to the employee to make that clear to me, and even if he doesnt it should be in writing somewhere. No hard feelings, if i cancel and the discount is rescinded, so be it. Im not trying to screw anyone over, simply looking for the best deal out there.
Nov 15, 2010
311 posts
26 upvotes
Montreal
Drew_W wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 1:20 am

Thats not really a good analogy.... if a vendor gives you a volume discount, then that is their choice to give it to you at a lesser price. What is stopping you from returning the units? What if there are 999,999 faulty units, is there a contract forbidding returns? When I made a payment I agreed to pay a certain price for the computer and a certain price for the service plan. No where was there any mention of a conditional discount, either in writing or paper.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2003
9264 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
anybody that ordered from Staples got their products yet? I ordered the MBA on 26th, and they sent an email to confirm the order but it took them a whole day to verify my order. So I waited around at home for nothing.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2071 posts
703 upvotes
Kanata
warpdrive wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:37 am
anybody that ordered from Staples got their products yet? I ordered the MBA on 26th, and they sent an email to confirm the order but it took them a whole day to verify my order. So I waited around at home for nothing.
I got my ipod yesterday from Staples (ordered in/around the 24th). Gotta admit, Apple makes some nice stuff ... the biggest surprise was that Staples actually came thru for once (for me). LOL. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2006
1262 posts
232 upvotes
warpdrive wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 10:37 am

I ordered this past weekend (Dec 23rd) and just got my order today today. They clearly have a backlog of orders that they're trying to deliver right now.
Jun 4, 2012
24 posts
Any word on when the retail stores will get iPad minis again? Got store credit to use at BB
Dec 12, 2012
62 posts
3 upvotes
BestBuy has received few in stock today after last night's shipment. Monday should be more available at the store level.
Oct 3, 2008
549 posts
75 upvotes
Got my MBP from st00ples yesterday... have to admit, it's a very nice notebook! I didn't bother buying online, I dropped by their store last night on my way home.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
1119 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver
The 13.3" MBP Air is back in stock online at BB at the $1099 price (until tomorrow).
× < >