Hot Deals

[Apple] SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller + Minecraft Apple TV Edition for $54.95

[OP]
Dec 13, 2012
542 posts
125 upvotes
TORONTO

[Apple] SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller + Minecraft Apple TV Edition for $54.95

Apple has a pretty good deal right now for both a Nimbus Wireless Controller and Minecraft: Apple TV Edition (download code) for $54.95. The controller alone goes for $64.95 (and the game alone is $27.99 on itunes). Might be worth it just for the controller if you're looking for one for iOS gaming with $10 savings

Controller + Minecraft (Apple TV):
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/H ... tv-edition

Minecraft on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/minecra ... 98841?mt=8
11 replies
Jan 17, 2012
76 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Trying to find out if this will work on the Nintendo Switch.
No luck. Would anyone know?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1194 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
fsilva wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 8:59 am
How would this work on a nintendo switch?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1271 posts
163 upvotes
im just going by the photo but does it come with the apple tv aswell or just the minecraft game apple tv edition..

nvm it does not come with it, lol was hoping it did because of the photo
Support the #LENOVOSUCKS Social Media Campaign! Tweet @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada #LENOVOSUCKS + Post at facebook.com/lenovo
- Part of the 2014 - #LENOVOSUCKS movement -
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2005
5779 posts
582 upvotes
fsilva wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 9:32 am
It's a Bluetooth controller
and? only the 8bitdo controllers works for switch cause it has custom firmware.
Add me on PSN!

PSN: jayditto
XBL: escapade
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14694 posts
3759 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lbmeyer wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 9:35 am
There's no support for the switch with this controller. It only works for Apple devices

https://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/nimbus
word. i've had this controller for 2 years and, while its pretty good, only works with apple products. Tried it on my shield and it gave me the big f u.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Apr 7, 2015
134 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver Island
fsilva wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 8:59 am
Are you referring to the ability to use Xbox 360/One/PS3/4 controllers via a FastSnail or Mayflash adapter?

It's not impossible that it would work, but based on some google-fu, references to issues with not all buttons working on things like RetroPi would indicate that it would be a risky purchase, as it wouldn't be fully supported.
Feb 22, 2006
151 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Is there many games on Apple TV that requires the controller?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1329 posts
458 upvotes
Apple needs controllers to be certified so it's unlike Android where anything just works. Sigh.. I don't want to throw down $50 for a locked down controller.
Jan 17, 2012
76 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I was naively hoping it would simply pair with the Switch Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes