Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1323 posts
971 upvotes

Apple Store?

I'm in the market for a new laptop for work. Looking to upgrade to a Macbook Pro.
Anyone know how the sales are usually at Apple on boxing day?

Their Black Friday sale was pretty week ($100 off), so I'm not expecting much.
I know there's an old version (early 2011) of the MBP on sale ($200 off) at BB and FS, but I'd rather not line up if there is a better (or same) deal from the Apple Store. :P
REAL ESTATE. INVESTMENT CONDOS (YSL). RESALE.
Real Estate Sales Representative
Richmond Hill & GTA
12 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2212 posts
239 upvotes
North York
It's ridiculous. On boxing day there would be tons of people lining up in front of Apple store with absolutely no sales ... it's a known fact that they don't run boxing day sales (or anything more than their "usual sale")... which begs the question ... why bother specifically lining up in front of Apple store for a regular sale? unless you're there to meet fellow fanbois
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Ethan15 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2011 11:50 pm
It's ridiculous. On boxing day there would be tons of people lining up in front of Apple store with absolutely no sales ... it's a known fact that they don't run boxing day sales (or anything more than their "usual sale")... which begs the question ... why bother specifically lining up in front of Apple store for a regular sale? unless you're there to meet fellow fanbois

Every year someone always asks this question, and it's always the same answer.

Apple is making record profits and gaining market share, would you put your products on sale for one day when people are grabbing it up at full price? :)
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2212 posts
239 upvotes
North York
CSAgent wrote:
Dec 20th, 2011 11:54 pm
Every year someone always asks this question, and it's always the same answer.

Apple is making record profits and gaining market share, would you put your products on sale for one day when people are grabbing it up at full price? :)

They don't need to go on sale - in fact, going on sale will diminish their brand value and alienate billions of customers who are more than willing to pay full price.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4088 upvotes
Ottawa
poorwingman wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 12:35 am
•MacBook Pro 13.3" with 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, 4GB, 320GB - $999.99

future-shop-boxing-day-sale-flyer-now-a ... e-1121096/

Not sure why that post has not been corrected yet. It's the old 2.3GHz on sale not the 2.5GHz. Otherwise it would be a smoking hot deal!

It's been brought up but not corrected by the poster.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
2897 posts
371 upvotes
+ there are rumours of retina display coming to the 2012 MBP. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162- ... a-display/

Sandy bridge/ivy bridge stuff aside, I think retina display is the type of thing that will blow your eyeballs out of their sockets and make all your friends green with envy. The rest of the stuffs is peripheral if all you're doing is web browsing and word processing..

But then again, I am also the guy that chinced out and got a dell v131 bc I didn't want to spend $1500 on a laptop.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6177 posts
1042 upvotes
I heard that Apple will do something different this boxing day.
Instead of their usual $100 off a mac book pro, or $20 off the top end ipod touch, they are going to increase the prices of everything.

Apple fanboys will think it's amazing and line up for this newly priced apple gear.
Sep 11, 2006
862 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
canadiankorean wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 3:07 pm
Instead of their usual $100 off a mac book pro, or $20 off the top end ipod touch, they are going to increase the prices of everything.

Apple fanboys will think it's amazing and line up for this newly priced apple gear.

Where's the thumbs down button?
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4088 upvotes
Ottawa
canadiankorean wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 3:07 pm

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q-UGS8uIOOI/S ... _funny.jpg[/IMG]
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2011
1127 posts
52 upvotes
rivet wrote:
Dec 21st, 2011 10:23 am
It is a good deal, but not hot IMO, you can buy from Apple refurbished for $979 and get a free $100 printer along with some airmiles.

That's what I got a month ago, stock in the refurb store section of Apple.ca was high, now if you check it out there's barely anything there.

Great deal, MBP came like new, just crappy box.