• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2018 2:25 am
[OP]
Jun 13, 2011
20 posts
15 upvotes

Iphone 6S $35 Battery replacement

Hey guys,

Swung by the apple store at Chinook centre, they're discounting the iPhone 6s this year, so seems like they're Clearing out the batteries.

I replaced my 2yr old battery for $35 plus tax.

Seems like a good deal, comes with 90 day warranty. Better than third party battery replacements

Not sure it's available Canada wide.

Hopefully this helps users with Iphone 6s.
51 replies
Jul 21, 2011
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I did this a couple months ago too... I think it’s Canada wide
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1346 posts
359 upvotes
Funny, I had a buddy who took his girlfriends iPhone 6 to the apple store to replace the battery, they simply gave her a new phone to get rid of them.
Alex
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7658 posts
870 upvotes
https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone-battery ... rformance/

To address our customers’ concerns, to recognize their loyalty and to regain the trust of anyone who may have doubted Apple’s intentions, we’ve decided to take the following steps:

Apple is reducing the price of an out-of-warranty iPhone battery replacement by $64 — from $99 to $35 — for anyone with an iPhone 6 or later whose battery needs to be replaced, available worldwide through December 2018. Details will be provided soon on apple.com/ca.

Early in 2018, we will issue an iOS software update with new features that give users more visibility into the health of their iPhone’s battery, so they can see for themselves if its condition is affecting performance.

As always, our team is working on ways to make the user experience even better, including improving how we manage performance and avoid unexpected shutdowns as batteries age.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11333 posts
2184 upvotes
Ottawa
crm2003 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 8:00 pm
Hey guys,

Swung by the apple store at Chinook centre, they're discounting the iPhone 6s this year, so seems like they're Clearing out the batteries.
This special price is being offered because of the aging battery throttling scandal. Note that after 2018, the price will go back up to 99$. So if you have a iPhone 6 or newer you should make it a point of going in before year end. I suspect there will be a big rush of people waiting till the last minute.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1612 posts
294 upvotes
sherman51 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 8:02 pm
Funny, I had a buddy who took his girlfriends iPhone 6 to the apple store to replace the battery, they simply gave her a new phone to get rid of them.
a new iphone 6?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2502 posts
408 upvotes
Got my 6S battery replaced last month for free. Said it was eligible due to some battery defect on some batch. They'll check your serial and battery health when you go in for battery changed. iPhone 6s is still plenty fast, worth it for even $35 for new battery
Mar 17, 2016
6 posts
9 upvotes
coilz wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 8:18 pm
Got my 6S battery replaced last month for free. Said it was eligible due to some battery defect on some batch. They'll check your serial and battery health when you go in for battery changed. iPhone 6s is still plenty fast, worth it for even $35 for new battery
they did the same for my 6S as well
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4214 posts
553 upvotes
Wondering if I should get the battery replaced in my iPhone X. Not having any issues with it, but might as well do it before the battery promo runs out.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1346 posts
359 upvotes
kenvin100 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2018 8:11 pm
a new iphone 6?
Yep, the funny part is that he wanted to replace a battery that he replaced from an outside company so he wondered if he'd get any grief for that, they just tossed him a new phone.
Alex
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2292 posts
809 upvotes
Victoria
I'll chime in and repeat what everyone else is saying: This is not a hot deal. This is the regular price of a battery replacement and has been since the beginning of the year. The price is valid until the end of the year. I replaced mine a few months ago through London Drugs. Quick & painless. But not a hot deal.
Aug 12, 2018
3 posts
18 upvotes
I literaly just went to an Apple Store today with an iPhone 6, that had a screen lifting on the left side. I’ve had the phone for 4 years. They looked at the phone and said it’s because the battery is swelling.

And then they gave me a brand new iPhone 6 for the cost of the battery replacement of $35 + tax.

Say what you want but that’s just incredible service.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)