Cell Phones

Iphone $35 Battery replacement (various models)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2018 6:14 pm
Sep 10, 2018
659 posts
1910 upvotes
Do I care?
Anyone thinking the company is doing it out of good conscience - hopefully there isn't any - can enjoy the deal.

We screwed up intentionally and someone found out so we are putting this program together to avoid bigger lawsuit is more like it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
I thought it’s $30, you mean $35+tax?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2896 posts
2002 upvotes
GTA
I had a IPhone 6 in perfect working condition and nothing wrong at all..
Went to Fairview mall apple store to do the battery swap..
After 1.5 hour wait they refused to swap battery and told me that my iPhone 6 has a water damage.(surprise).
I insist for a battery swap and they told me it’s unsafe...
They offered me new iPhone 6 for 398$plus tax. I told I can get iPhone 7 or 8 from kijiji at this price
‎3 Apples that changed the world: the one that Eve ate, the one that fell on Newton's head and the one that Steve Jobs built.
R.I.P Steve jobs...!!
Jun 21, 2012
146 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: I thought it’s $30, you mean $35+tax?
It's $29 plus tax in the States but since we're in Canada it's a little bit more because of the currency exchange.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
PapaQBear wrote: iPhone 8 battery health at 95%. What to do boi what to do?
what app you used to check battery health?
Oct 4, 2010
275 posts
245 upvotes
Torontoish
To make this a bit warmer, and ymmv, there have been a lot of stories of people bringing their older model phones in for swap and end up leaving with a new/refurbished one because something goes wrong with the swap
Deals are on the way!
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
forgetpwd wrote: what app you used to check battery health?
IOS 12.1 has a battery health display baked right in
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Sep 10, 2015
501 posts
406 upvotes
Brampton, ON
MrsDoubtfire wrote: To make this a bit warmer, and ymmv, there have been a lot of stories of people bringing their older model phones in for swap and end up leaving with a new/refurbished one because something goes wrong with the swap
Yep. I was one of them. They rellaced battery but damaged the phones vibrate motor so comped me a refurb
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2418 posts
3852 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
densil_lopez wrote: I had a IPhone 6 in perfect working condition and nothing wrong at all..
After 1.5 hour wait they refused to swap battery and told me that my iPhone 6 has a water damage.(surprise).
They offered me new iPhone 6 for 398$plus tax. I told I can get iPhone 7 or 8 from kijiji at this price
I find that when it comes to battery issues, Fairview Mall employees give me a hard time. I had a phone that qualified for a free battery swap due to known hardware issues. Took it to Fairview and the employee told me that they can't replace the battery because the phone had gone through too many charge cycles. Common sense would indicate that the reason I was charging it so often was because the battery was no good. I just called Apple and they ended up sending me an express (refurbished) replacement and I sent my phone back to them.

I've had other phones with battery issues and I always get pushback at that location.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3234 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
If I have an iPhone 6s that has no issue

Should I do this anyway just for precautions ?
Jan 30, 2009
702 posts
83 upvotes
Victoria
15% wear on my 7 Plus and I've since upgraded to the XS. Wondering if its worth it to go ahead with this to get an upper hand in the resell market over other listings.
GO OILERS GO
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
densil_lopez wrote: I had a IPhone 6 in perfect working condition and nothing wrong at all..
the worst about this, is that Apple keeps a record of the serial number and mark it as water damaged.
not much left to do with your phone, other than perhaps selling it
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Dec 14, 2007
670 posts
824 upvotes
Just wondering, why would anyone downvote this thread? OP is being helpful. If you got a beef against Apple take it up with them.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1543 posts
529 upvotes
Ottawa
RelleR wrote: 15% wear on my 7 Plus and I've since upgraded to the XS. Wondering if its worth it to go ahead with this to get an upper hand in the resell market over other listings.
i would if you plan to keep it or even resell it. Apples criteria is 80% so you're fast approaching it. a regular change is apparently $99 plus taxes. this comes to about $39.50 with taxes.

you can call apple care and they will call you back within a few minutes and try to book an appointment at a store closer to you. but they can only see 7 days in advance. i walked into a store and they could see 10 days in advance so booked a time which was basically on the 9th day. the whole swap takes about 1 - 1.5 hrs. as the deadline gets closer i am sure more people will jump in.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
3234 posts
1383 upvotes
Quebec
everylittlecent wrote: i would if you plan to keep it or even resell it. Apples criteria is 80% so you're fast approaching it. a regular change is apparently $99 plus taxes. this comes to about $39.50 with taxes.

you can call apple care and they will call you back within a few minutes and try to book an appointment at a store closer to you. but they can only see 7 days in advance. i walked into a store and they could see 10 days in advance so booked a time which was basically on the 9th day. the whole swap takes about 1 - 1.5 hrs. as the deadline gets closer i am sure more people will jump in.
I have 2 iPhone 6s

One with 94% and one with 93%

Wondering to do it or not lol
Jun 7, 2017
241 posts
34 upvotes
I took my 6 in last month but the tech took one look at it and refused to fix it just because it was slightly bent and had a small bump on top of the headphone jack which caused the screen to protrude out ever so slightly. Disappointed to say the least as I can use the phone barely over an hour before it dies..
Mar 7, 2006
549 posts
57 upvotes
Do the update the iOS when changing the battery?
Ask me about 2023-2024 Raptors Tickets
Apr 13, 2017
183 posts
227 upvotes
Winnipeg
marc_t wrote: the worst about this, is that Apple keeps a record of the serial number and mark it as water damaged.
not much left to do with your phone, other than perhaps selling it
You could argue with them to prove to you on the circuit board where there's water damage (aka they must show you that the damage exists) , if they are relying on their water/moisture color pads they are known to change in high humidity and have proven to be TERRIBLE at accuracy

Batsassin wrote: I took my 6 in last month but the tech took one look at it and refused to fix it just because it was slightly bent and had a small bump on top of the headphone jack which caused the screen to protrude out ever so slightly. Disappointed to say the least as I can use the phone barely over an hour before it dies..
Also something you can argue with them over, the Bend issue in the 6's was a known design flaw
Jul 17, 2010
227 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
my iPhone X holds 91%, still within warranty. Will apple swap it for me?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)