• Nov 10th, 2017 4:50 pm
[OP]
Feb 12, 2009
209 posts
11 upvotes
North York

Apple TV 3rd gen

Worth getting at $75-$85.

I know it is an older model and they have the new ones but close to $200 not sure I want to spend that kind of money.

Also wold you be able to pair the wireless apple beboRd with it?
9 replies
May 8, 2007
729 posts
146 upvotes
Fraser Valley, BC
I have one and it's decent. Mostly I use it for Netflix and Youtube, plus a little Vimeo, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, watching live Apple presentations. Also AirPlay for putting iPad photos and videos on TV and playing movies from a Mac. I use mine connected to ethernet network cable for better performance and it also works OK with Wi-fi.

But there are not many useful apps, and they probably won't be adding any. Looks like new apps are only going to work on the latest Apple TV 5 (and maybe Apple TV 4 but I'm not sure about that). There is a CBC app on the latest Apple TV but not available on Apple TV 3.

Can use bluetooth keyboards with it but I have not tried that.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14115 posts
2350 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn’t buy an Apple TV 3 in 2017. Too limited.
[OP]
Feb 12, 2009
209 posts
11 upvotes
North York
Thanks guys.
Just picked up the Apple TV 4 from Costco using materspass. I may return. 'My tv is already smart. But I wanted something to play my network drive and my wife loves the Apple Ecosystem
May 10, 2007
93 posts
11 upvotes
The Apple TV 2 is obsolete. 256k memory, 720p. In the old days, it was a great Kodi player, but support for it was dropped at version 14.2.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14115 posts
2350 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, the Apple TV 2 is obsolete. The only reason to own one was because it could be jail broken but many of the advantages of jail breaking were lost when the Apple TV 4 came out. The Apple TV 4 can run Infuse natively.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15740 posts
4460 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I have an atv4 in the living room and an atv3 in the bedroom.

The atv3 is garbage compared to the 4. I need to get rid of it ASAP.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Feb 12, 2009
209 posts
11 upvotes
North York
I will be returning my ATV4. I just can't find the use for it. Almost $200 to stream my media content from my LAN. My tv always had Spotify, YouTube. Netflix. I have an android box but is struggles to load my content. My tv is the Samsung smart tv will the Tizen OS, their OS is garbage and wish it was still Android. Half the apps are useless.