Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Apple: Up to $260 Off Select Refurb MacBook Pro Models Starting at $999.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2013 5:23 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto

[Apple] Apple: Up to $260 Off Select Refurb MacBook Pro Models Starting at $999.99

The Apple refurb store has restocked a few of 13.3" MacBook Pro models for a limited time with some decent discounts. As always, Apple refurb models are cleaned, tested and come with a one-year warranty. The only noticeable difference is in the generic packaging it comes with. The one that caught our eye was the MacBook Pro with Intel Core i5 on sale for $1439. It's the Feb 2013 version and retails for $1699 regularly, so the price is decent for a newish model. If you can get by with half the hard drive space, the one for $1249 might be a better buy.

Stock is limited and shipping is free. Don't forget to use the Cash Back links!
6 replies
Feb 1, 2008
83 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK
still too expensive (especially considering that this is the older version of the Intel CPUs).

the MBPs (MacBook Pros) look good (there are a few alternatives that do look the same or better, but many are just plastic). However, they are slow, and OSx (operating system on a Mac) is limited. Loading Windows on them is a waste of a few hours and pushes up the price, when you can get a cheaper, faster machine, that has Windows pre-installed.

Battery life also falls far short from what Apple claims. My $850 Lenovo ran circles around the Macbook Pro that my school loaned me (before promptly returning the 10 MBPs they got as a trial), and had 1 hour longer battery life on average to boot.

Yes, the Lenovo is uglier (there are pretty Lenovos out there that look a lot like the MBP, actually, but mine is the plain black), but is faster, has better battery, is cheaper, and has Windows preinstalled out of the box. I'll take that over how my computer looks any time.
Aug 25, 2006
118 posts
3 upvotes
mihaelb wrote:
Aug 20th, 2013 1:02 pm
still too expensive (especially considering that this is the older version of the Intel CPUs).

the MBPs (MacBook Pros) look good (there are a few alternatives that do look the same or better, but many are just plastic). However, they are slow, and OSx (operating system on a Mac) is limited. Loading Windows on them is a waste of a few hours and pushes up the price, when you can get a cheaper, faster machine, that has Windows pre-installed.

Battery life also falls far short from what Apple claims. My $850 Lenovo ran circles around the Macbook Pro that my school loaned me (before promptly returning the 10 MBPs they got as a trial), and had 1 hour longer battery life on average to boot.

Yes, the Lenovo is uglier (there are pretty Lenovos out there that look a lot like the MBP, actually, but mine is the plain black), but is faster, has better battery, is cheaper, and has Windows preinstalled out of the box. I'll take that over how my computer looks any time.
While i usually agree as i also have a lenovo, the latest screens besides the tabs are absolutely terrible. That is why I'm still holding on to my ancient x61t with an ips screen.
Dec 8, 2011
114 posts
36 upvotes
WATERLOO
mihaelb wrote:
Aug 20th, 2013 1:02 pm

Come on, it all about what you want to do. or how about this, your Lenovo can't even run OSX so it sucks......
Jun 10, 2007
113 posts
15 upvotes
From my personal experience:
I bought an Acer ultrabook which has Windows 8 installed.
I returned it the next day as I cannot stand Windows 8.
In the office the laptop is using Windows XP.
At home I use OS X and sometimes Windows 7.
× < >