Cell Phones

Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular: Only Bell initially, then Telus. No Rogers.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 1:23 am
Apr 22, 2014
813 posts
182 upvotes
, ON
U4LIFE wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:32 am
The LTE AW3 has ceramic back with the aluminum models instead composite plastic.
How about the stainless steel non lte ones?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2388 posts
365 upvotes
Hamilton
U4LIFE wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:32 am
The LTE AW3 has ceramic back with the aluminum models instead composite plastic.
Ah yes, good catch! Kept forgetting about that difference with the aluminum LTE vs non-LTE.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2388 posts
365 upvotes
Hamilton
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:45 am
How about the stainless steel non lte ones?
At this moment, the only way to get a stainless steel model is with cellular (all previous stainless steel models had a ceramic back).
Oct 13, 2016
9 posts
5 upvotes
I got the LTE aluminium one with Sport band because I’ll probably replace it with a new one in 2 years and I want the cheapest one I can get :)

Also I went to the Bell store today, the equilivent Bell plan to my Fido plan is $33 a month more expensive, so perhaps I’ll hold off on switching for now :(
Apr 22, 2014
813 posts
182 upvotes
, ON
I want the stainless steel one but don't need the LTE as I am with Rogers and I have a grandfathered plan so no way I am giving it up for a watch. Maybe I should just get series 2. I plan to get one with brown leather band for office professional look
Jul 31, 2015
215 posts
66 upvotes
AB
Sep 23rd, 2017 10:37 pm
I want the stainless steel one but don't need the LTE as I am with Rogers and I have a grandfathered plan so no way I am giving it up for a watch. Maybe I should just get series 2. I plan to get one with brown leather band for office professional look
That is the sane apporach, but the aw3 is sooo much faster the the aw2. Like its very noticeable if you ever have used the older one. It would be very hard for me to go back after using the aw3 for even a few days now.
Apr 22, 2014
813 posts
182 upvotes
, ON
U4LIFE wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 11:47 am
That is the sane apporach, but the aw3 is sooo much faster the the aw2. Like its very noticeable if you ever have used the older one. It would be very hard for me to go back after using the aw3 for even a few days now.
How slow is series 2? How much faster is series 3? How much fast you can go in reality? I wonder if things can go so fast in the future, and it will do it for you before you even click or swipe it lol

In all seriousness, how much faster is series 3 vs series 2?
Jul 31, 2015
215 posts
66 upvotes
AB
Sep 24th, 2017 11:59 am
How slow is series 2? How much faster is series 3? How much fast you can go in reality? I wonder if things can go so fast in the future, and it will do it for you before you even click or swipe it lol

In all seriousness, how much faster is series 3 vs series 2?
more ram, and 70% faster cpu. Might not mater to most, especially on a watch. but for something that people usually keep for a while, I notice the speed now and I'm sure watch os 5 and 6 will run much better on better hardware
Apr 22, 2014
813 posts
182 upvotes
, ON
U4LIFE wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 12:18 pm
more ram, and 70% faster cpu. Might not mater to most, especially on a watch. but for something that people usually keep for a while, I notice the speed now and I'm sure watch os 5 and 6 will run much better on better hardware
I wish there is video of speed comparison between the two. How much faster do you think in seconds?
On another topic, can you also stream music in series 2 just like in series 3?
Oct 13, 2016
9 posts
5 upvotes
U4LIFE wrote:
Sep 24th, 2017 12:18 pm
I moved from the Series 0 to the Series 3 LTE, and I can confirm that the animations are much smoother on the new watch and the speed up is really noticeable. Also, Raise to speak to Siri really works well and there’s no hesitation at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1703 posts
285 upvotes
commie wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 9:52 am
I just received confirmation from Apple that my AW3 is ready to pickup during my scheduled pick up window time.
LevFin wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 11:40 am
Picked mine up at 8AM today, I got the confirmation at around 1AM or so
Moltenfireants wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 1:56 pm
Picked up mine at 10am today too. I'll probably visit a Bell store this weekend and see what kind of offers or bundles I can get.
Out of curiosity, when did you guys order?

I'm surprised the website still says 3-4 weeks wait and no availability for pickup at local applestore...
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4540 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
My series nil is still going strong but I foresee a series 3 in my future.

What do you guys think? Better to go non LTE for $485 tax in or pony up the extra $100 for the LTE version (and just use it as a non LTE version until rogers officially supports it)?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2667 posts
104 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 11:41 am
My series nil is still going strong but I foresee a series 3 in my future.

What do you guys think? Better to go non LTE for $485 tax in or pony up the extra $100 for the LTE version (and just use it as a non LTE version until rogers officially supports it)?
Go for the LTE version even if you are with Rogers and will have to wait till they are ready. Especially if you are going to get the Sport/Alum version. The LTE is a ceramic back, the non-LTE is the regular sports back.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1375 posts
375 upvotes
First time AW owner. Picked up the Series 3 non LTE and am pleasantly surprised by the battery. I turned off GPS and went two nights without charging and it's still got over 25%.