Cell Phones

Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular: Only Bell initially, then Telus. No Rogers.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 1:23 am
Jun 20, 2016
114 posts
10 upvotes
Anyone have any news/updates on Telus support for LTE?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
3249 posts
477 upvotes
Ottawa
Got aw s3 LTE with 10% off FROM staples last week, but I’m with Fido, what can I do?
Jun 20, 2016
114 posts
10 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:02 pm
Got aw s3 LTE with 10% off FROM staples last week, but I’m with Fido, what can I do?
Fido is Rogers, so they're not supporting it right now - may not even support this generation of Apple Watch. Right now unfortunately it's just a wait and see.
Nov 18, 2017
1 posts
Im also considering switching to Bell, im with Rogers right now on a share plan, Bell have the same exact plan for 10$ more, 85$ vs 95$. For 10$ dollars more i get access to Lte Advanced which Rogers don’t support in my city Montreal Qc and don’t know if they ever will, and would finally be able to use my Apple watch to it’s full potential for 5$ a month of course! And they just announced their new roaming plan, 12$ a day vs 10$ a day for Rogers, again 2$ more is not a big deal for me. Anyone got experience on porting is number to another carrier? Wanna keep the same number, just wondering if it’s something complicated to do.
Jun 20, 2017
30 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone know if telus will support small business plans?
Jun 20, 2016
114 posts
10 upvotes
Telus is NOT currently supporting small business plans. Personal lines have been able to register for the last couple of days. Chat reps have said business and corporate are coming in Q1 2018.

Pretty dissapointed really, Bell managed to make it work for business and corporate already.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4542 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
man I need rogers to start supporting this

my OG watch is slow as shit and I really need an upgrade.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Feb 1, 2015
689 posts
312 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
LevFin wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:25 am
Telus is NOT currently supporting small business plans. Personal lines have been able to register for the last couple of days. Chat reps have said business and corporate are coming in Q1 2018.

Pretty dissapointed really, Bell managed to make it work for business and corporate already.
Our anticipated launch date for SMB Personal and Medium is February 1st
May 8, 2009
2242 posts
710 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
ExJosh wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 3:12 am
Im also considering switching to Bell, im with Rogers right now on a share plan, Bell have the same exact plan for 10$ more, 85$ vs 95$. For 10$ dollars more i get access to Lte Advanced which Rogers don’t support in my city Montreal Qc and don’t know if they ever will, and would finally be able to use my Apple watch to it’s full potential for 5$ a month of course! And they just announced their new roaming plan, 12$ a day vs 10$ a day for Rogers, again 2$ more is not a big deal for me. Anyone got experience on porting is number to another carrier? Wanna keep the same number, just wondering if it’s something complicated to do.
Bell will gladly port your numbers.

Keep an eye on consumer port-in credits promotions. You may want to port to Videotron first, because Bell offers bigger port-in credits from Videotron usually. If you're going the small business route, then the port-in credits are carrier-agnostic, as long as you're porting in from non-Bell (no Virgin, no Bell/Virgin prepaid).
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming
Jun 20, 2016
114 posts
10 upvotes
ironmen77 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 10:50 pm
Our anticipated launch date for SMB Personal and Medium is February 1st
Is this an official statement, or speculation? (Not doubting you, just haven't seen this anywhere yet)
Nov 22, 2016
64 posts
9 upvotes
It's probably worth waiting for next years Apple Watch. Now you can't roam with your Apple Watch. And the carrier compatibility is very low. Next years watch will probably offer many more LTE bands resulting in more carriers supporting it and roaming will be available.