Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple website

Apple IPad Pro 12.9 64gb 2017 2nd gen REFURBISHED - $639

Mar 7, 2011
69 posts
67 upvotes

Apple IPad Pro 12.9 64gb 2017 2nd gen REFURBISHED - $639

Deal Link:
Price:
$639.00
Retailer:
Apple website
Hi , thought this is a great deal for an iPad Pro 12.9 2017 64gb space grey .Apple refurbs have a new battery ,outer shell and a 1yr warranty. Enjoy!!
Last edited by Gopro269 on Apr 10th, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
65 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1775 posts
2879 upvotes
Kingston
I'm not even an iPad user but contemplating it! +1
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1477 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
cellman73 wrote: Hi , thought this is a great deal for an iPad Pro 12.9 2017 64gb space grey .Apple refurbs have a new battery ,outer shell and a 1yr warranty. Enjoy!!
I'm not sure they have a new battery. I got one for a family member (on the theory the larger screen would be a benefit to them; it was their first "computer" ever). They like the device, but the battery only lasted two years (till just after Applecare ran out). Pretty sure they took good care of it. The good thing was a new battery was only $110, but it shouldn't have happened. That said, it might have been a fluke, but it is a data point.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2017
1176 posts
2195 upvotes
davidm wrote: I'm not sure they have a new battery. I got one for a family member (on the theory the larger screen would be a benefit to them; it was their first "computer" ever). They like the device, but the battery only lasted two years (till just after Applecare ran out). Pretty sure they took good care of it. The good thing was a new battery was only $110, but it shouldn't have happened. That said, it might have been a fluke, but it is a data point.
At least now you can check settings and see battery health. If it’s less than 100%, then it’s not replaced.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
3476 posts
3997 upvotes
GTA
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: At least now you can check settings and see battery health. If it’s less than 100%, then it’s not replaced.
The iphone does have that feature but battery health % is not available in the iPad. You have to use an external app like iMazing on a PC or Mac to see the %.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14473 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
If you might be Considering the New Air with the A12 processor.....the A12 is slightly,quicker then the one in this BUT there are some other benefits to the Pro detailed here... not to mention this unit has a bigger screen.

“With the iPad Pro, you're getting ProMotion display which gives you a 120Hz refresh rate versus the 60Hz found on the Air. This makes the UI feel more responsive to your touch and has some other niceties when drawing with an Apple Pencil.

Two, you're getting an extra pair of speakers which is notably better for consuming media or playing music —and if you cover one with a hand, you lose less than you are if you cover one of two speakers on the iPad Air. And, you're also getting a slightly better rear camera with an LED flash if iPad photography is your thing.”

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/03 ... w-ipad-air
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1597 posts
1455 upvotes
davidm wrote: I'm not sure they have a new battery. I got one for a family member (on the theory the larger screen would be a benefit to them; it was their first "computer" ever). They like the device, but the battery only lasted two years (till just after Applecare ran out). Pretty sure they took good care of it. The good thing was a new battery was only $110, but it shouldn't have happened. That said, it might have been a fluke, but it is a data point.
A lot of people do not realize the two worst things you can do to a lipo is leave it charged or empty. That will certainly wear it quickly. I wish more companies were like Nintendo. They only allow their batteries to charge to 90% greatly extending their life.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1477 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
slayerwulf wrote: A lot of people do not realize the two worst things you can do to a lipo is leave it charged or empty. That will certainly wear it quickly. I wish more companies were like Nintendo. They only allow their batteries to charge to 90% greatly extending their life.
This might have had an impact, I think they plugged it in whenever it wasn't in use. But still, I pretty much use the same pattern with my devices and their batteries last well over two years (in this case, the iPad would show a full charge, but shut down shortly after being unplugged).

Not sure why the iPad itself wouldn't offer suggestions on how to best charge the battery.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1083 posts
1364 upvotes
Bradford
On the page it indicates that it comes with a new battery and shell:

"All refurbished iPad models include:
The same 1-year warranty as a brand new iPad / All manuals and accessories / A new battery and outer shell / A new white box"
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
Will it keep closing my apps? That's the buggest problem with older iPads with less ram
Mar 7, 2011
69 posts
67 upvotes
Nope I originally just got the 10.5 no problems at all works amazing better then my old iPad Air 2 and I am upgrading to this one as I want the huge screen as a laptop replacement .Plenty of videos on YouTube showing you how good the iPad Pro 2017 a10x chip is
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
Waiting for the Refurb 11" to re-appear in the store.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
So tempted to buy this for school hate carrying around my 17" laptop lol
Mar 7, 2011
69 posts
67 upvotes
kanewtz wrote: Waiting for the Refurb 11" to re-appear in the store.
I hear you ,It was a few weeks ago on the refurbished site at 899.00 too expensive for me and not a day and night difference
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
If the economy wasn’t going into the gutter I’d probably buy this now and think about it later....decisions, decisions. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
3071 posts
1585 upvotes
cellman73 wrote: I hear you ,It was a few weeks ago on the refurbished site at 899.00 too expensive for me and not a day and night difference
It was $729 for the 11" iPad Pro Refurb.
Mar 7, 2011
69 posts
67 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: If the economy wasn’t going into the gutter I’d probably buy this now and think about it later....decisions, decisions. Face With Tears Of Joy
As I wise company once said “Just do it !!” Buy now think later the RFD effect Thumbs Up SignGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 7, 2011
69 posts
67 upvotes
kanewtz wrote: It was $729 for the 11" iPad Pro Refurb.
Really? Ok maybe I saw only the bigger gb models or with cellular but still u can’t beat the bigger 12.9 displacement , there is no replacement for displacement lol Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jul 17, 2007
721 posts
1541 upvotes
Milton,ON
Got one thanks op the money I have saved in gas, eating lunch everyday at home and quit smoking I have saved enough
Your signature will appear like this in posts
Jul 17, 2007
721 posts
1541 upvotes
Milton,ON
Does anyone know if the second gen apple pencil works with this device?
Your signature will appear like this in posts

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)