• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2018 9:54 am
[OP]
Dec 24, 2011
128 posts
94 upvotes
TORONTO, Canada

AppleCare with new iPhone at Costco?

Hi. I purchased an iPhone 8 Plus from Costco in Vancouver yesterday. I bought AppleCare at the time. At checkout, I got no physical AppleCare product and no AppleCare information provided, other than that one line on my receipt from the Costco mobile stand. I activated the phone by the hot dog stand and checked my AppleCare coverage - it was not showing up on Apple serial number check. So I went back after checkout and asked where my AppleCare info was, for the product I had just purchased, and the salesperson said it will “take a while to activate” and showed me the one line on my receipt again, which is just a line saying AppleCare.

Is this normal? Will AppleCare magically start working and activate on my phone in a day or so?
2 replies
Sep 27, 2003
9261 posts
2114 upvotes
Newmarket
Usually the system (carrier or POS) generates an AppleCare certificate. Not saying that didn't happen here, but you are likely fine. Just wait a few days, check online to confirm coverage. It is not instant.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2003
13962 posts
1605 upvotes
Toronto
I have only purchased AppleCare+ from Apple's online store and purchase confirmation is emailed within a few minutes. The Proof of Coverage is sent via email the next day.

Is the AppleCare fee paid monthly or as a lump sum?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)