Shopping Discussion

Appliances Purchase black Friday, delivery 6 months later?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 5:16 pm
[OP]
Dec 17, 2013
635 posts
311 upvotes
CALGARY

Appliances Purchase black Friday, delivery 6 months later?

Hello, our new place will be ready in 6 months. Can I purchase appliances this black Friday and get them delivered once I move into new place? Is there any retailer that does that?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
2339 posts
926 upvotes
Vancouver
Except for Lowe’s.
Feb 19, 2017
254 posts
132 upvotes
Its possible but depends on how much/what you're buying. If you are buying doorcrasher (or clearance) items, they have the stock there and wouldn't likely be willing to hold the item for 6 months for you. If you are buying something thats "special order" then they might be more willing. Also it might depend on whether or not the item you're buying will still be a "stock" item in 6 months or if that item will be replaced. Bottom line, the best answer is just go and ask. Maybe even ask in advance at the store(s) you wish to buy anything (say as soon as the flyers are "leaked").

Just note that some appliances will actually end up cheaper in 6 months vs BF because 6 months from now is generally when next years models will be released so there will be some clearance "deals" then.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1401 posts
741 upvotes
Paigne wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:14 am
Its possible but depends on how much/what you're buying. If you are buying doorcrasher (or clearance) items, they have the stock there and wouldn't likely be willing to hold the item for 6 months for you. If you are buying something thats "special order" then they might be more willing. Also it might depend on whether or not the item you're buying will still be a "stock" item in 6 months or if that item will be replaced. Bottom line, the best answer is just go and ask. Maybe even ask in advance at the store(s) you wish to buy anything (say as soon as the flyers are "leaked").

Just note that some appliances will actually end up cheaper in 6 months vs BF because 6 months from now is generally when next years models will be released so there will be some clearance "deals" then.
This.

NEW Appliances come out Spring & Fall

With the Las Vegas CES - Consumer Electronics & Technology Showcase in January being the annual unveiling for what's in the works

Spring - Is when NEW Refrigerators roll out (look for deals on past models / floor demos)
Fall - For everything else (again, look for deals on past models / floor demos)

For more info check out this link
https://www.moneycrashers.com/best-time ... ppliances/

Or Google for Consumer Reports Buying Guides for each appliance, like this one on Refrigerators
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/ref ... -guide.htm
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4576 posts
150 upvotes
Ottawa
I don’t think appliances come out as often as iPhones though. Eg. The model of ranges and fridges that I’m looking at are all over 2-3 years old.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
12069 posts
1887 upvotes
London
Too much risk for that long, Maybe it might be ok for a 2-3 week delay. Imagine if you bought from Sears 5 months ago and had been expecting delivery next month.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4728 posts
2305 upvotes
Edmonton
We did it at Lowes, to hold it for 2 months. Not sure if they'd go longer than that. After that, we had it delivered to my in-laws place, where they sat in the garage for a few months till our reno's were to the point that we could put appliances in the house.

C
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
2694 posts
166 upvotes
6 months? I’d expect a storage fee
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide