Students

Applying to a different university with just high school grades

[OP]
Jul 28, 2018
2 posts

Applying to a different university with just high school grades

I went to university for 2 years, after high school. l got academic warning the first year fked up again and got removed from the program eof second year. I started doing well near the end, but was too late.

I want to apply to a different university now. The university I especially want to apply clearly says you must be in good standing in your previous post-sec institution. So I obv don't want to show my prev transcript, and just apply with high school grades.

What is the best way to proceed with this??
3 replies
Nov 9, 2011
461 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can apply using just high school grades as a mature student. My understanding is that you must submit ALL transcripts.

Your best way in is probably to enrol in continuing education for a semester or two at the new school (earn high marks) and hope to get accepted and credit transferred the following year.
Jul 29, 2007
458 posts
135 upvotes
North America
What degree are you trying to go for? Have you thought about going to a community college to get your grades up and transfer back into the university? Most programs are available at a community college and it ladders that two-year program into the final two years of university. This way, you get to save some $ as well, since college is generally cheaper than the university.

If worst comes to worst, pick up your grades and try another school, if none in your area will accept you, there are many in the USA that will. If your program is not a professional program or a program that leads to licensure, then doing an online program from one of the Regionally Accredited institutions will be cheap/easy/fast and better.
Best RFD Purchases: Flight Deals, Cell/Laptops/Tablets, Clothing/Shoes.
Thanks to RFD for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Jul 31, 2017
316 posts
83 upvotes
MasterOfNone456 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2018 1:19 pm
I went to university for 2 years, after high school. l got academic warning the first year fked up again and got removed from the program eof second year. I started doing well near the end, but was too late.

I want to apply to a different university now. The university I especially want to apply clearly says you must be in good standing in your previous post-sec institution. So I obv don't want to show my prev transcript, and just apply with high school grades.

What is the best way to proceed with this??

They can, and most likely will, find out about your previous university study. When they do they can, and likely will, kick you out for falsifying your application.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)