Expired Hot Deals

[AppSumo] Simvoly - Drag & Drop Website Builder ($49 Fixed Price)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 9:40 am
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3900 posts
427 upvotes
djpr wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:02 pm
Your question is probably is if they give you FTP access, which is unlikely.
How would ftp access help? You still need their editor to edit, unless you do everything manually which doesn't make sense since everything else is coded using their editor
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1268 posts
243 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:07 pm
How would ftp access help? You still need their editor to edit, unless you do everything manually which doesn't make sense since everything else is coded using their editor
The only reason FTP access is good is that you get access to the files so you can transfer it to another host if they go under. Most likely they won't give you access to that. Their editor is probably setup in html, css and php. So you don't need their editor if you have knowledge in coding.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3900 posts
427 upvotes
djpr wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:10 pm
The only reason FTP access is good is that you get access to the files so you can transfer it to another host if they go under. Most likely they won't give you access to that. Their editor is probably setup in html, css and php. So you don't need their editor if you have knowledge in coding.
So basically your website is toast if they go under since they probably don't give ftp access.. Also, even with all the files, obviously you can edit manually, but is it even realistic to maintain a site that was designed in their editor, but without their editor?
Mar 13, 2012
430 posts
89 upvotes
Near You
Inb4 Simvoly goes down next month and everyone is out 50$.

Remember, it's the provider's lifetime, not yours.
American Express (Free First-Class Travel)
Tangerine (Free Daily Banking)
PayTM (Fee-Free Payments)
Jul 25, 2017
153 posts
42 upvotes
apparently this includes ".com" hosting too.
What are the benefits if I subscribe yearly?
With the yearly subscription you will get around 30% off of the month-to-month subscription price and you will be eligible for a custom domain name for FREE for the first year.
Jul 25, 2017
153 posts
42 upvotes
mistytalon wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:04 pm
Inb4 Simvoly goes down next month and everyone is out 50$.

Remember, it's the provider's lifetime, not yours.
correct
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7401 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
The website name you get is tied in to your email addy - is there a way to change that?

Also - The tip shown below by RFD'er dojon given to pay $37.50 USD was amazing. Thanks, dojon!! You've been thanked, too, OP!! Great find!
dojon wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:26 am
I saw that you can get credits on the cheap for Appsumo, so I bought a free product from the site and was offered $25 (up to 3x) for $18.75. Got two ($50) and so the deal was only $37.50 (with $1 remaining on my account for a future use).

Edit: example of one of their many free products:
https://appsumo.com/130-ways-get-traffic/
Dec 13, 2012
580 posts
140 upvotes
TORONTO
I've bought numerous lifetime deals on Appsumo over the past few years and some of them have been fantastic value. As far as I know, only one company that offered a lifetime deal on Appsumo have had their services shut down (in this case it was Verse, another publishing platform and reason being that they were bought out by Dropbox). With Verse closing shop, Appsumo ended up refunding money to buyers via credits.
Last edited by lbmeyer on Jan 9th, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7401 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
lbmeyer wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:30 pm
I've bought numerous lifetime deals on Appsumo over the past few years and some of them have been fantastic value. As far as I know, all but one company that offered a lifetime deal on Appsumo have had their services shut down (in this case it was Verse, another publishing platform and reason being that they were bought out by Dropbox). With Verse closing shop, Appsumo ended up refunding money to buyers via credits.
All but one?? That doesn't bode well for this, but even if a person got several months out of it, is still a great deal.

Edited: Phew, lbmeyer confirmed they meant only one! Even then Appsumo provided credits to their clients who had purchased Verse, which closed shop.
Last edited by jory29 on Jan 9th, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2012
580 posts
140 upvotes
TORONTO
jory29 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:36 pm
All but one?? That doesn't bode well for this, but even if a person got several months out of it, is still a great deal.
changed post to read "only one". Mistake with way I phrased it.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2013
42 posts
80 upvotes
Thunder Bay
lbmeyer wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:30 pm
I've bought numerous lifetime deals on Appsumo over the past few years and some of them have been fantastic value. As far as I know, only one company that offered a lifetime deal on Appsumo have had their services shut down (in this case it was Verse, another publishing platform and reason being that they were bought out by Dropbox). With Verse closing shop, Appsumo ended up refunding money to buyers via credits.
That's great to hear, glad there's more value to this deal.
Mar 2, 2017
420 posts
164 upvotes
leg3nd wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:10 pm
correct
This could very well be a start up strategy to fund initial development so they can charge new users once they have a similar feature offering as shopify
its $50....worth the risk in my books.
Jul 25, 2017
153 posts
42 upvotes
wham wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:53 pm
Is this the same company that was trying to get funded just a year and a half ago? The deal seems like a great one but just an FYI in case they're trying to get a ton of money now before they bottom out...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/simv ... te-builder#/
well could be but there's the 60 days refund policy on Appsumo
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1268 posts
243 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:02 pm
So basically your website is toast if they go under since they probably don't give ftp access.. Also, even with all the files, obviously you can edit manually, but is it even realistic to maintain a site that was designed in their editor, but without their editor?
Yes if you don't have access to the source files and their servers go down your website will be gone. And without their editor you can't easily update your website if you don't know code.

To be honest if you are building a website with their platform you shouldn't expect much. They are okay for a basic website with pictures, but if you get into key features you will be stuck.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)