Expired Hot Deals

[AppSumo] Simvoly - Drag & Drop Website Builder ($49 Fixed Price)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1410 posts
324 upvotes
leg3nd wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:09 pm
apparently this includes ".com" hosting too.
What are the benefits if I subscribe yearly?
With the yearly subscription you will get around 30% off of the month-to-month subscription price and you will be eligible for a custom domain name for FREE for the first year.
I wouldn't buy your domain name with them as after the year they can park it and bump up your renewal to $50 a year. If you don't pay they will park your domain and will have no choice but to pay whatever they tell you.
Nov 29, 2015
261 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can I leverage multiple sites within the one domain on this builder? I.e. create sub-domains etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1146 posts
632 upvotes
condo
iceman2015 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:18 pm
Can I leverage multiple sites within the one domain on this builder? I.e. create sub-domains etc.
Subdomains should be fine, since they'd be part of the primary domain. Just not two different primary domains, unless you were to buy this deal/offer twice, if my understanding is correct...
Mar 2, 2017
515 posts
338 upvotes
djpr wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:14 pm
Yes if you don't have access to the source files and their servers go down your website will be gone. And without their editor you can't easily update your website if you don't know code.

To be honest if you are building a website with their platform you shouldn't expect much. They are okay for a basic website with pictures, but if you get into key features you will be stuck.
Agree this is where i turn to shopify or woocommerce
Jun 17, 2003
585 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
sks8100 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:08 am
Are there any 3rd party integrations?
Not really in the traditional sense, other than the payment processors (Stipe, Braintree, PayPal, 2Checkout). However, their page builder allows custom javascript, which, if you're comfortable with copying and pasting code, can ease some integration tasks, such as a mailchimp signup form, etc. However, see (ii) below...
sks8100 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:08 am
How is this different than beaver builder for Wordpress?
They're similar in one way, and fundamentally different in another.
Like Beaver Builder, you can use visual (e.g. non-code) tools to create visually sophisticated pages with relative ease.
However, Beaver Builder is just a layer on top of Wordpress, which (i) you can install at any web host (and migrate to another one if you're unhappy; vs Simvoly ties the product and the webhosting service together... you can't pick up and move to some other web host); and (ii) Wordpress has a plug-in architecture and there are thousands and thousands of plugins which provide features or integrations or alternative workflows/design solutions for all kinds of common website needs/challenges. While standalone builders like Wix and Simvoly will provide the most common features/solutions, in my experience with these kinds of products, it's important to look at the templates and make sure that all the features and functionality you want are there. If you need to build a site the has different features then they offer out of the box, you'd probably be better off with Wordpress.
May 28, 2012
9902 posts
2075 upvotes
Saskatoon
Moving this back to Hot Deals with admin's approval. Please do not ask for or offer referrals or it will be locked.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7404 posts
1554 upvotes
Edmonton
Mars2012 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 12:04 pm
Moving this back to Hot Deals with admin's approval. Please do not ask for or offer referrals or it will be locked.
Thanks, Mars2012 for putting this back out! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7404 posts
1554 upvotes
Edmonton
890 of these remain, I noted today, Previously there was no count down, AFAIK.
Feb 11, 2013
72 posts
15 upvotes
I tried to register a ".com" domain via chat and was told that they don't do it with appsumo purchases......
Apr 5, 2016
550 posts
960 upvotes
BC
jasonbir wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 7:12 pm
I tried to register a ".com" domain via chat and was told that they don't do it with appsumo purchases......
They're correct, a domain is not included, it never was (see OP), plus you don't want the domain purchase from them anyway.
Koodo $40/6GB + $45/10GB Public Mobile $8/50min Shaw 150 Tangerine Bank
I have provided consulting services to Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido, Telus and Koodo, as well as many major financial institutions in Canada.
Nov 8, 2009
125 posts
37 upvotes
Burlington
Is this dead already? Someone confirm please
[OP]
Banned
Dec 25, 2013
53 posts
103 upvotes
Thunder Bay
leakeyweb wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 10:39 pm
Is this dead already? Someone confirm please
Yes, deal is officially over unfortunately
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2379 posts
342 upvotes
Burlington
They've got a lifetime Planable premium sub for $39. Anyone have experience with Planable?
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).