• Jan 11th, 2018 12:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1009 posts
494 upvotes
condo

AppSumo thread archived from Hot Deals... just wondering why

Simvoly - Drag & Drop Website Builder ($49 Fixed Price)

Can anyone explain why the thread was archived? Did the moderators or admin do this for some apparent reason?
13 replies
Jun 22, 2006
60 posts
9 upvotes
Wondering the same, is the deal questionable or a scam? I was planning on looking into it further. I wish there was clarification, it didn't just disappear
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7402 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
I also wondered, a lot of people had input in it. The deal is still active on that site, and does not appear to be a scam.
May 28, 2012
9796 posts
2003 upvotes
Saskatoon
It was reported and removed due to containing a referral.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1009 posts
494 upvotes
condo
Mars2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:53 pm
I thought the OP's link with the referral was removed and edited?... Could we have the thread back without the referral / affiliate link?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7402 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
Mars2012 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:53 pm
tmonies wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:59 pm
I thought the OP's link with the referral was removed and edited?... Could we have the thread back without the referral / affiliate link?

Thanks, Mars2012 for letting us know. Is it possible to resurrect the thread without the referral/affiliate links? Thanks!!
May 5, 2012
43 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed the deal as I needed to build a new website anyway. Certainly looks legit (thus far).

The UI is super clean and relatively easy to use. A little limited in functionality, it seems, but it looks to be a great tool for simple, good-looking websites. I'm guessing pretty similar to SquareSpace.

My only gripe so far is that I have a looping, 2-second background mp4 on my current site that is not playing nice with the Simvoly build. I'm getting random jumps/glitches - and not at the start/stop of the loop. That said, I've already started a conversation with their live chat team and I'm hoping to figure it out.

In short - the deal went through fine, setup was easy, the interface looks decent, and I think it's a pretty good deal.

I'll report back after learning more.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7402 posts
1552 upvotes
Edmonton
bubbasticky wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 6:22 pm
I grabbed the deal as I needed to build a new website anyway. Certainly looks legit (thus far).

The UI is super clean and relatively easy to use. A little limited in functionality, it seems, but it looks to be a great tool for simple, good-looking websites. I'm guessing pretty similar to SquareSpace.

My only gripe so far is that I have a looping, 2-second background mp4 on my current site that is not playing nice with the Simvoly build. I'm getting random jumps/glitches - and not at the start/stop of the loop. That said, I've already started a conversation with their live chat team and I'm hoping to figure it out.

In short - the deal went through fine, setup was easy, the interface looks decent, and I think it's a pretty good deal.

I'll report back after learning more.
bubbasticky, I wonder if your mp4 has to be converted to another file type. Thanks for reporting back!

Thanks, Mars2012 for checking into getting the thread revived, if possible.
Oct 21, 2013
16 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Me too, saw this at work, and waited to get home to research simvoly further,... all I can find is three forum threads that I do not have access to now. Too bad about the RFD censorship, just trying to get info to make a sound decision,... figured that's one of the benefits of rfd,.. guess we prefer to be regulated by rfd admin trolls!
May 5, 2012
43 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
jory29 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:50 pm
bubbasticky, I wonder if your mp4 has to be converted to another file type. Thanks for reporting back!

Thanks, Mars2012 for checking into getting the thread revived, if possible.
The only way that Simvoly seems to work (specifically for what I'm trying to do here) is to loop a YouTube video. The format hasn't seemed to make a difference. But, their support is trying to help.

I still think it'll be a good deal. The WordPress template that I bought for my current website was like $60.

The deal is still up on the AppsSumo site. Easy to find!
May 28, 2012
9796 posts
2003 upvotes
Saskatoon
I haven't forgotten this thread, still waiting for a reply.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
30910 posts
7643 upvotes
GTHA
chasmchaser wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:19 pm
Me too, saw this at work, and waited to get home to research simvoly further,... all I can find is three forum threads that I do not have access to now. Too bad about the RFD censorship, just trying to get info to make a sound decision,... figured that's one of the benefits of rfd,.. guess we prefer to be regulated by rfd admin trolls!
Idnk, RFD admins are trolls. :lol: