Arca-Swiss compatible tripod

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2017 2:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1081 posts
130 upvotes
In my case 5Dmk3 with 50mm 1.2L and 70D with 18-135mm, no heavy zoom lenses.
Budget - as little as possible, I am happy with my Sherpa 200 tripod except of compatibility with arca swiss QR.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6749 posts
971 upvotes
^In your case, probably should spend the money, even the high end clamps are a fraction of the cost of the camera. ;)

I plan to use it for my mirrorless, roughly a pound with the biggest lens on so a twist tie will hold it in place but I just want something nicer. Lol.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1081 posts
130 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 5:10 pm
^In your case, probably should spend the money, even the high end clamps are a fraction of the cost of the camera. ;)

I plan to use it for my mirrorless, roughly a pound with the biggest lens on so a twist tie will hold it in place but I just want something nicer. Lol.
Thanks, the thing is that I do not frequently use tripod, and hence do not want to invest to much at this time. Velbon Sherpa 200 is very adequate for my current needs.
Anyways, my ebay purchased clamp has arrived and it worked perfectly! The new clamp is mounted to Velbon's plate, and now I can easily mount my cameras to tripod, yay!
Thanks everyone for your help!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6749 posts
971 upvotes
^Can you post photos or listing ?? Thx.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6749 posts
971 upvotes
Sorry to bring this thread back but just wanted to add in case people are looking this up in search.

I got the 3 clamps from Gumptrade.com and the two simple twist locking ones worked great. The metal construction and finish looks and feels good and the twist lock works well.

However, I also go a Manfrotto clone QR clamp from them and that one didn't, site also refused to acknowledge it despite photos and videos showing the defect were provided.

So, Arca-Swiss styles are good, not the other stuff.