PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2019 8:38 am
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3953 posts
704 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 8:15 pm
Retro Pi conversion complete!
Did the same button layout but also added a front dual usb
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3153 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 8:15 pm
Retro Pi conversion complete!
nice job - cant wait to finish the one i am doing on my asteroids cab

would you mind doing me a favour - could you measure the viewing dimenions of the screen on your pacman or galaga cabinet ?

I am curious to see if they are the same as the asteroids one. to me it looks like the the aspect ratio is a little different but would love to have a confirmation from someone who has one.

I am planning on building my own arcade 1up clone from scratch with a vertical screen and would appreciate the info !
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10152 posts
2725 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 12:12 am
nice job - cant wait to finish the one i am doing on my asteroids cab

would you mind doing me a favour - could you measure the viewing dimenions of the screen on your pacman or galaga cabinet ?

I am curious to see if they are the same as the asteroids one. to me it looks like the the aspect ratio is a little different but would love to have a confirmation from someone who has one.

I am planning on building my own arcade 1up clone from scratch with a vertical screen and would appreciate the info !
Dimensions of the screen? Like length and width of the sides? Or the whole screen area?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3153 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 10:10 am
Dimensions of the screen? Like length and width of the sides? Or the whole screen area?
just the length and width of the viewing area on screen.

the street fighter should be the same as the asteroids so it would be 13.25" wide by 10.5" high
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10152 posts
2725 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 10:52 am
just the length and width of the viewing area on screen.

the street fighter should be the same as the asteroids so it would be 13.25" wide by 10.5" high
SF is indeed the same.

Galaga / PacMan 10 1/2 W x13 H
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3153 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 3:28 pm
SF is indeed the same.

Galaga / PacMan 10 1/2 W x13 H
Ok thanks - so same monitor just rotated.

For some reason they look more retangular to me but i guess not
Dec 15, 2008
102 posts
108 upvotes
Did the same button layout with the coin buttons lower, makes it more authentic for sure. How are you powering it? Raspberry Pi?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10152 posts
2725 upvotes
TorontoR wrote:
Jan 20th, 2019 6:28 pm
Did the same button layout with the coin buttons lower, makes it more authentic for sure. How are you powering it? Raspberry Pi?
Yes Pi.

2 other reasons to do the coin buttons down under other than the authentic feel...

1. Easier to drill holes as wood is thinner
2. Additional holes on the deck render the deck protector useless.
Aug 25, 2010
487 posts
96 upvotes
I noticed that at CES Arcade 1up focused on upcoming arcade cabinets, custom risers for 2 gen systems, potential light up marquees for them etc. They seemed to ignore their 1st generation systems. A fellow RFD member posted a picture of a Pacman machine that had a custom riser included but I can’t find any info on this. Anyone know anything about this?

I’ve been looking for a Pacman machine for a while but it’s sold out in the Burlington area. Are they making these still? If not, I’d consider a barcade but I don’t think it comes with Pacman Plus?

Side note ... I’ve been playing Pacman on Namco Museum (Switch) lately and competing on the world board is really fun! But playing with a Pro controller can be frustrating. Does anyone know of a way of using a 4 way arcade stick with the Switch?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3953 posts
704 upvotes
nibbler1 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 12:00 pm
I noticed that at CES Arcade 1up focused on upcoming arcade cabinets, custom risers for 2 gen systems, potential light up marquees for them etc. They seemed to ignore their 1st generation systems. A fellow RFD member posted a picture of a Pacman machine that had a custom riser included but I can’t find any info on this. Anyone know anything about this?

I’ve been looking for a Pacman machine for a while but it’s sold out in the Burlington area. Are they making these still? If not, I’d consider a barcade but I don’t think it comes with Pacman Plus?

Side note ... I’ve been playing Pacman on Namco Museum (Switch) lately and competing on the world board is really fun! But playing with a Pro controller can be frustrating. Does anyone know of a way of using a 4 way arcade stick with the Switch?
Arcade 1up has said they will continue to sell the current machines but haven't said if it will be the same retail channels as now. I posted the pic of the new Pacman package with the included riser which they said would be available but didn't say when and who knows if it will come to Canada.
Jan 14, 2019
19 posts
5 upvotes
nibbler1 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 12:00 pm

I also read that someone who was at CES said that they played the SF2 cabinets there and the audio issue had been fixed, where it was properly set up to the correct channel to have the all the sounds play out of the mono speaker.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10152 posts
2725 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:01 pm
Arcade 1up has said they will continue to sell the current machines but haven't said if it will be the same retail channels as now. I posted the pic of the new Pacman package with the included riser which they said would be available but didn't say when and who knows if it will come to Canada.
Would love to see these units sold properly somewhere with displays and accessories + risers readily available.

It's been such a cluster trying to find the risers or cabinets you want. Prices from $150 CAD to $400 CAD depending on where you live or what you could PM. Crazy way to retail something like this.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3953 posts
704 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 10:36 am
Would love to see these units sold properly somewhere with displays and accessories + risers readily available.

It's been such a cluster trying to find the risers or cabinets you want. Prices from $150 CAD to $400 CAD depending on where you live or what you could PM. Crazy way to retail something like this.
Problem we have here is we have no retailers unlike the US that have several stores to sell these. Besides Walmart we have what best buy? If best buy does carry them I suspect it will be online only.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10152 posts
2725 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 11:21 am
Problem we have here is we have no retailers unlike the US that have several stores to sell these. Besides Walmart we have what best buy? If best buy does carry them I suspect it will be online only.
I think Best Buy is the ideal place to have an "arcade 1up experience" area.

Given how poor the Canadian distributor is though - it will sadly never happen. At this point we will be lucky to see a restock of risers before July 1.