PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
BernardRyder wrote: Dumb question: if you play 2 player, does the screen flip upside down for player 2? I never played one of these back in the day with a second player. Oh and same for SF2, how the heck does that work?
I recall it flips for player 2. For SF2, no idea unless the screen is split in the middle?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
Sf2 the screen is split. It makes the screen for each player rather small.
Jul 16, 2018
54 posts
13 upvotes
Hey, I'm moving in a couple weeks to a house with my dream basement and so to be man cave!

I would love to grab one of these, but I haven't quite convinced myself it's worth the full price.

If anyone knows where I can grab a SF, MK2, or Golden Tee machine for a good price, I would GREATLY appreciate it
Jun 6, 2018
347 posts
455 upvotes
Has anyone ordered a cabinet off of london drugs? Is there extra shipping added on? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
captainjay09 wrote: Has anyone ordered a cabinet off of london drugs? Is there extra shipping added on? Thanks
You'd have to do a search in the thread for specifics but LD does add shipping. Actually the Hot Deals had a recent thread where people were saying the shipping on the sale price at LD killed the deal, I think it added another $150 to the total. Why don't you go through the process to see how much it is, most retail sites give a shipping estimate before you click through to pay.
c'mon get happy!
Jun 6, 2018
347 posts
455 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: You'd have to do a search in the thread for specifics but LD does add shipping. Actually the Hot Deals had a recent thread where people were saying the shipping on the sale price at LD killed the deal, I think it added another $150 to the total. Why don't you go through the process to see how much it is, most retail sites give a shipping estimate before you click through to pay.
The check out says free shipping, that's why I was asking if they added extra shipping on later. Cause with added shipping cost not really worth it
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
captainjay09 wrote: The check out says free shipping, that's why I was asking if they added extra shipping on later. Cause with added shipping cost not really worth it
Well that is possible, maybe you're in an area where they ship directly from? I think there were some people in the thread who were charged very little for shipping. Are you out West by any chance?

EDIT: here's the thread I remember
london-drugs-arcade1up-street-fighter-c ... g-2369860/
One person from the GTA was complaining it was $132 for shipping, but someone else in the thread said you could pick up yourself for $70. Pickup was in Mississauga.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
zoso454 wrote: Has anyone seen cocktail machines in-store?
On-line only. I think the only stores I have seen Arcade 1ups in are Canada Computers and Walmart in small numbers.

AnthonyM170 wrote: If anyone knows where I can grab a SF, MK2, or Golden Tee machine for a good price, I would GREATLY appreciate it
If you live in the GTA - Auctionmaxx has had great deals from time to time. The Brick has $50 off certain cabs from time to time. I have seen used ones on Kijiji also.

They are fun machines, highly recommend.
May 28, 2010
103 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I got two cabs from London Drugs, free ship to Ontario
May 28, 2010
103 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
captainjay09 wrote: Has anyone ordered a cabinet off of london drugs? Is there extra shipping added on? Thanks
Freeship for me to Ontario, two separate cab orders.
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
I managed to pick up an MK and Marvel cabinet from Walmart last month for $300 each (thanks to StockTrack).
I'm now ready to start modding one of them...most likely the Marvel cabinet with MAME. Every video I've seen online on where to order the parts (buttons, joysticks, lcd boards, etc) from are on Amazon.com or ebay...and with the exchange rate, plus the delays in shipping is kind of a deal breaker for me.

My two questions:
1. Have any of you modded the Marvel cabinet yet? If yes, where did you source your parts from? (I'm aware of the videos posted from ETAPrime and his Arcade1up mods)
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a canadian site where I can order the parts needed?

thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
pesttt wrote: I managed to pick up an MK and Marvel cabinet from Walmart last month for $300 each (thanks to StockTrack).
I'm now ready to start modding one of them...most likely the Marvel cabinet with MAME. Every video I've seen online on where to order the parts (buttons, joysticks, lcd boards, etc) from are on Amazon.com or ebay...and with the exchange rate, plus the delays in shipping is kind of a deal breaker for me.

My two questions:
1. Have any of you modded the Marvel cabinet yet? If yes, where did you source your parts from? (I'm aware of the videos posted from ETAPrime and his Arcade1up mods)
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a canadian site where I can order the parts needed?

thanks!
Doesn't the Marvel cabinet come with Sanwa hardware already? I'm not saying you can't do better of course, but you could save a few bucks and not have to invest in that part at least. Unless of course you can't get them to work with a new board.
c'mon get happy!
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
BernardRyder wrote: Doesn't the Marvel cabinet come with Sanwa hardware already? I'm not saying you can't do better of course, but you could save a few bucks and not have to invest in that part at least. Unless of course you can't get them to work with a new board.
i thought it did too...but the Marvel Limited Edition (sold at the brick https://www.thebrick.com/products/arcad ... with-riser comes with the upgraded joysticks, lighted marquee, etc.
The one from Walmart is the Marvel Special Edition...not the same unfortunately
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
pesttt wrote: I managed to pick up an MK and Marvel cabinet from Walmart last month for $300 each (thanks to StockTrack).

My two questions:

thanks!
I haven't done it myself but I was researching it. You can get a Video Converter Board and USB Encoder on Amazon.ca

The article I read said to open it up to make sure what monitor you have and search the serial number to get the right one.

Also the new joysticks on the regular cab are supposed to be sanwa clones and people say they are huge improvements to the first gen and some prefer them to the sanwa buttons on the limited edition because they liked the indent vs the round buttons.
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
Asoul wrote: I haven't done it myself but I was researching it. You can get a Video Converter Board and USB Encoder on Amazon.ca

The article I read said to open it up to make sure what monitor you have and search the serial number to get the right one.

Also the new joysticks on the regular cab are supposed to be sanwa clones and people say they are huge improvements to the first gen and some prefer them to the sanwa buttons on the limited edition because they liked the indent vs the round buttons.
I just ordered a video board, an audio amp and a PI3 from amazon. Shipping says by June 21...which will probably take longer.
I'll try and give an update as I progress
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2705 posts
1197 upvotes
Calgary
pesttt wrote: I just ordered a video board, an audio amp and a PI3 from amazon. Shipping says by June 21...which will probably take longer.
I'll try and give an update as I progress
Did you order a USB Encoder? You need it to hook up the joystick and buttons to the PI3.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
New cabinets being unveiled today. 4PM PST.

Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: New cabinets being unveiled today. 4PM PST.

2nd looks like pinball, last one has a rifle I think.
c'mon get happy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)