PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 6:00 am
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1079 posts
1007 upvotes
swales wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 5:32 pm
Some Walmart stores can be so weird, one store around me has had two Centipedes cabs since the day they launched and I would keep checking to see if they would go on sale but never have so I was shocked today when they were gone. I asked the guy in electronics if they reduced the price and sold them and he said nope, they weren't selling so the manager had them assembled and put them in the break room so they could be played. Seriously? If they dropped the price by at least $100 someone would of bought them but instead they're getting no money for them. I asked to buy one of the now demo units and they refused.
Hunh, that is weird. I mean just sell one unit at discount at least, but both of them in a break room? For employees to use on break? And potentially skip out on being on the floor working?
Manager is either really dumb, or doesn't care much for his job. Now I'm tempted to check my local store.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10167 posts
2737 upvotes
Jackalope wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 7:30 am
Auctiomaxx in Toronto still has 8 Pacman cabs left at $200 each.
https://www.auctionmaxx.com/Listing/Det ... RCADE-GAME
It's a great deal and it's usually sold out in Walmart.ca who can't seem to stock anything properly.

A guy on the A1U Canada Facebook site bought one from Auctionmaxx. No issues, worked and looked fine.

Galaga machines sold out quickly though.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10167 posts
2737 upvotes
Miketheman109 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 8:59 pm
I'm bummed I wasn't able to make it to Parry Sound in time to get Street Fighter for 200 :( I have the next week off of work, hoping a sweet deal will pop up so I can use the time off to start modding!
Lots of SF cabs floating around. You will find one eventually. I have seen some second hand ones on Kijiji also, worth considering.
Jan 14, 2019
19 posts
5 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 2:43 pm
Lots of SF cabs floating around. You will find one eventually. I have seen some second hand ones on Kijiji also, worth considering.
Thanks, yeah I think 200-250 is my limit for this, but I will stay patient and keep an eye on this post!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3960 posts
704 upvotes
Miketheman109 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2019 3:40 pm
Thanks, yeah I think 200-250 is my limit for this, but I will stay patient and keep an eye on this post!
Just keep an eye out, paid $150 at Walmart for mine
Aug 25, 2010
487 posts
96 upvotes
How do you guys keep the joystick ball from twisting off?
Nov 19, 2009
56 posts
12 upvotes
nibbler1 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 8:49 am
How do you guys keep the joystick ball from twisting off?

Look at the joystick, you'll see there's a flathead at the end of the joystick. You will need to take the control deck out, take the cover off, get a flathead screwdriver to hold the joystick and hand tighten the ball in place.

YT video here:

That did the trick for me.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10391 posts
588 upvotes
Mississauga
I found an old bat top from an advantage joystick I had laying around. I couldn't believe how much better it felt playing.
Aug 25, 2010
487 posts
96 upvotes
Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe when my machine doesn’t feel so new I’ll open it up.

Is Walmart.ca restocking the riser randomly? Or is it impossible to find at this point? Also, how easy is it to take on and off? I’d like to have it on, but my 3.5 year old would need it off to play it.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10167 posts
2737 upvotes
nibbler1 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:02 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe when my machine doesn’t feel so new I’ll open it up.

Is Walmart.ca restocking the riser randomly? Or is it impossible to find at this point? Also, how easy is it to take on and off? I’d like to have it on, but my 3.5 year old would need it off to play it.
You can just pick it up and put it on or take it off. It just sits on top unless you bolt it on (optional)

Product in Canada is sparse and the company's distributor here does not reply to questions. If you really want one I would drive to Buffalo or your closest US Walmart. Alternatively have one built - my neighbor made a nice one with about $20-25 of materials.
Nov 19, 2009
56 posts
12 upvotes
nibbler1 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:02 pm

Buddy of mine ordered from USA walmart website and had it shipped to cross border pick-up. I dont know what is the total cost, but I assume it'd be cheaper?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3960 posts
704 upvotes
Canuck_2k wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 7:08 pm
Buddy of mine ordered from USA walmart website and had it shipped to cross border pick-up. I dont know what is the total cost, but I assume it'd be cheaper?
By a bit, you still have to factor in US tax, Cdn Tax, exchange rate, toll (depending on crossing) and gas depending on how far you are from the border but you will get one unlike here. I wish someone near me would go grab a few and sell for a reasonable price as I'm willing to pay for the convenience of not having to go myself.
Nov 19, 2009
56 posts
12 upvotes
swales wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 7:29 pm
By a bit, you still have to factor in US tax, Cdn Tax, exchange rate, toll (depending on crossing) and gas depending on how far you are from the border but you will get one unlike here. I wish someone near me would go grab a few and sell for a reasonable price as I'm willing to pay for the convenience of not having to go myself.
I see my buddy this weekend and I will ask him what he paid for it altogether including the cross-border pick up fees.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4935 posts
1218 upvotes
Canuck_2k wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 7:08 pm
OMG I have a CBP account, TOTALLY did not think of this!! I know some stores in the US were selling the risers for $20 on clearance, but I don't know if the website ever hit that price.

I guess after conversion, tax, duties, and CBP charge, it may come out to be the same.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*