PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 8:11 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9834 posts
2487 upvotes
Xevious70 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 5:59 pm
The 12 in 1 was $325. It was "New" on the listing. Box was in pretty good shape no signs of it being opened. Considering how much the risers go for i thought it was an ok deal.

Looking back i overpaid for Galaga - $295 back in February - i didnt think too many more would be available. But it was literally new upon opening. Just have to get a deck protector.
Great deal on the 12-1. Would grab one for that.

$295 isn't bad, still cheaper after time, gas and FX vs. getting it in Buffalo for $199 USD.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9834 posts
2487 upvotes
hill15 wrote:
Apr 30th, 2019 10:43 am
I agree with you, not a bad deal for the hassle someone has to go through.
Also - these are sold out in a lot of areas already.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10352 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
RedPlanet lists ToysRus and HomeDepot as partners, and HomeDepot in the USA carry them, so perhaps HomeDepot in Canada will pick up the slack. Walmart in Canada is a failure anyways -- never seemed to ever have the risers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9834 posts
2487 upvotes
Canuck_2k wrote:
May 1st, 2019 9:35 pm
Welp....

Walmart Canada is no longer selling Arcade1up.

Link here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comm ... p_anymore/

so disappointed!!! I was looking forward to getting MK2 and Final Fight!
Just as an FYI - this can be explained and could all change.

Red Planet no longer lists Arcade 1up as one of the brands they distribute which could mean 2 things.

1. A new distributor is being sought
2. Tastemakers in the U.S. may just take over Canada distribution in the coming weeks.

Things seem bad now but perhaps we may get some good news coming soon.

I think if you really want a particular Arcade 1up - drive to your nearest border town Walmart and get it there. It is what it is.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3927 posts
691 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
May 1st, 2019 10:48 pm
RedPlanet lists ToysRus and HomeDepot as partners, and HomeDepot in the USA carry them, so perhaps HomeDepot in Canada will pick up the slack. Walmart in Canada is a failure anyways -- never seemed to ever have the risers.
I find Home Depot an odd choice, it's not the first or last place you think of when you think of buying an arcade machine. Also in the US they're not even keeping stock, when you order from them it ships directly from 1up
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3927 posts
691 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 1:49 pm

Red Planet no longer lists Arcade 1up as one of the brands they distribute which could mean 2 things.

2. Tastemakers in the U.S. may just take over Canada distribution in the coming weeks.

I think if you really want a particular Arcade 1up - drive to your nearest border town Walmart and get it there. It is what it is.
I think the only option we have is Tastemakers taking over distribution and selling directly as Walmart is our biggest retailer and if they can't sell them (at the discounted price they demanded, remember Tastemakers wanted to sell for $499) then there's not really many options. TRU is testing the waters but I doubt that's going to continue even if they do sell at Walmarts discounted price as the $399 price point is one of the issues, maybe MK will sell at that but the rest aren't flying off the shelves at that pricing.
Jun 16, 2009
960 posts
852 upvotes
swales wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 3:51 pm
I find Home Depot an odd choice, it's not the first or last place you think of when you think of buying an arcade machine. Also in the US they're not even keeping stock, when you order from them it ships directly from 1up
Home Depot carries interesting electronics around Christmas. Years ago I remember them the clearing out RC drones and trucks during Boxing week. Its not something completely far-fetched.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
May 31, 2008
29 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
kool1 wrote:

Where did you see this ?
Because I still see them listed on RedPlanet website
https://www.redpg.com/products

I did email them yesterday asking about the new units. But have yet to hear back from them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9834 posts
2487 upvotes
yellow98gt wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 10:23 pm
Where did you see this ?
Because I still see them listed on RedPlanet website
https://www.redpg.com/products

I did email them yesterday asking about the new units. But have yet to hear back from them.
That's wierd. They were gone a couple of days ago. It's a discussion on the Facebook fan site.

That said - they have done nothing since Christmas. May as well be out.
May 31, 2008
29 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like the clearance sales are already starting on the Mortal Kombat

Now that's a fair price!
Images
  • Screenshot_20190503_112743_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10352 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
swales wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 3:51 pm
Home Depot in Canada is boring, but the Home Depot in the USA is trying to stay relevant and their site is trying to compete with the likes of Amazon etc. The new countercades, for instance, were first available on HomeDepot.com and is the only place to get them in your hands right now.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10352 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
kool1 wrote:

It would be nice if that was true. There is a lot more arcade1up offerings in the pipeline, from all sorts of different products like the bar stools etc. Easy market and money for a real distributor to tap into. Red Planet proved how sloppy a job they could do, if you just look at the availability of the risers. Were they ever really available through them, despite what the walmart website suggested?
Jan 14, 2019
19 posts
5 upvotes
Well after a couple months of patience, finally snagged myself a Street Fighter machine for a decent price. Couple quick noob questions:

1) I have seen there are audio issues with the left and right channel not properly playing in MONO, but I've seen that you can solder a spot on the PCB board to fix this? I have a soldering iron, but only basic hobby skills, has anyone here done this fix for the audio, is it a simple job or is it easy to screw up?

2) I've also seen that most people recommend switching out the Joysticks and buttons for better quality, is there a certain one you guys would recommend, something that can pretty much just be swapped right in with little extra work?

3) I saw that you can get overlay protectors for the control deck, I guess I missed the deadline to get one for free, but they can still be ordered right? Or if anyone in the GTA has an extra Street Fighter protector, I would buy it off them.

4) Are the risers still really hard to get a hold of?

Thanks for any answers, looking forward to putting this thing together and playing it all weekend!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9834 posts
2487 upvotes
Miketheman109 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019 2:09 pm
Well after a couple months of patience, finally snagged myself a Street Fighter machine for a decent price. Couple quick noob questions:

1) I have seen there are audio issues with the left and right channel not properly playing in MONO, but I've seen that you can solder a spot on the PCB board to fix this? I have a soldering iron, but only basic hobby skills, has anyone here done this fix for the audio, is it a simple job or is it easy to screw up?

2) I've also seen that most people recommend switching out the Joysticks and buttons for better quality, is there a certain one you guys would recommend, something that can pretty much just be swapped right in with little extra work?

3) I saw that you can get overlay protectors for the control deck, I guess I missed the deadline to get one for free, but they can still be ordered right? Or if anyone in the GTA has an extra Street Fighter protector, I would buy it off them.

4) Are the risers still really hard to get a hold of?

Thanks for any answers, looking forward to putting this thing together and playing it all weekend!
Risers have never been restocked in Canada. Ridiculous.

Deck protectors you have to buy now. Only free until March.

I switched out the sticks on my SF unit. Much better.