PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
The monitor has a 5:4 ratio. The original machines had 4:3.
Jan 7, 2017
141 posts
149 upvotes
Ontario
this product looks a bit ridiculous to me. good on op for spotting the preorder but the size of these things is bizarre! and for the money you'd be better off building your own from a discarded arcade cabinet.

Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
They're meant to be played sitting down. Unless you're a little person, then I would envy you.

There is reportedly a Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet coming but that's probably just a proof of concept at this point. There are talks of a 4-player or 2-player Konami cabinet: X-Men, Simpsons and TMNT.

If they made a full-sized Neo Geo one I would bite but I'd have to be able to put my own single board mini pc in it (ODROID or Pi) because I can't be limited to a handful of games.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
I wish I had the tools, the time and the talent to build that! It's pretty costly to get quality parts, art, etc. in Canada. I just went with the X-Arcade Tankstick because it was on amazon. Ca for $200 and I didn't have to pay for shipping, taxes or import fees. It was sorta broken though (the 1st player stick was put in crooked) and their customer support is useless! Confused Face

It's useable but I can't get the trackball games to work properly and the joystick support is all screwed up in the latest RetroPie... it could just be my config files but it won't let me set the controls for the 2nd player and I have to hold down every main button to skip inputting a control during controller mapping. Unamused Face
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1367 posts
2072 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, if it takes "10 months" to build a cabinet then it better be worth it. I discover that some of these big items end up sitting in a corner of the house ever since my friends and family started getting out more. It was nice to show off but it will eventually become a thing of the past at some point. It's only more of a collectible when a well built cabinet is not crammed with so many emulators and games like ready available joysticks and front-end software (ex. X-Arcade Tankstick, RetroPie, RecalBox, Lakka, Attract Mode, Hyperspin, etc...). I am focusing on adding billiards, claw/crane machine, virtual golf with projection screen, and anything else but more arcade cabinets.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
1439 posts
52 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: The SF one looks different from the arcade1up page.

Is it a exclusive variant to bed Bath and Beyond or website error?

The riser also looks different.
Interesting that Bed, Bath and Beyond shows different games as well; Street Fighter II, Ghosts' N Goblins, Final Fight, and Strider.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
3055 posts
90 upvotes

There is a Joystick on the Asteroids Cabinet, Strange. *Edit Pic Source has been changed to no joystick.

But in this pic it has the spinny wheel thingy, which would be great for Tempest.
Last edited by Carpe Diem on Aug 22nd, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seize the Day!
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
STIGUY wrote: The riser also looks different.
Also more expensive. Walmart US 39.99 BB&B Canada $99.99
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1448 posts
1792 upvotes
Alright here’s what we know so far from this video

Controllers use the ribbon that connects to the GPIO. I think that’s a good thing since the Pi has a GPIO as well but this is way outside of my area of expertise.

Monitor plugs in using pins (probably not ideal)
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
Stock R wrote: I'm seriously considering one of these to play with and maybe manually modify to support a pandoras box.

Time and effort to start from scratch is too much but to would be close enough.
You checked whether a pandora's box will fit in this tiny cabinet?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
Totoriko wrote: You checked whether a pandora's box will fit in this tiny cabinet?
My game plan would be:
-buy pandora's arcade cabinet kit from china
-use existing pieces for templates
-cut new monitor panel (should fit 19")
-cut new joystick panel
-wire up for pandora's install

I really don't want to start from scratch. This is more like an 80% solution. Plus, it's also to play with young kids so the size is perfect.

I'd buy the MDF kits but they are all bartop style.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
Stock R wrote: I'm seriously considering one of these to play with and maybe manually modify to support a pandoras box.

Time and effort to start from scratch is too much but to would be close enough.

You can get a pandoras box jamma board for about $50 and connect it to arcade1up control panel's buttons. The problem will be connecting anything to the monitor. According to monitor specs is connects with a 30pin LVDS cable?
edit: Looks like it is possible to use a driver kit to allow hookup external HDMI/VGA to the M170ETN01.1 monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
zoso454 wrote: You can get a pandoras box jamma board for about $50 and connect it to arcade1up control panel's buttons. The problem will be connecting anything to the monitor. According to monitor specs is connects with a 30pin LVDS cable?
edit: Looks like it is possible to use a driver kit to allow hookup external HDMI/VGA to the M170ETN01.1 monitor.
Nice researching. I can handle that idea!

Now I'm torn. I want the rampage cabinet for my kids (young) to mess around on but the street fighter unit is clearly better for overall usage...

I don't think Mrs will let me buy both.