PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 8:11 pm
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 10:45 pm
i will certainly let you know once i see them
dchabby wrote:
Jun 7th, 2019 10:45 pm

i will certainly let you know once i see them
Let me know!
swales wrote:
Jun 8th, 2019 11:13 pm
I have a brand new still sealed centipede protector if you're interested
PM sent
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
Did anyone here realize that Arcade 1Up will have a competitor soon?
Press release

Hype

AtGames, the makers of failures such as the previous crappy Sega Genesis mini console, is going to release an arcade cabinet with a ton of promises. It has 350 games, will support network play, cloud gaming, BT accessories, even a light gun add-on. They are going to show it off at E3.
I'm pretty skeptical. I can see them overpromising on their product's abilities, dropping support quickly, including a ton of terrible console ports of games instead of the arcade version, and delivering a faulty and buggy product.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9830 posts
2485 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 8:41 pm
Did anyone here realize that Arcade 1Up will have a competitor soon?
Press release

Hype

AtGames, the makers of failures such as the previous crappy Sega Genesis mini console, is going to release an arcade cabinet with a ton of promises. It has 350 games, will support network play, cloud gaming, BT accessories, even a light gun add-on. They are going to show it off at E3.
I'm pretty skeptical. I can see them overpromising on their product's abilities, dropping support quickly, including a ton of terrible console ports of games instead of the arcade version, and delivering a faulty and buggy product.
Looks very good. I have seen videos.
Jan 30, 2010
609 posts
282 upvotes
North Battleford
Pacman and street fighter cocktail cabinets coming in the fall. Price is $500us.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10350 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
kool1 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2019 9:56 pm
Looks very good. I have seen videos.
I'm not good with names. But you remember that geeky looking guy who man's the Arcade 1UP booths (he is in all the E3 and CES videos). He is actually very technical and is instrumental in the arcade 1up community. He actually quit and moved to ATGAMES. With that said, I'm sure he's going to push ATGAMES to pick up their game and deliver something better then their usual crap.

Here is a latest video that just got released:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6465 posts
2334 upvotes
Canada
Not interested in 1 off multicades ... I think that's what makes the 1ups a bit more special ... you can create a mini arcade with various artworks and such. Not like multi-cades are anything new.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10350 posts
562 upvotes
Mississauga
Arcade 1up revealed a star wars cabinet with x-wing pilot controller.
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 3:41 pm
Wow, looks nice. Not holding my breath it will ever come here, or go on clearance if it does.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1052 posts
1757 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
$500 USD....maybe $650 CDN.
Jan 14, 2019
19 posts
5 upvotes
zoso454 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 6:19 pm
Pacman and street fighter cocktail cabinets coming in the fall. Price is $500us.
Street Fighter cocktail cab also has a lot more games then the SF2 Machine that's already out. The game list is:

Street Fighter

Street Fighter II: World Warrior

Street Fighter II: Championship Edition

Street Fighter II: Turbo Edition

Super Street Fighter II: New Challengers

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Darkstalkers

Final Fight

1944: The Loop Master

Ghosts’N Goblins

Strider

Commando

I'm really hoping they can release a PCB of this version that is compatible with the regular stand up machines so I can swap out the Street Fighter I have now.
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Upon taking a closer look at the pics, it looks like the control board with the flight stick is angled much higher. And I'm not sure, but the finish on the board doesn't look glossy or smooth but seems like a rougher finish to me. Could be my eyes.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9830 posts
2485 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
I will drive to the ends of the galaxy to get one of these.

If they don't come to Canada I'm roadtripping to Buffalo to get one. Best 1up cabinet yet!

dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 12:15 pm
I'm not good with names. But you remember that geeky looking guy who man's the Arcade 1UP booths (he is in all the E3 and CES videos). He is actually very technical and is instrumental in the arcade 1up community. He actually quit and moved to ATGAMES. With that said, I'm sure he's going to push ATGAMES to pick up their game and deliver something better then their usual crap.
Harold Chizick (Toronto based Chizcomm marketing guru) and the 1Up spokesman both jumped ship to AtGames. Gives AtGames a lot of credibility - I don't think they would have jumped if it wasn't a decent product.

I like the AtGames system but it's $600 US which will be $800 CAD. Not cheap but a good deal for what it is I think.
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
Thank you to swales for selling me a deck protector for my Centipede cabinet. I just got it yesterday and its great Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9830 posts
2485 upvotes
If anyone else needs a Centipede deck protector I also have an extra on hand.
Jun 16, 2009
958 posts
851 upvotes
Here is my Centipede cab with the riser my dad built for me. I painted it and bought the Atari decal off eBay. I wish I had more room for another Arcade 1Up cabinet, AuctionMaxx always seems to have them at a good price.
20190701_091037.jpg
20190701_083205.jpg