PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 3:31 pm
Mar 23, 2005
445 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty interesting stuff going on at the ATgames cab. It's pretty much a steam powered arcade unit which in theory, should be great but I'm reading its a little clunky so far. If they fix the software or allow a way to side load roms, I think it could be worth it for the people that dont wanna mod. However, if you're interested in modding, Retroralph just released a video. Has all the buttons and controls you would want out of an arcade really minus a steering wheel and light guns. I dont think its worth it for the price but it might be worth it for others who want to minimize or not do any modding

Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10293 posts
2875 upvotes
alias_neo wrote: Pretty interesting stuff going on at the ATgames cab. It's pretty much a steam powered arcade unit which in theory, should be great but I'm reading its a little clunky so far. If they fix the software or allow a way to side load roms, I think it could be worth it for the people that dont wanna mod. However, if you're interested in modding, Retroralph just released a video. Has all the buttons and controls you would want out of an arcade really minus a steering wheel and light guns. I dont think its worth it for the price but it might be worth it for others who want to minimize or not do any modding
Atgames released this unit with very incomplete software - unfortunate. $500 USD is a lot of money and the "350 games" are largely old console games. The game store is still in Beta which is brutal and the game play areas have huge bezels around them.

Not sure this is even coming to Canada though there is a Sams Club in Niagara Falls which is only an hour from my house. Can't see buying at this time though.

Really hoping Arcade1up Star Wars ships next week... Now that I am excited about!
Nov 19, 2009
56 posts
12 upvotes
Those who modded their arcade1up machines. Anybody here running a PC? Im trying to get hyperspin to work, but could use some help.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10293 posts
2875 upvotes
Canuck_2k wrote: Those who modded their arcade1up machines. Anybody here running a PC? Im trying to get hyperspin to work, but could use some help.
I went with a Pi that my buddy had programmed for me. ;-)

Check Youtube - lots of videos on hyperspin programming.
Jun 6, 2018
135 posts
110 upvotes
Just received a call from my local eb games saying my Turtles Arcade Cab came in, and would like it picked up asap cause it's big and heavy and they don't want to move it lol expected release was November 25 so little ahead of schedule I guess
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7830 posts
2402 upvotes
I received it shipped to home last week via Purolator. It is wide and heavy to move by yourself. Must be at least 80 pounds.
Good luck hauling it through a crowded mall and parking lot without a cart or trolley.

captainjay09 wrote: Just received a call from my local eb games saying my Turtles Arcade Cab came in, and would like it picked up asap cause it's big and heavy and they don't want to move it lol expected release was November 25 so little ahead of schedule I guess
Jun 6, 2018
135 posts
110 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: I received it shipped to home last week via Purolator. It is wide and heavy to move by yourself. Must be at least 80 pounds.
Good luck hauling it through a crowded mall and parking lot without a cart or trolley.
Local eb games hear is in a strip mall so just pulled up curb side, was no problem. Yeah it would be tricky navigating it through a mall tho. Was my first time assembling one as well and it went pretty smooth no issues.
Aug 4, 2003
653 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
got the Turtles one over the weekend. Pretty cool. Took about an hour to put it together with the riser. Instructions were clear. I would use a drill for the riser as my arms were getting tired at that point from all the screwing.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3582 posts
1152 upvotes
Ajax
trick91 wrote: got the Turtles one over the weekend. Pretty cool. Took about an hour to put it together with the riser. Instructions were clear. I would use a drill for the riser as my arms were getting tired at that point from all the screwing.
I always use my "drill" for all of my "screwing". Haven't tired yet. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 23, 2005
445 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Atgames released this unit with very incomplete software - unfortunate. $500 USD is a lot of money and the "350 games" are largely old console games. The game store is still in Beta which is brutal and the game play areas have huge bezels around them.

Not sure this is even coming to Canada though there is a Sams Club in Niagara Falls which is only an hour from my house. Can't see buying at this time though.

Really hoping Arcade1up Star Wars ships next week... Now that I am excited about!
Man, these new videos by Retro Ralph and Cooltoy are really promising and it looks like ATgames is actually making an effort to give enthusiasts what they want. Firmware updates are coming regularly and they've been allowing to side load roms and arcade games. Price tag is a little higher yes, but I really think this is a great option for people that want to minimize on physical modding themselves. I got my SF2 cab for $200 or so which I thought was a fair price (although, a bit salty at some of the people that got it for $75 USD!). I've been modding it regularly and pretty glad with how it's turning out. I actually find modding it myself fun and rewarding so I thought I'd be indifferent about these ATgames cabs when I first heard about them, especially at the price tag they're at now.

However, when you factor in the labour and parts required for an equivalent arcade with the same types of controls, combined with the fact that sideloading roms and other arcade games are pretty much ready to work outside the box (after a firmware update), the ATgames cab can start looking very appealing. You can still mod this too if you want but I probably would be satisfied what the stock is offering with the latest firmware. Personally, if I already didn't have an A1up cab that I've modded, I'd probably be all over this if it came to a sale price of around $400 CAD. That price is ofcourse a fantasy but as we've seen with A1up cabs, crazy sales can happen.