PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3478 posts
1767 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Bubble Bobble fans, there is one only at this price, get it while you can

quarter arcades Official Bubble Bobble 1/4 Sized Mini Arcade Cabinet by Numskull – Playable Replica Retro Arcade Game Machine – Micro Retro Console https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08X943CYT/ref ... V9Y3FKS3NC

PS I'm referring to the used price through AWD, about half price if retail. I'd pick it up but not that big a BB fan

LOL it's gone so I'm guessing someone from RFD grabbed it
Amazing memories of this, playing at an arcade next to my elementary school. It was actually a small Italian Cafe with a small section of games. Crazy how we had that independence to just walk in and play at 10 years old, after school.

Btw, what was the price when you posted?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8607 upvotes
GTA
Cech wrote: Amazing memories of this, playing at an arcade next to my elementary school. It was actually a small Italian Cafe with a small section of games. Crazy how we had that independence to just walk in and play at 10 years old, after school.

Btw, what was the price when you posted?
Those were the days, going to your local convenience store or pizza joint and playing the one or two arcade games they had tucked in a corner somewhere. We'd get excited when they swapped them out for something else newer, always a big deal.
I believe it was approximately $127.XX, already can't remember the exact price. This was through AWD which means it was open, but I find their items are in better condition than you would expect for the term Used, and the price. It often seems to be returns that get opened and sent back or damaged boxes.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2014
1361 posts
1791 upvotes
Westmount, QC
The other day at Walmart I saw some mini retro Arcade, they had the Bubble Bobble, Contra and Bad Dudes, don't really remember the price but it was above the $100 mark. I thought it was a cool little thing, but not really worth that money.
May 28, 2010
103 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
theXshape wrote: The other day at Walmart I saw some mini retro Arcade, they had the Bubble Bobble, Contra and Bad Dudes, don't really remember the price but it was above the $100 mark. I thought it was a cool little thing, but not really worth that money.
The ones I see at walmart are ~$45 but they are the size of your hand.
May 28, 2010
103 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
are the a1up pinballs or at least the starwars one EOL?, can't seem to find them now...London Drugs cancelled my order twice and I have been waiting over a month for my marvel from the brick and it keeps getting delayed.

UPDATE: The Brick finally delivered after 2 months.
Last edited by athanato on Mar 19th, 2022 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1906 posts
1000 upvotes

gvr-vewlix-clone-chewlix-arcade-cabinet ... #p35843814

Starting a group buy if anyone in GVR wants to get a Vewlix clone cabinet with me.

Hoping to get at least 4 units in the buy, so 2-3 people as I can probably pitch in to get two units and sell the other one off on Craigslist or something.

I also have two A1U cabinets for sale. The Marvel Super Heroes LE with Sanwa buttons and joysticks + a BNIB MK2 Midway Legacy cabinet if anyone is interested.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3478 posts
1767 upvotes
At Costco in Brossard
$399.97

Arcade1Up Super Pac-Man with Light up Marquee, 7 Games in 1
Images
  • 20220322_183531.jpg
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
theXshape wrote: The other day at Walmart I saw some mini retro Arcade, they had the Bubble Bobble, Contra and Bad Dudes, don't really remember the price but it was above the $100 mark. I thought it was a cool little thing, but not really worth that money.
They come on clearance eventually if you wait.

I bought a few of those last year for about 1/2 price.
Jul 10, 2018
567 posts
588 upvotes
Has anyone purchased an arcade machine from Retroactive Arcade in Canada?

As someone nostalgic for games I grew up playing in arcades, I'd like to buy the games again but buying one machine for each game would become ridiculously expensive for me whether it's the original machine or an Arcade1Up version.

It would seem to make sense to buy one full sized machine that has 5000 games included in.

The list of games they say offered is here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0008/ ... 1700868553

Let's say it comes out to $6000 with taxes with the bells and whistles included. But you get 5000 games versus spending $400+ on a single Arcade 1up machine.
An example of one of their machines:
https://retroactivearcade.ca/products/brute-arcade

I haven't played video games in 30 years and I'm predicting that the re-playability factor may be minimal now that I'm older and once the novelty wears off but $1 per game is worth that while having an item that brings me back to simpler times in the home.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8607 upvotes
GTA
TheSinner wrote: Has anyone purchased an arcade machine from Retroactive Arcade in Canada?

As someone nostalgic for games I grew up playing in arcades, I'd like to buy the games again but buying one machine for each game would become ridiculously expensive for me whether it's the original machine or an Arcade1Up version.

It would seem to make sense to buy one full sized machine that has 5000 games included in.

The list of games they say offered is here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0008/ ... 1700868553

Let's say it comes out to $6000 with taxes with the bells and whistles included. But you get 5000 games versus spending $400+ on a single Arcade 1up machine.
An example of one of their machines:
https://retroactivearcade.ca/products/brute-arcade

I haven't played video games in 30 years and I'm predicting that the re-playability factor may be minimal now that I'm older and once the novelty wears off but $1 per game is worth that while having an item that brings me back to simpler times in the home.
Personally I'd save money and buy the AtGames Legends Ultimate Arcade from The Brick. It's on sale now:

https://www.thebrick.com/products/atgam ... ted-arcade

My friend has it and it's pretty solid. Great controller feel, great sound, a bit smaller than a regular arcade cab. You do have to put it together yourself but he said a Phillips screwdriver and an hour is all you need, easier than putting together IKEA furniture. Similar to the one you mentioned, it has the same amount of buttons joysticks and a trackball but also has two spinners. Spinners are great for games like Tempest, Discs of Tron, even games that need a steering wheel (although I found YMMV on the accuracy for those games).
As far as it having less games, he installed some free games packages that are easy to find on the internet, I think it's called OneSauce for CoinOpsX or something. In any case you get a large USB thumb drive, download the systems you want (from arcade to consoles), install and you will have thousands of games. The only caveat is to not update the firmware to the latest because it apparently breaks OneSauce.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1265 posts
986 upvotes
Ottawa
BernardRyder wrote: Personally I'd save money and buy the AtGames Legends Ultimate Arcade from The Brick. It's on sale now:

My friend has it and it's pretty solid. Great controller feel, great sound, a bit smaller than a regular arcade cab. You do have to put it together yourself but he said a Phillips screwdriver and an hour is all you need, easier than putting together IKEA furniture. Similar to the one you mentioned, it has the same amount of buttons joysticks and a trackball but also has two spinners. Spinners are great for games like Tempest, Discs of Tron, even games that need a steering wheel (although I found YMMV on the accuracy for those games).
As far as it having less games, he installed some free games packages that are easy to find on the internet, I think it's called OneSauce for CoinOpsX or something. In any case you get a large USB thumb drive, download the systems you want (from arcade to consoles), install and you will have thousands of games. The only caveat is to not update the firmware to the latest because it apparently breaks OneSauce.
Yes, I agree with this. While i don't have the full cabinet, i have the control deck, and it works great. BUT, the joysticks kinda suck. They are 8 direction, which makes it hard to play a lot of games, especially fighting games.
You'll definitely need to upgrade the joysticks to circular.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8607 upvotes
GTA
jay_w wrote: Yes, I agree with this. While i don't have the full cabinet, i have the control deck, and it works great. BUT, the joysticks kinda suck. They are 8 direction, which makes it hard to play a lot of games, especially fighting games.
You'll definitely need to upgrade the joysticks to circular.
I found the feel on them is good myself. And unfortunately, I think any cabinet you buy will feature 8-way, which doesn't work well for many arcade games. I'm sure the more expensive one the OP listed said 8-way. It's an unfortunate reality.
c'mon get happy!
Jul 10, 2018
567 posts
588 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Personally I'd save money and buy the AtGames Legends Ultimate Arcade from The Brick. It's on sale now:

I've been enjoying this thing every day since I got it.

For this price point, it's great quality.

The 5 inch riser I bought for it makes gives it the perfect height.