PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 3:31 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
captainjay09 wrote: The Source has them up for sale as well on their website
Was in Canada Computers on the weekend - in stock and on the floor for pick up : Star Wars and Turtles. Mississauga location.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
alias_neo wrote: Man, these new videos by Retro Ralph and Cooltoy are really promising and it looks like ATgames is actually making an effort to give enthusiasts what they want. Firmware updates are coming regularly and they've been allowing to side load roms and arcade games. Price tag is a little higher yes, but I really think this is a great option for people that want to minimize on physical modding themselves. I got my SF2 cab for $200 or so which I thought was a fair price (although, a bit salty at some of the people that got it for $75 USD!). I've been modding it regularly and pretty glad with how it's turning out. I actually find modding it myself fun and rewarding so I thought I'd be indifferent about these ATgames cabs when I first heard about them, especially at the price tag they're at now.

However, when you factor in the labour and parts required for an equivalent arcade with the same types of controls, combined with the fact that sideloading roms and other arcade games are pretty much ready to work outside the box (after a firmware update), the ATgames cab can start looking very appealing. You can still mod this too if you want but I probably would be satisfied what the stock is offering with the latest firmware. Personally, if I already didn't have an A1up cab that I've modded, I'd probably be all over this if it came to a sale price of around $400 CAD. That price is ofcourse a fantasy but as we've seen with A1up cabs, crazy sales can happen.
Love Ralph and Cooltoy - great guys.

I may buy one of these if they come to Canada - don't think I will drive to the US to get. The reason I still want one is the trac ball and spinner on the deck. I also see now that there are a lot of possibilities in adding / streaming higher power games. Probably worth having.
Mar 23, 2005
445 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Cooltoy has done a great video summarizing Black Friday deals for Arcade1up machines in the US for anyone interested. Really glad how these units have picked up since their infancy last year

Aug 4, 2003
653 posts
62 upvotes
Edmonton
wonder what next round of cabinets would be? Should do a wrestling one with Wrestlefest, Superstars, and Wrestle-mania The Arcade Game
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
I assume no Arcade 1up deals for Black Friday in Canada... :(
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3009 posts
1139 upvotes
The Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2 machines are on sale on Walmart.com for $199 US.
I can reserve and pickup.

Question: I'm interested in the Mortal Kombat just because that is what I played when I was a kid, any reason I should go for the SF2 instead?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7830 posts
2402 upvotes
The Mortal Kombat one has the updated volume control but it has
the Mortal Kombat button layout. 5 buttons scattered in a X formation which is less ideal for non-Mortal Kombat games.
The MK one comes with a riser, but the SFII one, you would have to buy a riser separately.

SF II one has a better button layout for all types of games, especially other fighting games.
6 buttons straight across if you are planning on upgrading the cabinet
with a Raspberry Pi Arcade unit.
Cech wrote: The Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2 machines are on sale on Walmart.com for $199 US.
I can reserve and pickup.

Question: I'm interested in the Mortal Kombat just because that is what I played when I was a kid, any reason I should go for the SF2 instead?

Last edited by XFactor11 on Dec 3rd, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3009 posts
1139 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: The Mortal Kombat one has the updated volume control but it has
the Mortal Kombat button layout. 5 buttons scattered in a X formation which is less ideal for non-Mortal Kombat games.
The MK one comes with a riser, but the SFII one, you would have to buy a riser separately.

SF II one has a better button layout for all types of games, especially other fight ng games.
6 buttons straight across if you are planning on upgrading the cabinet
with a Raspberry Pi Arcade unit.
Thanks but at $199 at Walmart, neither come with the riser and I'm not planning on upgrading them for other games either.

Just wondering.... for gameplay, fun and value, which would you recommend?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
707 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: The Mortal Kombat one has the updated volume control but it has
The $199 MK at Walmart is the original release and has none of the upgrades that the newer version has.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3009 posts
1139 upvotes
swales wrote: The $199 MK at Walmart is the original release and has none of the upgrades that the newer version has.
What newer version?

The MK Arcade 1up cabinet is a 2019 release, I don't see anything anywhere about a newer release.
They do have some models with the custom riser and optional marquee but the cabinet and controls are the same.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
707 upvotes
Cech wrote: What newer version?

The MK Arcade 1up cabinet is a 2019 release, I don't see anything anywhere about a newer release.
They do have some models with the custom riser and optional marquee but the cabinet and controls are the same.
There's a new version with brand new screen, pcb, lit marquee and riser. Then there's the version with the riser that can also come with a different screen but not always, depends on build date and of course there's the original release that Walmart in the US sells that has the old screen, pcb and no riser.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3009 posts
1139 upvotes
swales wrote: There's a new version with brand new screen, pcb, lit marquee and riser. Then there's the version with the riser that can also come with a different screen but not always, depends on build date and of course there's the original release that Walmart in the US sells that has the old screen, pcb and no riser.
Ok, I thought that was a Costco exclusive bundle, not sure where I can find that now and it's not clear if any of the one's I'm buying in Canada is any different than the one in the US.

Thanks for the info anyways, might still be worth the $199 vs paying double here.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1133 posts
1081 upvotes
Saw a Pac-Man in a Costco today, Weston and Hwy 7 in Vaughan. $350 for it, it might get cheaper as Christmas gets closer if anyone is interested in watching.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri