PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 3:31 pm
Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Interesting.

Where does it show how many are in stock?
I totally remembered wrong. It showed yellow inventory (meaning limited in stock) and I called and they told me they had 2 in stock. Totally forgot that part. There were 2 available when I got there still. My brain never remembers things correctly.
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
haushinka wrote: Not 100% sure but it was accurate enough to find me Pacman in Newmarket the other day. Other stores showed none available and 1111 Davis showed 2 Pacman. There were exactly 2 when I got there so I think it's somewhat accurate.
Make sure its in green and not yellow.
I went to two stores that show they have "Available" in yellow and didn't have any!
Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
kool1 wrote: The 2 I really wanted (Galaga and 12-1 Atari) are not coming to Canada. It's pretty disappointing.
Yes, those are both ones I would get. I wanted the Pacman because I think it will have a lot of replayability and that's the same reason I bought the Street Fighter 2 (Also I'm thinking about modding it with retropi) but Galaga and the 12 in 1 are definitely ones I want. May grab them when I go to the states in January. Just unsure what the duties would be to bring them back.
Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Make sure its in green and not yellow.
I went to two stores that show they have "Available" in yellow and didn't have any!
I would definitely call ahead if it's yellow. Although I will say a lot of the times its just lazy employees. Twice I was told in store that they didn't have any only to find out they were in the bike area.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
3617 posts
5848 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey there. stock.ga tool author is here :)
The stock information might not be exactly accurate, I find it's behind by 1 or 2 days in updating its information. There are also discrepancies when items are returned and there are inevitable losses in inventory (although it's very hard to lose something like arcade machine lol). Yellow 'Available' means stock is limited, which probably means <3 items were last reported.
Price has never been inaccurate.
If you bought online/other store, then you should be able to come to a store with lower price and if they have it in stock you should be able to price match. Other tactic is to return your original purchase and rebuy at a local price. This should also work for a store that does not have this item in stock, they cannot deny your return (assuming it meets return policy). They could deny you to rebuy right after (depends on the rep). But if you have time you can always wait until it's released from returned items and take it to the cash counter. (or play dumb, don't tell anything about price difference, just make a return and then come back and say you changed your mind and want it back :)

Here is a link to search for all Arcade 1Up: https://stock.ga/?s=wm&search=Arcade%201Up
Leave location blank to use your browser location automatically or put your city/zip code, change number of stores to check(10 is default, but there is no limit if you want it higher), then click on the arcade machine from the list.
Enjoy!
Last edited by seafish on Nov 28th, 2018 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
seafish wrote: Hey there. stock.ga tool author is here :)
The stock information might not be exactly accurate, I find it's behind by 1 or 2 days in updating its information. There are also discrepancies when items are returned and there are inevitable losses in inventory (although it's very hard to lose something like arcade machine lol). Yellow 'Available' means stock is limited, which probably means <3 items were last reported.
If you bought online/other store, then you should be able to come to a store with lower price and if they have it in stock you should be able to price match. Other tactic is to return your original purchase and rebuy at a local price. This should also work for a store that does not have this item in stock, they cannot deny your return (assuming it meets return policy). They could deny you to rebuy right after (depends on the rep). But if you have time you can always wait until it's released from returned items and take it to the cash counter. (or play dumb, don't tell anything about price difference, just make a return and then come back and say you changed your mind and want it back :)

Here is a link to search for all Arcade 1Up: https://stock.ga/?s=wm&search=Arcade%201Up
Leave location blank to use your browser location automatically, change number of stores to check to your preference, then click on the arcade machine from the list.
Enjoy!
Thank you. Awesome tool.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
haushinka wrote: I totally remembered wrong. It showed yellow inventory (meaning limited in stock) and I called and they told me they had 2 in stock. Totally forgot that part. There were 2 available when I got there still. My brain never remembers things correctly.
seafish wrote: Hey there. stock.ga tool author is here :)

Leave location blank to use your browser location automatically or put your city/zip code, change number of stores to check(10 is default, but there is no limit if you want it higher), then click on the arcade machine from the list.
Enjoy!
Thank you - sounds like yellow is dicey. I better not take the drive down as tempting as it is for the price.

Odd that on-line prices are not the same as store prices on many of these. Also note that stores have not stocked Asteroids at all - distribution issues?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
3617 posts
5848 upvotes
Ottawa
kool1 wrote: Thank you - sounds like yellow is dicey. I better not take the drive down as tempting as it is for the price.

Odd that on-line prices are not the same as store prices on many of these. Also note that stores have not stocked Asteroids at all - distribution issues?
You can call and ask the store. Their in-store inventory information is real-time, then it's just a matter of finding it (which shouldn't be a problem for items as big as this)
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3190 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
if there is a store near you with the reduced price - is there anything stopping you from ordering online at full price and then going to store for price adjustment ?
Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
dchabby wrote: if there is a store near you with the reduced price - is there anything stopping you from ordering online at full price and then going to store for price adjustment ?
I think they'll only adjust it if the product is in stock at that store.
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Looks like SF is available in Richmond Hill store but at $399 !!!
My order shipped from Walmart to the store but no email yet.

Their system is worst than any retailer and they want to compete with Amazon!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
seafish wrote: You can call and ask the store. Their in-store inventory information is real-time, then it's just a matter of finding it (which shouldn't be a problem for items as big as this)
Interestingly the Walmart site says Oakville has no Pac Man machines and I was there tonight and they have the same 6 they had last week...

Aug 7, 2008
414 posts
140 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Interestingly the Walmart site says Oakville has no Pac Man machines and I was there tonight and they have the same 6 they had last week...

Interesting!
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone close to Stockyards store can report if they have SF?
Called 3 times and was on hold for 20 min!,
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10292 posts
2874 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Anyone close to Stockyards store can report if they have SF?
Called 3 times and was on hold for 20 min!,
Could you ask if they have Pac Man also. I was thinking of making the drive down there.