PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2019 1:51 pm
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
triptronix wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 8:48 pm
I called into customer service over an hour ago to follow up on my control panel/deck protector and was notified that it shipped out November 30th then I was provided a tracking number. I just checked the tracking now and turns out that the UPS shipment was cancelled! I do not know what happened or why they did not inform me of this (its been almost a week now since shipment date) Anyways I sent Arcade1up an email blasting them about this and I suggest you guys/gals follow up and check your tracking number live with someone on the phone in case
I see on another forum that UPS wants $94 Canadian for the package!
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nufan wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:16 pm
For those PM'ing online, do you place the order first then contact CSR with a picture or do you price match and then place the order? Also if anyone has a working pic they could PM me would be awesome :)
Don't use the form on Walmart site. Just send an email to them and include the picture that show the price on page 38.
Also ignore the comment about not to reply to their email I and asking you to cal.
People on the phone wont do it.
Looks like CSR's responding to emails have permission to price adjust much better...
Nov 20, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
Ups are the worst for cross border deliveries. A few months ago a had a replacement (under warrenty) glass screen proctector shipped to me by zagg. It cost me $20 for brokerage fee. I called them and complained why there is a brokerage fee for something that cost me $0 . They said the company has to mark down replacement. That is such bs. What work did they have to do for something that had no price on it. Anyways, i ordered a replacement pcb and protector from arcade 1up. I asked them to mark down replacement but they could not guaranty it. AFter calling ups about the upcoming shipment, they said you can refuse the package, get the tracking number and brokerage it yourself. You would have to do the paperwork and pick it up from their depot. Depending on the cost , this might be worth while.
Dec 15, 2017
358 posts
587 upvotes
Vancouver
Doing the *Happy Elf Dance* Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Today or 12-06-2018 was suppose to be my last day (14 days return policy) to return SF and Rampage back to the Richmond, BC location if I can't PM another Walmart store price. The ladies at customer service said they don't PM another Walmart store but with a bit of sympathy and persistence I was able to get one of them to call and ask the manager. The manager came by and I simply explained to her that price is lower at another store in Ontario and she basically said to the customer service lady to just do the price match, hassle free. I guess this went smoothly because my first attempt was a fail however I had a few things happening that could have played a role in getting the PM approved because the store was closing in 10-15 minutes and some thief tried to scam the customer service people by returning an item (that he most likely grabbed from a shelf) with no receipt.

Anyway, I will post my receipt of them processing a refund and then selling me both machines at $288.00 each. Oh I also forgot to mention that I even told the customer service lady that if I can't PM then "unfortunately" I will need to return both items for a full refund of $786.38 after tax. Honestly, I don't think this store wants to refund me $786.38 so taking a little hit on giving me $138.79 back would be better.

Good luck to anyone who uses my receipt because YMMV by a lot on who you speak to and how you ask for it. I just asked nicely and tried to be calm and polite but everyone has their own method of negotiating. Cheers!
Images
  • 4F1FCD91-61FA-4EA2-8267-F0E3D85BD867.jpeg
Dec 15, 2017
358 posts
587 upvotes
Vancouver
seadooxp30 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 11:18 pm
Don't use the form on Walmart site. Just send an email to them and include the picture that show the price on page 38.
Also ignore the comment about not to reply to their email I and asking you to cal.
People on the phone wont do it.
Looks like CSR's responding to emails have permission to price adjust much better...
Okay, so do you just reply back to the email that states not to reply to? I can't find an email address for their customer service other than forms to fill out online. I have an order for SF and Rampage online as well which I would like to also PM but this time with my receipt from Richmond, BC because I got the $288.00 price.
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
QuickFingers wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 3:45 am
Okay, so do you just reply back to the email that states not to reply to? I can't find an email address for their customer service other than forms to fill out online. I have an order for SF and Rampage online as well which I would like to also PM but this time with my receipt from Richmond, BC because I got the $288.00 price.
use heretohelp.ca@mailtr.custhelp.com
Dec 16, 2006
121 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
seadooxp30 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 11:15 pm
OMG this is ridiculous! Now I'm wondering in the case of replacement parts that are covered under warranty how much they will cost to receive them through UPS? Hundreds of dollars?
Dec 16, 2006
121 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
alcheung85 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 1:55 am
Ups are the worst for cross border deliveries. A few months ago a had a replacement (under warrenty) glass screen proctector shipped to me by zagg. It cost me $20 for brokerage fee. I called them and complained why there is a brokerage fee for something that cost me $0 . They said the company has to mark down replacement. That is such bs. What work did they have to do for something that had no price on it. Anyways, i ordered a replacement pcb and protector from arcade 1up. I asked them to mark down replacement but they could not guaranty it. AFter calling ups about the upcoming shipment, they said you can refuse the package, get the tracking number and brokerage it yourself. You would have to do the paperwork and pick it up from their depot. Depending on the cost , this might be worth while.
all this just to receive a replacement part and A1UP still could not guarantee "replacement" would be marked down on the package. Wow!
Mar 15, 2010
615 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
triptronix wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 8:22 am
OMG this is ridiculous! Now I'm wondering in the case of replacement parts that are covered under warranty how much they will cost to receive them through UPS? Hundreds of dollars?
I’ll refuse the package and call Arcade1UP to complain
Dec 15, 2017
358 posts
587 upvotes
Vancouver
JohnT24995 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 4:09 am
There’s a receipt posted somewhere here for a BC store
Are you sure? I didn't see one so it was hard to convince Walmart to PM a store in another province on my first attempt. But anyway, I got it done and I posted my photo for BC in case someone needs it.
Dec 15, 2017
358 posts
587 upvotes
Vancouver
Regarding the "deck protector"... this is the reason why I am shipping to my US address (PO box) in Point Roberts because UPS will charge you if you ship to Canada unless you get lucky and they don't. I am picking up other stuff in Point Roberts, WA anyway so I just saved myself the headache.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10152 posts
2725 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 8:53 am
I’ll refuse the package and call Arcade1UP to complain
Same - If it's free there should be no charge / duty.
Aug 7, 2008
329 posts
92 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 11:15 pm
If this happens to me there will be hell to pay! I have 4 of them coming so far. Plus a replacement bezel and button.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)