PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2019 5:14 am
Aug 7, 2008
299 posts
72 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 10:00 pm
Just curious, what happened to the bezel and button?
Just ordered those. Haven't come yet.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3935 posts
691 upvotes
haushinka wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 9:43 pm
Yes UPS
Did they put a value on the customs form and did they mention it was a warranty replacement?
Aug 7, 2008
299 posts
72 upvotes
swales wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 10:12 pm
Did they put a value on the customs form and did they mention it was a warranty replacement?
Not that I saw but I'll look it all over again tonight. I didn't really see much paperwork or anything.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10069 posts
2687 upvotes
Hope mine come through ok - it's all kind of frustrating. I may end up just spraying the control boards with lacquer or something.
Aug 7, 2008
299 posts
72 upvotes
1004 Toronto Stockyards Supercentre 2525 St Clair Ave West, Toronto, ON, M6N 4Z5 14.5 km 399.96 OutOfStock back up to $399 from $248.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3935 posts
691 upvotes
So after way too many email exchanges with the walmart online csr's I was finally able to PM for the lower in store price. Thanks to everyone that provided receipts and pictures :)
Oct 31, 2007
3371 posts
451 upvotes
swales wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 10:52 am
So after way too many email exchanges with the walmart online csr's I was finally able to PM for the lower in store price. Thanks to everyone that provided receipts and pictures :)
Did you buy first then start the contact with cust. service or the other way around? I'm tempted on a SF unit at the $248 price and probably Pi mod it but don't really want to pay full price and hope they credit the difference.
Aug 7, 2008
299 posts
72 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 12:46 pm
Did you buy first then start the contact with cust. service or the other way around? I'm tempted on a SF unit at the $248 price and probably Pi mod it but don't really want to pay full price and hope they credit the difference.
I don't know that you'll be able to pull off a Street Fighter at $248. I was only able to get Centipede at that price because they had it in stock at the St Clair location. Then I was able to price match a 2nd at that price with my own receipt. What people have been able to do is price match the Street Fighter at $288 because of the Hamilton location having them in stock at that price. I was able to price match Rampage to that price with my receipt for Pacman, SF2 & Centipede and a picture of the $288 display. I think they only let me do Rampage because I said they had it there but I couldn't fit it in my car with the other 3. The picture I took had such a big stack they just assumed it was in stock. St Clair only had 2 Centipede in stock and nothing else for the $248. So picture couldn't really be used for anything else. Really it depends on the CSR you get. The problem is that St Clair put their price back up to $399 so good luck even having them call the store. Only Hamilton has the $288 price still but not sure if they have any stock left. I would hold off and see the next sales/price cuts because I would be shocked if they don't come soon. Or you could use the receipt I posted here as well as the picture and try for a $288 price match. You need to buy the unit online first and then email to request a price match.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3935 posts
691 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 12:46 pm
I contacted customer service first as I wanted assurance the would do it before i bought as i heard walmart online is terrible for cancelling orders and i didn't want the unit shipped to me at full price. After i finally received confirmation i placed my order, replied to the confirmation email with my order number and they did the refund right away. It was getting the initial confirmation that took way too much effort as I wanted rampage PM'd and none of the pics on here showed rampage so they didn't want to do it. haushinka gave me his rampage receipt and even then they denied it at first as no pics had rampage in it but finally I got someone that would do it. Walmart by far has the worst csr's to deal with
Aug 7, 2008
299 posts
72 upvotes
swales wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 2:13 pm
I contacted customer service first as I wanted assurance the would do it before i bought as i heard walmart online is terrible for cancelling orders and i didn't want the unit shipped to me at full price. After i finally received confirmation i placed my order, replied to the confirmation email with my order number and they did the refund right away. It was getting the initial confirmation that took way too much effort as I wanted rampage PM'd and none of the pics on here showed rampage so they didn't want to do it. haushinka gave me his rampage receipt and even then they denied it at first as no pics had rampage in it but finally I got someone that would do it. Walmart by far has the worst csr's to deal with
That's good to know that you got an assurance first. I tried and no one one would assure me of anything so I just ordered and worst case was going to need to return it.
May 22, 2015
25 posts
15 upvotes
Longueuil
The cabs are currently showing up at Walmart for $150 USD in Plattsburgh, NY.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1383 posts
93 upvotes
anyone got a spare SF2 joystick laying around?
Mine busted after 15mins of play
Mar 15, 2010
613 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
edvc520 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 5:06 pm
anyone got a spare SF2 joystick laying around?
Mine busted after 15mins of play
Wow that quick!!!
Call customer service and complain..
They have 90 days warranty
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3146 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
played around with the pacman unit a little today at a walmart- thought it worked pretty good and was kinda fun.

i was trying to be harsh on it to see if the art on the control panel would come off - seemed okay but i did manage to scratch/dent it a little so i could see it being destroyed pretty easily if kids are using this.
Dec 15, 2017
310 posts
541 upvotes
Vancouver
haushinka wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:41 pm
I don't know that you'll be able to pull off a Street Fighter at $248. I was only able to get Centipede at that price because they had it in stock at the St Clair location. Then I was able to price match a 2nd at that price with my own receipt. What people have been able to do is price match the Street Fighter at $288 because of the Hamilton location having them in stock at that price. I was able to price match Rampage to that price with my receipt for Pacman, SF2 & Centipede and a picture of the $288 display. I think they only let me do Rampage because I said they had it there but I couldn't fit it in my car with the other 3. The picture I took had such a big stack they just assumed it was in stock. St Clair only had 2 Centipede in stock and nothing else for the $248. So picture couldn't really be used for anything else. Really it depends on the CSR you get. The problem is that St Clair put their price back up to $399 so good luck even having them call the store. Only Hamilton has the $288 price still but not sure if they have any stock left. I would hold off and see the next sales/price cuts because I would be shocked if they don't come soon. Or you could use the receipt I posted here as well as the picture and try for a $288 price match. You need to buy the unit online first and then email to request a price match.
Well I tried to PM my online order for another SF and Rampage with the Hamilton photo and my own receipt in B.C. with the price showing $288.00 (dated 1 day before) on my first purchase and the CSR did not approve it because they need to see a photo of SF and Rampage with the $288.00 price. I sent a reply with more supporting photos of SF with the $288.00 price but I don't have one for Rampage so I hope they will accept it this time. But if they refuse then I will just return it since I already have 1 SF and Rampage at $288.00.

This was their first reply:
"Thank you for submitting your Ad Match form.

We regret to inform you that we were unable to Ad Match the Arcade 1Up Rampage Game or the Arcade 1Up Street Fighter II Game in your form as these products didn’t comply with our Ad Match program. The photo that you sent showed Arcade 1Up - Centipede – Arcade Game and Arcade 1Up - Pacman - Arcade Game. Please be advised that the item should be identical to process your request."