PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 3:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9580 posts
2269 upvotes
James Street had about 7 last weekend.. Not driving 20 minutes back to check.

Im happy to wait it out until after Christmas to buy more. Lots of stock locally.

Pac Man has been a lot of fun this weekend. Everyone loves it. Still debating on my Centipede cab waiting in a box.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3066 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
i am going to the James Street Walmart today to try and do a return and rebuy so i can offically have the extended return period in effect.

I will snap some pictures and update everyone with what they have there.
Dec 16, 2006
117 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
This was posted on the Arcade1up Official Fanpage. I believe many of us are aware of this already and those who received their deck protectors, you are lucky =)

"HEY FOLKS! Regaurding those protectors that are being shipped out if you live in CANADA. A friend of mine just called customer service to request his and they told him they will NOT be SHIPPING to Canada anymore. People have supposedly been getting charged $105 upon them arriving in Canada. Therefore he was told they have put a hold on any protectors going to Canada until they can figure this out"

I know there are ways to protect the control panel but this is a product defect and should be corrected by the manufacturer and not by the consumer!
Mar 15, 2010
598 posts
138 upvotes
triptronix wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:20 pm
This was posted on the Arcade1up Official Fanpage. I believe many of us are aware of this already and those who received their deck protectors, you are lucky =)

"HEY FOLKS! Regaurding those protectors that are being shipped out if you live in CANADA. A friend of mine just called customer service to request his and they told him they will NOT be SHIPPING to Canada anymore. People have supposedly been getting charged $105 upon them arriving in Canada. Therefore he was told they have put a hold on any protectors going to Canada until they can figure this out"

I know there are ways to protect the control panel but this is a product defect and should be corrected by the manufacturer and not by the consumer!
Another good reason for all to just return to Walmart
I like to see how they react when they see that many return!!
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3066 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
dchabby wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 11:30 am
i am going to the James Street Walmart today to try and do a return and rebuy so i can offically have the extended return period in effect.

I will snap some pictures and update everyone with what they have there.
well turns out James street Walmart is all sold out - could not find any on the floor and the csr told me that they had sold out.

i did manage to get a new receipt with todays date on it but the csr did the return and rebuy on the same receipt - does anyone think this would be a problem if i try and return during the extended return period ?

they did give me a gift receipt as well for each unit with todays date on it so i guess worst come to worst i could return on those but would only get store credit most likely.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9580 posts
2269 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 6:03 pm
well turns out James street Walmart is all sold out - could not find any on the floor and the csr told me that they had sold out.

i did manage to get a new receipt with todays date on it but the csr did the return and rebuy on the same receipt - does anyone think this would be a problem if i try and return during the extended return period ?

they did give me a gift receipt as well for each unit with todays date on it so i guess worst come to worst i could return on those but would only get store credit most likely.
Not surprised. 288 was a great price.

Glad I grabbed them when I did. Now hold and wait.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3912 posts
686 upvotes
triptronix wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:20 pm

Canada getting the shaft again when all they need to do is fill out the form properly and we won't get charged anything
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9580 posts
2269 upvotes
alphahunter wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 10:12 pm
Niagara Falls Walmart
288 CAD in the Hammer was a better deal but I would grab a Galaga for 249. Also the risers are much cheaper there.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3912 posts
686 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 11:14 pm
Also the risers are much cheaper there.
Not cheap enough for me yet, only about a $10 difference with conversion so not worth the drive but if you happen to be there already then sure.
Aug 7, 2008
295 posts
72 upvotes
swales wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 9:23 am
Not cheap enough for me yet, only about a $10 difference with conversion so not worth the drive but if you happen to be there already then sure.
They're actually $22 cheaper after conversation. Less tax in the states helps as well. Definitely not enough to make me drive to the states though. Going in January so I may grab stuff then.
Mar 15, 2010
598 posts
138 upvotes
swales wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 6:40 pm
Canada getting the shaft again when all they need to do is fill out the form properly and we won't get charged anything
Don’t forget Red Planet that is the distributor in Canada
They should bring all replacement to Canada and ship them to Canadians.
Anyways I think it’s a nice toy but not ready for prime time....
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3912 posts
686 upvotes
haushinka wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 9:52 am
They're actually $22 cheaper after conversation. Less tax in the states helps as well. Definitely not enough to make me drive to the states though. Going in January so I may grab stuff then.
I see online they are cheaper then the pic above but still comes to at least $53 after conversion + local tax + possibly cdn tax at border (of course depends on how long in US, customs officer) but at the end of the day still not worth it for most of us.