PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2020 3:31 pm
May 31, 2008
67 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I just got another and had it price matched to the $197 price from Quebec stores because the picture does not say clearance so they accepted it.
Jul 26, 2009
155 posts
10 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
Was it for a street fighter one ? They denied me with the Quebec one but I sent another email as it’s not clearance like they tried to say.
Mar 3, 2004
300 posts
12 upvotes
I got mine in store a few days ago, and just went in to try to PM with $175 receipt, and the lady wouldn't budge, saying it's a store specific promotion (kinda true), and they need to see a Walmart-wide promotion in order to PM. I'll be content with my $250 price point, and see if it goes on Walmart-wide sale within 30 days. I had to buy it in store, so sucks to be me. PM seems much easier for online purchases.

Thanks to those who provide information, pictures, receipts, etc. You guys are awesome!
Last edited by yylover on Jan 2nd, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 31, 2008
67 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
TorturEd wrote: Was it for a street fighter one ? They denied me with the Quebec one but I sent another email as it’s not clearance like they tried to say.
Yes it was for street fighter. I sent an email including the 2 pictures then called and gave the reference # I received from the confirmation email saying they received my question. I then told them to look at the pics I sent and that I wanted a price match.
Those who got a rejection email for $197 should just call and use your current reference number
Jul 26, 2009
155 posts
10 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
yellow98gt wrote: Yes it was for street fighter. I sent an email including the 2 pictures then called and gave the reference # I received from the confirmation email saying they received my question. I then told them to look at the pics I sent and that I wanted a price match.
Those who got a rejection email for $197 should just call and use your current reference number
Thank you I just did what you said and I finally got them to price match for the $197 :)
Apr 26, 2011
21 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg
After numerous emails sent, I finally got them to price match to $197.

Main response I've been getting was they do not price match a second time per unit. Some responses were encouraging me to return and repurchase the unit. Some of these reps are complete BS.

For anyone trying to price match a second time like myself ($329 -> $249 -> $197), don't give up and keep on trying.

Tips:
I always sent a fresh email after receiving a rejection email. Never replied back to an email.
I included a PDF of my receipt, discounted receipt and photos in store.
Just keep sending until you land the rep that puts it through.

Shout out to swales for the help and to the rest of the guys that share their receipts and pics with us all.

I probably won't try for the clearance price, I'm extremely content with the $197 price.
Mar 15, 2010
620 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They denied my request for $175. 3 emails later still the same.
Oh well I'm happy with $197
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
707 upvotes
Stores now back up to $399, I really don't understand Walmart's pricing mindset. These never sold at that price before and stores only sold out with a below $200 price point so why put them back up, why not just clear them out now.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3749 posts
1728 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
swales wrote: Stores now back up to $399, I really don't understand Walmart's pricing mindset. These never sold at that price before and stores only sold out with a below $200 price point so why put them back up, why not just clear them out now.
It's like kijiji/craigslist, only need one sucker to overpay. :-)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10309 posts
2889 upvotes
swales wrote: Stores now back up to $399, I really don't understand Walmart's pricing mindset. These never sold at that price before and stores only sold out with a below $200 price point so why put them back up, why not just clear them out now.
Well, it sounds like more of these are coming with an announcement at CES next week so these are not a one and gone product.

That said, I am still confident we will see individual stores blow them out. Just have to wait it out but some Walmarts I have been to still have lots of stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3983 posts
707 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Well, it sounds like more of these are coming with an announcement at CES next week so these are not a one and gone product.

That said, I am still confident we will see individual stores blow them out. Just have to wait it out but some Walmarts I have been to still have lots of stock.
Wave 2 was always planned at least for the US, I guess we'll see if we get them since only Walmart sells them here so if they say no due to low sales we'll be SOL. I also think going forward they will only be available online if we get wave 2
May 31, 2008
67 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
swales wrote: Wave 2 was always planned at least for the US, I guess we'll see if we get them since only Walmart sells them here so if they say no due to low sales we'll be SOL. I also think going forward they will only be available online if we get wave 2
Totally agree. I have extremely high doubts that walmart stores will carry these units in the future. They did not sell well at all and take up a lot of floor space.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10309 posts
2889 upvotes
yellow98gt wrote: Totally agree. I have extremely high doubts that walmart stores will carry these units in the future. They did not sell well at all and take up a lot of floor space.
Walmart USA marketed these in store with displays so people would see and try them. They also featured them on the front page of their Christmas circular and priced them well.

Walmart Canada did virtually nothing and priced them high. Our Walmart piled them up under the bicycles where no one even saw them.
Mar 15, 2010
620 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mell0w wrote: After numerous emails sent, I finally got them to price match to $197.

Main response I've been getting was they do not price match a second time per unit. Some responses were encouraging me to return and repurchase the unit. Some of these reps are complete BS.

For anyone trying to price match a second time like myself ($329 -> $249 -> $197), don't give up and keep on trying.

Tips:
I always sent a fresh email after receiving a rejection email. Never replied back to an email.
I included a PDF of my receipt, discounted receipt and photos in store.
Just keep sending until you land the rep that puts it through.

Shout out to swales for the help and to the rest of the guys that share their receipts and pics with us all.

I probably won't try for the clearance price, I'm extremely content with the $197 price.
Thank you!
It worked for me and got PM for $175
I did exactly what you mentioned and got it on first reply.
Denied 4 times when I replied to my original email Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes