PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 8:21 am
Jun 16, 2009
940 posts
823 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:32 am
Well, it sounds like more of these are coming with an announcement at CES next week so these are not a one and gone product.

That said, I am still confident we will see individual stores blow them out. Just have to wait it out but some Walmarts I have been to still have lots of stock.
Is Wave 2 the Final Fight cab, or was there something else being hinted?
I'd be interested if they address some of the issues with their first wave products.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3926 posts
691 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:59 am
Walmart USA marketed these in store with displays so people would see and try them. They also featured them on the front page of their Christmas circular and priced them well.

Walmart Canada did virtually nothing and priced them high. Our Walmart piled them up under the bicycles where no one even saw them.
Pricing is actually more in the US if you don't look at the discounted stores, their regular price is $299usd which is over $400cdn. They of course had yoyo pricing so depending on the week you could get them lower and also many stores had no displays like us while other ones had great displays with all sorts of pac man accessories. I think one big mistake in Canada was not being able to buy risers in store and online always out of stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3926 posts
691 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:01 am
Is Wave 2 the Final Fight cab, or was there something else being hinted?
I'd be interested if they address some of the issues with their first wave products.
Wave 2 is final fight, Mortal Kombat for sure and rumours are TMNT, Simpsons and others
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9743 posts
2422 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:13 am
Pricing is actually more in the US if you don't look at the discounted stores, their regular price is $299usd which is over $400cdn. They of course had yoyo pricing so depending on the week you could get them lower and also many stores had no displays like us while other ones had great displays with all sorts of pac man accessories. I think one big mistake in Canada was not being able to buy risers in store and online always out of stock.
Canadian regular pricing was lower yes but big discounts in the US started right after Black Friday in November already and spread quickly. Risers are a complete fail I agree. Priced higher than the US and unavailable most of the holiday shopping season.
swales wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:14 am
Wave 2 is final fight, Mortal Kombat for sure and rumours are TMNT, Simpsons and others
Mortal Combat is 100%. Space Invaders likely to come (already available in Europe). Others, who knows. Hope for something cool like Qbert or Donkey Kong..
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3926 posts
691 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:17 am
Regular pricing was lower yes but big discounts started right after Black Friday in November already and spread quickly. Risers are a complete fail I agree. Priced higher than the US and unavailable most of the holiday shopping season.

Mortal Combat is 100%. Space Invaders likely to come (already available in Europe). Others, who knows. Hope for something cool like Qbert or Donkey Kong..
The majority of the US is back at $299 though, they did the price drop to $199 and then jacked them back up. Like us, only a handful of stores have the lower clearance prices.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see Nintendo games like Donkey Kong as the rights will be too expensive and they probably wouldn't want anyone else licensing their games anyways.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3926 posts
691 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:00 am
Thank you!
It worked for me and got PM for $175
I did exactly what you mentioned and got it on first reply.
Denied 4 times when I replied to my original email Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Good job! That's my method I shared and I keep getting rejected on the $175 PM...lol Weird enough I keep getting a reply from the same lady when in the past my email replies always came from different people.
Oct 31, 2007
3360 posts
444 upvotes
So on the topic of risers (or lack thereof) what's everyone using to raise them up? I saw earlier in the thread the IKEA Lack side table works well though I wouldn't want it to get bumped off. Are people just not rising them or maybe using existing furniture?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9743 posts
2422 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:22 am
The majority of the US is back at $299 though, they did the price drop to $199 and then jacked them back up. Like us, only a handful of stores have the lower clearance prices.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see Nintendo games like Donkey Kong as the rights will be too expensive and they probably wouldn't want anyone else licensing their games anyways.
Some were actually on-line at walmart.com for $199 with free shipping so anyone could get them. The $125 to $175 pricepoints were less common but widespread from what I see on Facebook.

You are right on Donkey Kong. Wishful thinking LOL.

Having Galaga, PacMan now with a SF Pi conversion on the way, my dreams have all come true so I won't be disappointed by whatever follows.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3926 posts
691 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 12:16 pm
Having Galaga, PacMan now with a SF Pi conversion on the way, my dreams have all come true so I won't be disappointed by whatever follows.
I have pacman, rampage and SF and would like to get Galaga but haven't had a chance to run across the border. Will also pick up centipede if I can get it discounted and for sure will pick up MK if we get wave 2
Mar 15, 2010
602 posts
138 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:26 am
Good job! That's my method I shared and I keep getting rejected on the $175 PM...lol Weird enough I keep getting a reply from the same lady when in the past my email replies always came from different people.
Don’t reply right away abd start a new email and remove the incedint ID from the subject line
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3926 posts
691 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 12:50 pm
Don’t reply right away abd start a new email and remove the incedint ID from the subject line
I do everytime :)
Mar 15, 2010
602 posts
138 upvotes
hill15 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 8:24 pm
Buffalo, NY
too close to the border that is why its at that price :-)
Apr 5, 2008
38 posts
5 upvotes
Anybody have any suggestions? Would eBay be my best bet?
74Draven wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 4:20 pm
I'm a real noob with this stuff. Can anyone recommend a decent (affordable, good quality) set of replacement joysticks, buttons, usb encoders, etc. Looking for the ones that have the nut to tighten. It's for a Street Fighter cabinet.

Also, in doing a full Retropie mod, I'll need to get an amplifier in order for the speaker(s) to work? Or I've also seen some talk of using pc speakers...I believe they would plug directly into the LCD controller board. Does that sound right?

Thank you all in advance.
Jun 16, 2009
940 posts
823 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 11:17 am
I can't see Q-Bert since the control scheme is so specific to that game. The controls are diagonal, and I can't think of another game that uses that scheme.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
May 13, 2012
309 posts
146 upvotes
Edmonton
b0ne wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 10:22 am
It's like kijiji/craigslist, only need one sucker to overpay. :-)
Yeah and there seems to be lots of them here in Edmonton, most stores where sold out even before the boxing day meagre price drop.
When I finally saw some in stock I asked the manager if they would price match another store lower price, he said that is at the manager discretion and no reason for his store to do since they were selling very well at the normal price.