PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 10:40 pm
Dec 15, 2008
35 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks to whoever posted the SQ1 receipt when these were on sale for clearance for $175 on Jan 1st. I have been able to score SF2 locally by price matching at that price, and Pacman at another location outside of the city for the same. Hope my receipts help someone. As swales indicated above, it is at the Manager's discretion to price match, so don't give up easily, make your case and don't let the CSR just make a phone call, ask to see the manager. When doing so, I was successful both times. Be reasonable and polite, and be assertive to plead your case, do mention if you are driving in from afar as well.
Images
  • 20190104_163503.jpg
  • 49829589_511745202566680_6842938480935305216_n.jpg
Mar 23, 2005
430 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoR wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:30 pm
Thanks to whoever posted the SQ1 receipt when these were on sale for clearance for $175 on Jan 1st. I have been able to score SF2 locally by price matching at that price, and Pacman at another location outside of the city for the same. Hope my receipts help someone. As swales indicated above, it is at the Manager's discretion to price match, so don't give up easily, make your case and don't let the CSR just make a phone call, ask to see the manager. When doing so, I was successful both times. Be reasonable and polite, and be assertive to plead your case, do mention if you are driving in from afar as well.
Was there a picture of this $175 price in-store or in flyer? Inmy experience, they'll ask for that
Dec 15, 2008
35 posts
22 upvotes
I showed it to them at the first store, however the second, the smoking gun is the actual receipt. If you look on page 75 onwards, someone had posted it from SQ1.

edit: found it
Images
  • 20190101_140045.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3838 posts
655 upvotes
alias_neo wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:37 pm
Was there a picture of this $175 price in-store or in flyer? Inmy experience, they'll ask for that
The key is to cut the "clearance " from the pic as in store and online are not supposed to PM clearance prices. Best to try with receipts posted.
Dec 15, 2008
35 posts
22 upvotes
yup, on point, that was their argument as well "we don't price match clearance items" but I stayed on it and got R done :)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3838 posts
655 upvotes
alias_neo wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:24 pm
So my solution is essentially buying the arcade again but online this time so I can price match it and then returning my old one? Honestly, this seems so counter-intuitive and I almost don't wanna do it. I do have a friend that wants it for this price though... maybe wal-mart will budge when they see me with the physical arcade in the line ready to return the whole device lol and it might be a win-win for my friend and I.

If I do go through with this route, is it possible to price match before purchasing or do we try matching after? Also, how are returns dealt with online?

The problem is walmart stores and walmart online are actually two separate businesses so while it seems counter productive and annoying it's really the only way to do it unless again the manager agrees to bend the rules. There have been others here that have tried and store CSR's just took back the built units and gave a refund so it's a huge YMMV.

The best way is to buy first online and then request a PM, I've tried both ways and it's much quicker and easier to buy first. Online returns are done at the store.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9286 posts
1955 upvotes
New cabinets are up!

Games officially leaked on Arcade 1 Up's website. MK2, Final Fight, Golden Tee and Space Invaders.

Golden Tee should be huge for basement bars...

https://www.arcade1up.com
Jan 30, 2010
577 posts
263 upvotes
North Battleford
Hopefully things like a control panel overlay will be standard on the 2nd round of cabinets
Jun 16, 2009
742 posts
644 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:44 pm
New cabinets are up!

Games officially leaked on Arcade 1 Up's website. MK2, Final Fight, Golden Tee and Space Invaders.

Off on the side of the Space Invaders cab, it says PLUS KARATE CHAMP. I assume that's a separate cabinet, funny how they didn't fit it in as an image. I used to love that game and still have the moves etched in my brain.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9286 posts
1955 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 6:50 am
Off on the side of the Space Invaders cab, it says PLUS KARATE CHAMP. I assume that's a separate cabinet, funny how they didn't fit it in as an image. I used to love that game and still have the moves etched in my brain.
Must be a separate cab. It was made by Data East so maybe thy throw in Burger Time, Bad Dudes or Caveman Ninja?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9286 posts
1955 upvotes
TorontoR wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 5:30 pm
Glad it worked for you.

I bought 2 at the time - one for me and one for my neighbor. Just waiting on parts, they are both being converted to Pi machines.
Nov 16, 2018
22 posts
23 upvotes
The only one that really interest me for round 2 is Final Fight. Mortal Kombat is cool but I already have the Street Fighter and I have owned full sized Golden Tees before and not a big fan. Will be interesting to see what other game are on the Space Invaders cabinet because I am not a big fan of the space invaders game itself. I know Donkey Kong is Nintendo but if they came out with that one I'd be all over that game.
Mar 15, 2010
575 posts
133 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:44 pm
New cabinets are up!

I ended up with both Raspberry PI and PC in my SF cabinet so my wallet is safe.
SF V looks so good on this cabinet :-)
Cant wait for Mortal Kombat 11 next year!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9286 posts
1955 upvotes
Dyno01 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:47 am
The only one that really interest me for round 2 is Final Fight. Mortal Kombat is cool but I already have the Street Fighter and I have owned full sized Golden Tees before and not a big fan. Will be interesting to see what other game are on the Space Invaders cabinet because I am not a big fan of the space invaders game itself. I know Donkey Kong is Nintendo but if they came out with that one I'd be all over that game.
Space invaders is just that.. see below :

Final Fight Cabinet (Feb):Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts 'N Goblins, StriderFINAL FIGHT® ©CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. 1989, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. GHOSTS 'GOBLINS® ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 1985, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. STRIDER® ©MOTO KIKAKU. ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 1989, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 1944: THE LOOP MASTER ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2000, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Space Invaders Cabinet (Feb):Space Invaders Color, Space Invaders Black and White©TAITO CORPORATION 1978, 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Golden Tee Cabinet (June):GT Classic '01, Golden Tee '2k, Golden Tee '99, Golden Tee '98GOLDEN TEE® GOLF, ITS®, INCREDIBLE TECHNOLOGIES®, IT®, and IT incredible TECHNOLOGIES® are the properties of Incredible Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved. © Copyright 2018
Incredible Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable law. All other marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Mortal Kombat Cabinet (Sept):Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2, Mortal Kombat 3MORTAL KOMBAT KLASSIC and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB Games Logo: TM & © WBEI. (S15)

Karate Champ Cabinet (Sept):Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, Burger Time, Caveman Ninja©G-MODE Corporation DATA EAST and the DATA EAST logo(s) are trademarks in United States and other countries or registered trademarks in European Union and Japan of G-Mode Corporation