PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 10:40 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9286 posts
1955 upvotes
Mini cabs.. Want one of those stools

Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
3021 posts
62 upvotes
Here is a Walkthrough of their booth at CES...

Seize the Day!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3838 posts
655 upvotes
Noticed they applied wraps to their risers, I'm guessing they're going to start selling those too after seeing people selling them now. Too bad we'll never get any of those stools or accessories.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9286 posts
1955 upvotes
Carpe Diem wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:20 pm
Here is a Walkthrough of their booth at CES...

Got to wonder how much of that will ever see the light of a store. All looks cool but I can't see Walmart carrying all that with piles of unsold ones from Christmas sitting in many stores.
Jun 16, 2009
742 posts
644 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:10 pm
Mini cabs.. Want one of those stools

I really like the Pac-man stool from what I can see
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Jun 16, 2009
742 posts
644 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 3:02 pm
actually it really depends on if you want this for a one or two player set up.

personally I believe these small machines are more suited for one player games so I would rather have an Asteroids/Pac Man/Centipede cabinet as the street fighter one is the least appealing to me looks wise.
Actually, for modding you want the one with the most control compatability, never mind amount of players. Asteroids would be the least appealing, no joystick. Pac Man's controls are limited to up-down-left-right and no buttons apart from player select. Centipede is restricted to roller games, and there weren't many of those.
Street Fighter would make the most sense since it has the most buttons and a stick that hits all 8 axis.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3015 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 7:39 pm
Actually, for modding you want the one with the most control compatability, never mind amount of players. Asteroids would be the least appealing, no joystick. Pac Man's controls are limited to up-down-left-right and no buttons apart from player select. Centipede is restricted to roller games, and there weren't many of those.
Street Fighter would make the most sense since it has the most buttons and a stick that hits all 8 axis.
well if you are modding/gutting the thing then i want the most appealing cabinet since you wont be using anything else.

i would add a joystick, another button maybe, and possibly a trackball to a cabinet to make it as complete of a one player cab that i can get.

again this is me since i would use it mostly for one player and want the most appealing cabinet.
Jun 16, 2009
742 posts
644 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 7:51 pm
well if you are modding/gutting the thing then i want the most appealing cabinet since you wont be using anything else.

i would add a joystick, another button maybe, and possibly a trackball to a cabinet to make it as complete of a one player cab that i can get.

again this is me since i would use it mostly for one player and want the most appealing cabinet.
Sure you could do that, not disagreeing. But once you go that route its probably better to get a custom cabinet you can purchase or made for you.
In buying a 1Up, I'm not sure people mean to gut it to that extent. The mod is usually a simple Pi being switched for the built in computer. Getting the prettiest cabinet for the artwork, then drilling holes in the joystick board, seems odd to me. Changing the joystick board out would mean having to get some artwork done on it, sort of defeating the purpose of the money you saved.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3838 posts
655 upvotes
Also noticed the cocktail arcade was a 12-1 so wonder what games it has besides SF as that's the art work it has
May 13, 2012
303 posts
138 upvotes
Edmonton
Rampage is back in stock on Walmart, planing to order one and see if I can price match it.
I was able to do the price mtach for Street Fighter at $197 from the Quebec store and Centipede $200 using Dyno01 receipt posted some pages back.
I wonder if anyone got a Rampage receipt for $197/$200? I don't recall anyone posting a Rampage receipt at that price point but if I can find one will give it a shot.
3838 posts
655 upvotes
Latest WM online rejection excuses: Must be within your postal code range and we must have an in store picture of the price
Mar 15, 2010
575 posts
133 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:30 am
Latest WM online rejection excuses: Must be within your postal code range and we must have an in store picture of the price
Postal code is new!!!!
Must be from csr’s decline hand book 🤣
I’m outside my return/ pm so $175 was my last PM.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3015 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 8:21 pm
Sure you could do that, not disagreeing. But once you go that route its probably better to get a custom cabinet you can purchase or made for you.
In buying a 1Up, I'm not sure people mean to gut it to that extent. The mod is usually a simple Pi being switched for the built in computer. Getting the prettiest cabinet for the artwork, then drilling holes in the joystick board, seems odd to me. Changing the joystick board out would mean having to get some artwork done on it, sort of defeating the purpose of the money you saved.
really ? from what I see they gut the whole thing and just use the cabinet and monitor - not to mention the people that go to the extreme with the mods.

from that perspective I would think getting the cabinet that looks best would be the main objective since that is mostly what you are keeping.

and there are plenty of spots on the stock control panels to add either a joytick or buttons without ruining it or the artwork.
Last edited by dchabby on Jan 9th, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.