PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 1:47 am
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2335 posts
285 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:08 pm
Well that's a kick in the teeth for us early adopters. Maybe I should just return the Pacman I already have.
yeah, that sucks, because most of us that bought wanted the riser anyways, make it more authentic feel standing up, rather then sitting on stools
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
Some details:

Upgraded controls on all new models

A replacement spinner will be offered, but it will be a separate purchase.

MK should be release before Fathers Day - June 16, 2019.

The stools will come in two sizes, tall and short, price will be MSRP $49.99 for both. 4th Quarter release date expected.

Counter-cades MSRP will be $179.99; they weight about 5 lbs. Screens size depends on the machine, Dig-Dug appears to have an a 8 inch screen. 4th Quarter release date expected. Cord powered.

Wall-cades MSRP will be $199.99; they weight about 20 lbs. 12 inch screens. Can be mounted on a Wall, Door or Desk (with included feet attached). 4th Quarter release date expected. Joust is on the Defender version. 4th Quarter release date expected. Cord powered.

No pricing on cocktail… Details are really light on these as they are still in development, but they are listening to our thoughts on these. So tell them what you want to see on the cocktail units.

No details on the Risers with graphics... yet...

No more pre-orders.. they know it was a mess.

They are looking at 4 player games.

First wave games should still be available in some fashion.
Nov 16, 2018
22 posts
23 upvotes
There wait times on the phone are painful, had to call them 2 days in a row and waited almost 90 minutes each time. I called yesterday because the sent me a replacement PCBA for my Rampage since mine had the Gauntlet glitch and the one they sent died on me after a few days so I had to put the one with the glitch back in until the second replacement PCBA. The customer service people have been great every time I have called . I had to order a new LCD screen for my Centipede and I sure hope it doesn’t take 3 months to arrive. As for Best Buy selling them online , when will they start carrying them ? I am tired of dealing with Wal Mart online. Hopefully Best Buy sells them cheaper than Wal Mart online has been .
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
Wouldn't count on better prices at Best Buy. Availability and customer service will be better though.

Honestly a lot of the issues are the Canadian distributor. Walmart can't sell what it doesn't get like risers and specific models.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1061 posts
950 upvotes
dchabby wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:49 am
really ? from what I see they gut the whole thing and just use the cabinet and monitor - not to mention the people that go to the extreme with the mods.

from that perspective I would think getting the cabinet that looks best would be the main objective since that is mostly what you are keeping.

and there are plenty of spots on the stock control panels to add either a joytick or buttons without ruining it or the artwork.
Well from this thread I'm noticing people changing out buttons, sticks, and even the monitors in some cases. Maybe I've missed where someone is buying the cab for the graphics and gutting the whole control panel, but this is just a small sample of purchasers.
There are physical spots on the panel, but I think its safe to say it would change (ruin) the graphical layout of the cab. They arent just empty spaces with random lines, but include graphical flourishes that the original cab had. That was the original design, making it an important part of the experience to me. Drilling a hole in those spots would mess with the overall visual aesthetic of the cabinet. It would definitely ruin the artwork.
Of course people are free to mod it to fit their needs, this looks like a very affordable cab to mess around with. If the cab's artwork is the most important thing, by all means making a new joystick board is a good idea. Something to think about though, a lot of people actually like the look of Street Fighter 2!

Admittedly, I'm not in that company Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Oct 31, 2007
3364 posts
445 upvotes
Has anyone who has done the Raspberry Pi mod been able to utilize the existing power button to turn on and off the Raspberry Pi and display? Or any other solution? The challenge is the Pi should be shut down "gently" rather than just a hard power cut. Wondering how I'm going to manage that.

EDIT: Think I found my own answer here.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:56 pm
Has anyone who has done the Raspberry Pi mod been able to utilize the existing power button to turn on and off the Raspberry Pi and display? Or any other solution? The challenge is the Pi should be shut down "gently" rather than just a hard power cut. Wondering how I'm going to manage that.

EDIT: Think I found my own answer here.
Looks like a bit of work :-(
Mar 15, 2010
609 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kool1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:10 am
Also some images already have the script built in
You just have to run it
Be carful with pins ... you can easily fry your Pi
Oct 31, 2007
3364 posts
445 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 9:10 am
huh? It looks like just plugging the existing power switch into the Pi (and yes, triple checking which pins on the Pi you are using!!)
Then flipping the physical switch if the on/off being opposite is annoying enough.

Volume seems a bit more work I guess but still not bad, though that part doesn't apply to me as I won't be using stock speaker.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 10:29 am
huh? It looks like just plugging the existing power switch into the Pi (and yes, triple checking which pins on the Pi you are using!!)
Then flipping the physical switch if the on/off being opposite is annoying enough.

Volume seems a bit more work I guess but still not bad, though that part doesn't apply to me as I won't be using stock speaker.
Oh that's what I meant - doing all of that. The power button looks ok by itself.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
Price down to $150 in Cowansville, QC Man I wish my local stores would drop to this
Mar 15, 2010
609 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
swales wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:03 pm
Price down to $150 in Cowansville, QC Man I wish my local stores would drop to this
Do you have pic?
I’m outside of pm but it’s worth to try Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You never know
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:06 pm
Do you have pic?
I’m outside of pm but it’s worth to try Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You never know
Nope, just saw on the price tracker.

PM'ing is a lot harder now, the RFD effect happened after the post in hot deals as now without even reading your request they automatically reply they don't PM the clearance price of SF even if you're not even asking about SF...lol
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2540 posts
935 upvotes
QC, Canada
I'm about 200km from cowansville. I wonder if they'll price match in store
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
koontzy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:33 pm
I'm about 200km from cowansville. I wonder if they'll price match in store
You can try but policy is to not PM other Walmart stores but if you get a nice manager it might happen.