PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 9:51 pm
Mar 15, 2010
575 posts
132 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:03 pm
Price down to $150 in Cowansville, QC Man I wish my local stores would drop to this
Do you have pic?
I’m outside of pm but it’s worth to try Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You never know
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3825 posts
652 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:06 pm
Do you have pic?
I’m outside of pm but it’s worth to try Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
You never know
Nope, just saw on the price tracker.

PM'ing is a lot harder now, the RFD effect happened after the post in hot deals as now without even reading your request they automatically reply they don't PM the clearance price of SF even if you're not even asking about SF...lol
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2397 posts
833 upvotes
QC, Canada
I'm about 200km from cowansville. I wonder if they'll price match in store
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3825 posts
652 upvotes
koontzy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:33 pm
I'm about 200km from cowansville. I wonder if they'll price match in store
You can try but policy is to not PM other Walmart stores but if you get a nice manager it might happen.
Feb 5, 2004
932 posts
52 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:56 pm
Has anyone who has done the Raspberry Pi mod been able to utilize the existing power button to turn on and off the Raspberry Pi and display? Or any other solution? The challenge is the Pi should be shut down "gently" rather than just a hard power cut. Wondering how I'm going to manage that.

EDIT: Think I found my own answer here.
That method is good and I might try it. But as it says in the instructions, it only powers off the Pi.

Anything else connected to the power bar will still be on (i.e. monitor in sleep mode, speakers/amp, etc).

Some people will get around this by using a Wfi plug or Google home type device to power everything off.

For a previous mini arcade build I used an Iot relay so once the Pi powers off, everything else plugged in will shut off. You would need a shutdown circuit.

Here is a very good guide that can help. (It was also posted by someone else in this thread previously).

Another option might be a master switch on the outside of the case such as this one linked here.
Oct 31, 2007
3319 posts
396 upvotes
uddinf wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:44 pm
That method is good and I might try it. But as it says in the instructions, it only powers off the Pi.

Anything else connected to the power bar will still be on (i.e. monitor in sleep mode, speakers/amp, etc).

Some people will get around this by using a Wfi plug or Google home type device to power everything off.

For a previous mini arcade build I used an Iot relay so once the Pi powers off, everything else plugged in will shut off. You would need a shutdown circuit.

Here is a very good guide that can help. (It was also posted by someone else in this thread previously).

Another option might be a master switch on the outside of the case such as this one linked here.
Problem with a Wifi plug is that it is a hard shut off, as far as I know Retropie likes to be shut down "gently". I guess one possibility is wiring the stock power button as per the instructions I linked and powering that down first then powering down the whole power bar with a wifi plug. My soldering sucks so not sure I can try the other two links you posted, as well as I need to stop pouring money into this thing and they both require extra parts :D

My kids play it a bit so I'm looking for the easiest shut down or else it won't get shut down at all, that's why I like the idea of using the stock button. The link says once the Pi goes down the monitor complains about no input then shuts off too, and I'm not sure I'm too concerned the amp (or computer speakers in the case of my mod) being left on.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3007 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
i know someone posted it on here before but can anyone let me know what cheap usb encoders you are using for your mods ?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2397 posts
833 upvotes
QC, Canada
hill15 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 6:40 am
Saw this on kijji.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-consoles-other/grande-prairie/1up-arcade-machines/1405128922?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Lol saw one for 600$ around me lol
Jan 30, 2010
577 posts
263 upvotes
North Battleford
uddinf wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:44 pm

I just installed a smart power bar in my mame arcade machine with a PC inside. Once the computer shuts down everything plugged into the power bar shuts off. Works good with a pc but I'm not sure if it works with a Pi
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2660 posts
370 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks for the tips everyone. I put an online order in yesterday morning, submitted an ad match email for $197 in the afternoon, and got an approval email this morning. Price will be adjusted once shipped. HADUKEN!!!

I didn't try for $175 as it seems that was get declined more than the $197 requests.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5914 posts
600 upvotes
Mississauga
KenA wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 10:42 am
Thanks for the tips everyone. I put an online order in yesterday morning, submitted an ad match email for $197 in the afternoon, and got an approval email this morning. Price will be adjusted once shipped. HADUKEN!!!

I didn't try for $175 as it seems that was get declined more than the $197 requests.

Can you provide a copy of what you sent? I've been trying to do the $175 PM request but been getting declined all week
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2660 posts
370 upvotes
Winnipeg
Longobongo wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:06 pm
Can you provide a copy of what you sent? I've been trying to do the $175 PM request but been getting declined all week
Like I said... Try a $197 pm and send in the photos and receipt from earlier posts. Seems $175 successes are slim.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15474 posts
3872 upvotes
Back to $399 at the Thunder Bay Supercenter. All that remain are Street Fighter. Other stores might have others in stock but I was unable to check.
Dec 15, 2008
33 posts
20 upvotes
Just got the risers, wish they had the same graphics as the cabs but oh well. Completely changed the look and also the game play experience now being more at 'regulation' height. Loving it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Miketheman109