PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 1:47 am
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
hill15 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:51 pm
It's worth a try to buy online and price match online. You have 90 days to return. I believe you can return by having Canada Post pick up at your place.
Oh man, I'd feel so bad for my Canada Post gal :(
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
I just grabbed a riser at Walmart in Ajax...thank you stock.ga! It was the only one, and was a return...apparently it was there for a few days...bit of a hike though. Guess I just had to have it right now. I'm pretty sure these risers are going to be cheaper though with the second wave of releases, especially with Best Buy coming on a distributor too...I'm sure they will have a sale on it sooner rather than later. I just had to get it because I'm almost done my Retropie build :D

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
kzod wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:32 pm
Went to treasure hunt. Only have demo units available. Grabbed last unit still boxed (but clearly a returned unit, fingers crossed. I still heaven't opened it). Everything else on floor was either physically damaged or internal defects. Wouldn't start up &/or run for the few I tried.
Which store? Mississauga?

I went yesterday but they were closed Mondays which is just odd.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
deezz wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 2:42 pm
I am fully enjoying the modding process of my unit...it has been a lot of fun. I am blown away by what the Raspberry Pi can do....and how damn COOL it is to have this retro gaming arcade machine in my house!! And I do love the fact that this thing is 3/4 scale, a fraction of the price of a full arcade setup, and way lighter too. It looks beautiful :) To me, with the whole mod process, it has been worth every penny :)
Just got my video converters today for the screen - can't wait for my joysticks to come.

Really looking forward to converting the Street Fighter also,

Still playing my pac-man and galaga almost every day.
Sep 30, 2009
327 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
kool1 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:46 pm

Me too. That's the second time we hit a store on the same day.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3133 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
nothing at the treasure hunt in burlington - checking the waterdown one tonight
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
I finished my SF retropie mod on the weekend, only negative is I should of done it sooner :)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10367 posts
565 upvotes
Mississauga
dchabby wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:07 pm
nothing at the treasure hunt in burlington - checking the waterdown one tonight
Went again today to the Mississauga store. They got even more units this week, but a few badly damaged ones. They have none remaining in boxes, but they got even more assembled units, including 2 centipedes and 1 rampage.

Has anyone who bought the Rampage model get the replacement board for the Gaunlet issue?
Nov 3, 2008
519 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:46 pm

Yes, Mississauga. My box looked bad, and some screws and dowels are missing or damaged. :(
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10367 posts
565 upvotes
Mississauga
kzod wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:38 pm
Yes, Mississauga. My box looked bad, and some screws and dowels are missing or damaged. :(
Was it the PacMan unit? My Rampage unit still had the factory glue on it, and there was someone else there buying a boxed SF unit at the same time which looked sealed. The 3 Pac Man boxes looked like they had been opened at least once.
Jan 14, 2019
19 posts
5 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:17 am
Finally managed to get WM online to PM Pacman and Rampage for $175 and SF for $150. Here's a pic to help people out with the $150 PM
Sorry for being a noob, can anyone tell me the steps I need to go through to use this picture to get Street Fighter for 150?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:53 pm
Just got my video converters today for the screen - can't wait for my joysticks to come.

Really looking forward to converting the Street Fighter also,

Still playing my pac-man and galaga almost every day.
I really wish we got the 12 in 1...I really want the trackball and spinner built in together! :)

Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
kzod wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 5:38 pm
Glad I didn't go again today. I almost drove over at lunch. Thanks!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
deezz wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 6:18 pm
I really wish we got the 12 in 1...I really want the trackball and spinner built in together! :)
It still may come to Canada. If not maybe I will find it in March when I'm down in New york with my car.