PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 1:47 am
Nov 16, 2018
22 posts
23 upvotes
I did get the replacement board for my Rampage because it had the Gauntlet issue, but the new board lasted about a day then died on me. I had to put the original board back in that has the glitch for now and Arcade1up is sending me another new board for my Rampage.
Nov 3, 2008
519 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
So, I got it put together, works great but no sound. Bad speaker? Board? Will that matter if I install retropie? Don't know if I can find another.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
kzod wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:31 pm
So, I got it put together, works great but no sound. Bad speaker? Board? Will that matter if I install retropie? Don't know if I can find another.
If doing retropie you would want to upgrade the speaker anyways and preferably to stereo sound so two speakers or soundbar
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1062 posts
950 upvotes
Just perused the Treasure Hunt in Brampton. Either I really suck at hunting for treasure, or they didn't have a single one.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1704 posts
290 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:50 pm
Just perused the Treasure Hunt in Brampton. Either I really suck at hunting for treasure, or they didn't have a single one.
Ya I passed by earlier today, couldn't find a thing.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1704 posts
290 upvotes
swales wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:17 am
Finally managed to get WM online to PM Pacman and Rampage for $175 and SF for $150. Here's a pic to help people out with the $150 PM
How did you manage to price match pacman if its sold out online?
Oct 31, 2007
3366 posts
445 upvotes
wow big thanks for the tip and photo for the $150 SFII. I was pretty happy with $197 and got denied at $175 due to clearance and didn't push it much. Figured I'd throw them a $150 and they asked what location it was for. When I told them I figured they'd come back with the "out of area code" excuse that others are getting but they price matched it right away, nice! Great deal!! That pays for some more of my mod :P
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
kzod wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:31 pm
Perhaps you can determine if it's the board or the speaker by plugging in speakers or headphones into the audio out jack on the board if it has one? I don't remember if it does though, as I don't have mine in front of me. But I did the RetroPie mod, and the new board that I used has a 3.5 mm audio out jack on it, so I'm using a pair of stereo speakers plugged in there.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3934 posts
691 upvotes
machoman wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 9:51 pm
How did you manage to price match pacman if its sold out online?
I bought it when they had stock and asked for a new price adjustment based on the in store receipt. They don't have to have stock online to do a PM on a previous purchase.
Oct 31, 2007
3366 posts
445 upvotes
hill15 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 8:43 am
Did you submit online or call in. What area did you tell them, Quebec.
Everything I did was online. Ordered @ 329 price online on Dec 29. Had it price adjusted to $250 and then $197 before it even shipped. Sometime around there was when I was denied the $175. Picked up in store on Jan 8. Emailed yesterday for the $150 and got the refund email this morning.
Oct 31, 2007
3366 posts
445 upvotes
deezz wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 9:24 am
Perhaps you can determine if it's the board or the speaker by plugging in speakers or headphones into the audio out jack on the board if it has one? I don't remember if it does though, as I don't have mine in front of me. But I did the RetroPie mod, and the new board that I used has a 3.5 mm audio out jack on it, so I'm using a pair of stereo speakers plugged in there.
Curious how did you mount the speakers? I plan to use computer speakers into the LCD board also, but not sure if I should run the speakers outside the cabinet, but then where to put them, or if sound will work just leaving them inside. Or perhaps it needs some speaker holes drilled.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3134 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
was originally denied on PM with $150 price due to clearance price. I replied back saying it isnt a clearance price, it is a sale price at a local store and got it done !

unfortunately they only PM'd the street fighter cab and not the centipede one that i had bought at the same time.

wondering if i should go back to them again or not.

Also no units at Treasure Hunt Waterdown.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4872 posts
1130 upvotes
nufan wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 10:14 am
Curious how did you mount the speakers? I plan to use computer speakers into the LCD board also, but not sure if I should run the speakers outside the cabinet, but then where to put them, or if sound will work just leaving them inside. Or perhaps it needs some speaker holes drilled.
Right now they're just sitting inside the cabinet. They're a pair of Logitech speakers that get plenty loud. I've had them sitting around forever, saving them, waiting to be used for something awesome like this project! Coming from inside the cabinet gets some pretty authentic old school arcade sound :) but I'm thinking of mounting them up top though with some double sided sticky tape...
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3134 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
hill15 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 11:35 am
When you say you replied back, do you mean to the same email they sent you. Or did you call to talk to someone and get it adjusted. I got denied as well, saying it was clearance. I guess it all depends on the agent you get.
i replied back to the same email that they sent me. I see that it was a different rep that got back to me the second time, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Actually ive used the same email chain that i originally used to get the first PM at $197, then $175 and now $150.
Jun 11, 2016
356 posts
358 upvotes
Went to the local Walmart (GMA), had 7 units available (Walmart.ca showed this location as "sold out")
Their units were listed at 399$ and they stated they do not match clearance prices from other Walmarts.