Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco.ca

Arcan 3 ton Aluminum/Steel Floor Jack $139.99 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2020 1:23 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41801 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
bushcrafter wrote: I have a Nissan Xterra. Does anyone know if it lifts high enough and can be used for trucks and SUVs?
I have the CT 3-ton and can lift the entire front end of my Explorer, but I'm quick to put jack stands at both axles and then drop the jack ASAP!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SUVs don't have that high of a clearance ;)
The Xterra have about 9 inch?

Mine is scheduled for delivery by end of day!
Aug 23, 2014
53 posts
60 upvotes
Macdonald, MB
Daijoubu wrote: SUVs don't have that high of a clearance ;)
The Xterra have about 9 inch?

Mine is scheduled for delivery by end of day!
I was talking about the real suvs not the fake ones(cross over) ;). Nowadays most of the people mistake real suvs (body on frame) with cross overs(unibody). Mine has 265/70/16 BF goodrich rugged AT tires on so need sth with high lift.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
qaz393 wrote: 18 inches might be questionable....... i go for the harbor freight ones or the canadian tire daytona at 24 inches
When I had the Honda Pilot, I needed at least 21" to get the wheels off the floor so 18" wasn't high enough. You need to measure how high the vehicle's existing height is to find out the required lifting height for the jack.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
You just need to put the jack in the right spot. Sometimes the factory jack points are fairly high up. But if you're short on reach, you can put the jack under the lower control arm.

Remember, when you're changing a tire on the side of the road, the jack is the only thing supporting the vehicle. It has to be a safe, secure place. But when you're doing work at home, the jack only lifts the car until you put jackstands under the frame and remove the jack. So you can use a less secure jack point, like the LCA or the differential.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
And/or add a hockey puck :)
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4250 posts
460 upvotes
This looks like the Princess Auto jack that I got years ago for $200. At this price I would highly recommend it. Even at $200 I had zero regrets relative to the crappy tire jack it was replacing.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
RastaManMax wrote: This looks like the Princess Auto jack that I got years ago for $200. At this price I would highly recommend it. Even at $200 I had zero regrets relative to the crappy tire jack it was replacing.
which one from princess?
Nov 23, 2016
115 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have experience using it under a pickup?
Sep 9, 2008
688 posts
180 upvotes
Mississauga
The Torin in store has a range of 3.6" - 18.1" and also includes an adapter which adds another ~ 4" to the lifting range. Yes it is heavier, but you are rolling it on the floor anyways, so I don't see that as a big deal for me personally.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
19893 posts
4112 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
sweetcheese wrote: Anyone have experience using it under a pickup?

i6s1 wrote: I've got the Arcan one. I got it at a US Costco when the dollar was better. It's a pretty nice jack. I used to keep it my back shed cause I was worried about it getting stolen from my carport. So it was nice to have less weight. I use it on my 8000lb diesel pickup so I'm sure it's got enough power for the average home user. Also no rustime despite 4 years of outdoor storage.
i6s1 wrote: I use mine on my 3/4 ton diesel pickup.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
mine got shipped today, anyone else got confirmation?
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
May 19, 2009
72 posts
29 upvotes
sweetcheese wrote: Anyone have experience using it under a pickup?
I also use it on my 2007 F150. 4x4, 2" level. No issues or need for additional height. Love the thing...
Apr 5, 2007
143 posts
41 upvotes
i6s1 wrote: You just need to put the jack in the right spot. Sometimes the factory jack points are fairly high up. But if you're short on reach, you can put the jack under the lower control arm.

Remember, when you're changing a tire on the side of the road, the jack is the only thing supporting the vehicle. It has to be a safe, secure place. But when you're doing work at home, the jack only lifts the car until you put jackstands under the frame and remove the jack. So you can use a less secure jack point, like the LCA or the differential.
Apparently this is an annoying issue when it comes to a lot of cars. If you just jack up your car by the side pinch welds, you run the risk of bending them. Unfortunately for me, Subaru doesn't give any alternative jacking points for this car (though people online have their suggestions). Anyways, as a test, I decided to first jack my car up using the jack that comes in the trunk, and the point of contact is definitely not the pinch weld. The jack has a gap for the pinch weld to fit in, but doesn't actually touch it as far as I can tell (for my car, the point of contact is immediately behind the pinch weld). I've been considering getting an adapter off ebay, but the prices are pretty bad due to shipping.
Nov 22, 2004
334 posts
70 upvotes
Mississauga
Rlcky wrote: mine got shipped today, anyone else got confirmation?
Mine got shipped today too..
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
Octanum wrote: Apparently this is an annoying issue when it comes to a lot of cars. If you just jack up your car by the side pinch welds, you run the risk of bending them. Unfortunately for me, Subaru doesn't give any alternative jacking points for this car (though people online have their suggestions). Anyways, as a test, I decided to first jack my car up using the jack that comes in the trunk, and the point of contact is definitely not the pinch weld. The jack has a gap for the pinch weld to fit in, but doesn't actually touch it as far as I can tell (for my car, the point of contact is immediately behind the pinch weld). I've been considering getting an adapter off ebay, but the prices are pretty bad due to shipping.
Unless you have something like a Benz where the underside has a plastic cover, just use a solid part on the frame. Pinch welds are for the manufacturer provided service jack. I haven't used that spot once.
Dec 29, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
Ordered the jack from this thread, and it shipped today from ontario. i should get it by friday. free shipping for 50+lbs is amazing deal.

I am greatful for all the comments in this thread - my motomaster aluminum jack failed in May and it did a barrel-roll under the car while i was raising it. (always use jack stands). I have been looking for a replacement but could not find anything but that all steel torin jack at Costco Langley. just a bit too much jack to put in the mobile toolbox. this Arcan is just right.

It feels like i've been waiting forever for a better jack to come along. i was trolling princess, summit, even resorted to looking at CT again. I was going to buy the Home Depot 3T jack, but thank goodness i saw this thread.
Octanum wrote: If you just jack up your car by the side pinch welds, you run the risk of bending them. Unfortunately for me, Subaru doesn't give any alternative jacking points for this car

I've been considering getting an adapter off ebay, but the prices are pretty bad due to shipping.
you can DIY a cushioned adapter for jack points with pinch welds: dollar store hockey puck and file/saw/rout a groove across the diameter to accomodate the weld. The ones on ebay are made of urethane (like a skate wheel), but being a canadian site and all, pucks have enough give, and they're cheap enough to replace.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1764 posts
832 upvotes
Mine was delivered today.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Got rescheduled for tomorrow
Octanum wrote: Apparently this is an annoying issue when it comes to a lot of cars. If you just jack up your car by the side pinch welds, you run the risk of bending them. Unfortunately for me, Subaru doesn't give any alternative jacking points for this car (though people online have their suggestions). Anyways, as a test, I decided to first jack my car up using the jack that comes in the trunk, and the point of contact is definitely not the pinch weld. The jack has a gap for the pinch weld to fit in, but doesn't actually touch it as far as I can tell (for my car, the point of contact is immediately behind the pinch weld). I've been considering getting an adapter off ebay, but the prices are pretty bad due to shipping.
Get a hockey puck and put a slot in it