Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

SHAW CABLE. 10/10/10 Deal

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2011 2:38 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 2, 2005
360 posts
7 upvotes
Burnaby

[Shaw] SHAW CABLE. 10/10/10 Deal

Basic Cable,Basic Home phone, High Speed Internet. All 10 dollars each.
and a free rental PVR.

Also Shaw just got 3 more Chinese TV channel
521 Star Chinese Channel
522 Star Chinese Movie 2
523 Channel V Taiwan.

All 3 channel are Mandarin.
47 replies
Jun 7, 2010
9 posts
Vancouver
Terms and Conditions? Scan the offer? At least tell us where you found this info - THANKS!!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
Pavel wrote: Likely for new subscibers only.

Yep.
I got on this a while ago, go deal, but remember basic cable only goes to Channel 28... I couldn't live without Discovery, so I had to bump up to "Classic cable"
Jan 11, 2008
60 posts
7 upvotes
Penticton
How long do you get this rate for?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
nanle98 wrote: How long do you get this rate for?

12 months, for me at least
Jan 11, 2008
60 posts
7 upvotes
Penticton
raskal wrote: 12 months, for me at least

Hi, how long ago did you get this deal? I called last week, and they offered me $80 for hd basic, basic phone and extreme internet, but only for 6 months and wouldn't budge for 1 year.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
nanle98 wrote: Hi, how long ago did you get this deal? I called last week, and they offered me $80 for hd basic, basic phone and extreme internet, but only for 6 months and wouldn't budge for 1 year.

like I said above, 1 year.
but you're asking for HD and extreme internet. This is basic everything... the most basic possible.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1190 posts
501 upvotes
Abbotsford
It would be nice if we had a little more information, like the promo code, or a scan of the mailer
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9051 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
dscott01 wrote: It would be nice if we had a little more information, like the promo code, or a scan of the mailer

If you are a new subscriber you can just ask for the promo.
Jan 4, 2007
410 posts
140 upvotes
Vancouver
raskal wrote: If you are a new subscriber you can just ask for the promo.

I just called them and the CSR said they used to have this deal long time ago but they dont have it anymore and they dont match telus plans. The best he could offer is high speed extreme for 29.95/mnth fr 6 months. So no deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1713 posts
210 upvotes
raskal wrote: like I said above, 1 year.
but you're asking for HD and extreme internet. This is basic everything... the most basic possible.
What is the difference between basic cable and HD basic cable?

I need channels 2-59 at least... even though it's not HD. Don't know if HD Basic includes that or not.
nanle98 wrote: Hi, how long ago did you get this deal? I called last week, and they offered me $80 for hd basic, basic phone and extreme internet, but only for 6 months and wouldn't budge for 1 year.
Not bad.. they offered me the same thing but for 99.90 for lifetime. I'm thinking of going with it.. depending on what channels are included in the HD Basic.
raskal wrote: Yep.
I got on this a while ago, go deal, but remember basic cable only goes to Channel 28... I couldn't live without Discovery, so I had to bump up to "Classic cable"
What channels does classic cable give you and how much extra did it cost?
Once my dog ate all the Scrabble tiles. For days he kept leaving little messages around the house..........
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
1411 posts
401 upvotes
harryt wrote: Not bad.. they offered me the same thing but for 99.90 for lifetime. I'm thinking of going with it.. depending on what channels are included in the HD Basic.
Lifetime! Better get it in writing. :p
Fraud / Scam / Bad Business Practices (file a complaint) (CLICK HERE FOR LINKS!)

■░▒▓█ BC Liberals = HST! We shall not forget! █▓▒░■
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
514 upvotes
GVR
harryt wrote: What is the difference between basic cable and HD basic cable?

I need channels 2-59 at least... even though it's not HD. Don't know if HD Basic includes that or not.

Not bad.. they offered me the same thing but for 99.90 for lifetime. I'm thinking of going with it.. depending on what channels are included in the HD Basic.

What channels does classic cable give you and how much extra did it cost?

http://www.shaw.ca/cmsShawCA/Templates/ ... HINT=Guest

Basic cable = 2-28 and a few others. HD Basic (which is basically the same as Classic cable or Digital Cable in terms of channals) includes 2-58, some digital channels, and 200-215 (HD).
Mar 21, 2010
844 posts
273 upvotes
Edmonton
OP you might want to add "YMMV" in the title, this is very misleading.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1190 posts
501 upvotes
Abbotsford
raskal wrote: If you are a new subscriber you can just ask for the promo.
That's not true. A promo code is required, I've already called.
Dec 11, 2004
214 posts
23 upvotes
dscott01 wrote: That's not true. A promo code is required, I've already called.

Who has the promo code? Anyone have it????