Computers & Electronics

Need Headphones - total noob at buying headphones

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2011 9:45 am
Apr 10, 2008
180 posts
440 upvotes

Need Headphones - total noob at buying headphones

Hey guys, I need new headphones, willing to pay between 60$ to 90$... I want something comfy to wear all day at work.. you know big one, not earphones.

I really don't know anything. If you can help me just by saying brands or specs I need to check before buying one... Or links to deals, of course.

Thanks.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1440 posts
49 upvotes
Speedv1 wrote: Here you go.
Here you go another one lol

Personally I'd try to see if I could find myself some used ATH-M50 in your budget. Great cans, I enjoy mine for a variety of music genres.

+1 for the ATH-M50's. Amazon.com has them for $107, but you'll need to have them shipped to an ameri-friend...
Apr 10, 2008
180 posts
440 upvotes
thanks guys ! greatly appreciated !

If anyone can tell me where they would buy it ?.. amazon.ca ? or sites like tigerdirect.ca has those kind of stuff ?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1880 posts
95 upvotes
guccigirl101 wrote: thanks guys ! greatly appreciated !

If anyone can tell me where they would buy it ?.. amazon.ca ? or sites like tigerdirect.ca has those kind of stuff ?

I would say the used section on head-fi. I find the people there are generally friendly and helpful.

Buying from U.S. is generally cheaper than Canada.

BEWARE: It could get very addicting if you linger in high end audio and can damage your wallet!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
danns wrote: I would say the used section on head-fi. I find the people there are generally friendly and helpful.

Buying from U.S. is generally cheaper than Canada.

BEWARE: It could get very addicting if you linger in high end audio and can damage your wallet!

I've used Head-fi to buy used (actually I have a new pair in the mail today!). And it can definitely be cheaper - especially as there is a surplus of ATH-M50 in U.S. whereas not so much in Canada (as it's not sold up here.. to my knowledge).
Nom nom nom.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1472 posts
71 upvotes
Markham/GTA
+1 for ATH-M50S!
Speedv1 wrote: I've used Head-fi to buy used (actually I have a new pair in the mail today!). And it can definitely be cheaper - especially as there is a surplus of ATH-M50 in U.S. whereas not so much in Canada (as it's not sold up here.. to my knowledge).
Long & McQuade carry them, to the tune of $190+tax. :mad:
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
X20A wrote: +1 for ATH-M50S!

Long & McQuade carry them, to the tune of $190+tax. :mad:

Ha well that's fun. I had to pay ~$165CAD taxes in from ebay (a known seller of LEGIT ATH-M50s, not a knock off).
Nom nom nom.
Jan 2, 2007
223 posts
5 upvotes
Not sure if I should open a new thread but I'll risk it! :confused:

I am also looking for a set of headphones for my Grandpa so he can hear the TV, headset style and they need to have a volume control... doesn't have to be anything special... just cheap!

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
Matt723 wrote: Not sure if I should open a new thread but I'll risk it! :confused:

I am also looking for a set of headphones for my Grandpa so he can hear the TV, headset style and they need to have a volume control... doesn't have to be anything special... just cheap!

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

get a pair of wireless sennheiser.
Nov 2, 2006
59 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
You can try B&H, I think it comes up to ~134 USD shipped to Montreal.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
kb0i wrote: You can try B&H, I think it comes up to ~134 USD shipped to Montreal.

Shipped, including taxes and duties (to Ontario) is $143.xx.

Here's a link.
Nom nom nom.
Nov 2, 2006
59 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Speedv1 wrote: Shipped, including taxes and duties (to Ontario) is $143.xx.

Here's a link.
Montreal isn't in Ontario ;) (Last time I checked anyways)
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1247 posts
429 upvotes
Hd555, 595 or the m50's...you won't be disappointed by either. I'd probably opt for the 595's, but it seems they're a tad out of your range.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2623 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
kb0i wrote: You can try B&H, I think it comes up to ~134 USD shipped to Montreal.
Speedv1 wrote: Shipped, including taxes and duties (to Ontario) is $143.xx.

Here's a link.

anyone ever shop at B&H? never heard of it, wondering if it's legit
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
kb0i wrote: Montreal isn't in Ontario ;) (Last time I checked anyways)

Lol sorry I was giving an idea of shipping to Canada, and didn't check the OPs location.
Nom nom nom.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2005
1521 posts
149 upvotes
Guelph
Mugen123 wrote: anyone ever shop at B&H? never heard of it, wondering if it's legit

B&H is 100% legit. You don't have to worry about it's legitimacy.
Nom nom nom.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)