Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$10 off upgrade coupon Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind [Blu-ray]

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2011 1:56 pm
Tags:
None
65 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1278 posts
434 upvotes
great film!

Any word on what the best price is?
May 27, 2010
8 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, Ontario
Definitely gotta grab this when it comes out. I hope the coupon works this time, last time I tried to use it when they first were doing these printed coupons and none of the stores I went to accepted them, not even the Disney Store whom you would think would actually know about Disney's own promotions.

Also need to get it to support Studio Ghibli so they can continue to make movies and Disney can continue to bring out more of the classics on Blu-ray.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
SagiMewtwo wrote: Definitely gotta grab this when it comes out. I hope the coupon works this time, last time I tried to use it when they first were doing these printed coupons and none of the stores I went to accepted them, not even the Disney Store whom you would think would actually know about Disney's own promotions.

Also need to get it to support Studio Ghibli so they can continue to make movies and Disney can continue to bring out more of the classics on Blu-ray.

These coupons have been going for almost 1 year and a half now so a lot of stores are very aware of them and give less hassles. In fact, some stores offer (sometimes) their own version of the coupon like FS and Costco.

I recently bought Alice in Wonderland at Pharma Plus and the clerk asked me if I had the $10 coupon before I even took it out.
The only hassle you might get is trying to PM at FS or BB and using the coupon at the same time.
Nov 5, 2007
471 posts
53 upvotes
Sweet, thanks OP. This is my wife's favorite movie so looking forward to bluray quality.

Now if they would just bring out Spirited Away on bluray, I would be happy. Oh, and on the topic of non-Disney-animated-movies-that-should-be-on-bluray, Iron Giant too.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the coupon. I missed the one for Ponyo :(
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
If only Disney released these more frequently. At this rate, it's one a year. By the time Spirited Away comes out, my kids will be out of high school and the blu-ray format will probably be dead.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10180 upvotes
Ontario
ES_Revenge wrote: Nasicwhaaa? In the valley of the who?

LOL. My thoughts the same. Is this movie worth buying for a toddler boy?

MrDisco wrote: Thanks for the coupon. I missed the one for Ponyo :(

Was there a coupon for Ponyo?? I must've missed it too.
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
kiiaal wrote: LOL. My thoughts the same. Is this movie worth buying for a toddler boy?
Probably not. Maybe when he gets a little older.

For those who don't know, this is an anime which was brought over and given a dub track. What makes it special is the director, Hayao Miyazaki, the high quality animation, and the poignant story lines.
Was there a coupon for Ponyo?? I must've missed it too.

Not sure. I'm only guessing based on past Disney BR releases which seems to have a coupon during the first few days of its release.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
MrDisco wrote: Not sure. I'm only guessing based on past Disney BR releases which seems to have a coupon during the first few days of its release.

Yes, there was a $10 coupon for Ponyo when it was released in March 2010. I did a blind buy on this one based on the very good blu-ray reviews.
I don't regret that today as my kids still watch it.
Jul 28, 2010
52 posts
7 upvotes
+1

This movie is AMAZING

If you have not seen this movie, I HIGHLY recommend it.. One of the best, if not THE best anime I have ever seen..

Incredible story, the art is amazing an unique.. i have seen it literally over a hundred times. ITS SOOO GOOD. It was movies like this that really paved the way for anime to break into a mainstream audience..

While I have let my 2 yr old watch this, there are a few scenes that are kind of intense and not really suitable for youngsters.. I would say if you let your kid watch the original star wars, then they could watch this.. No blood/gore, some violence but its short and the emphasis is on the story, not fighting.

I was about 8 years old when I first saw this and it blew my mind.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2004
1045 posts
346 upvotes
YEG
This is my wife's favourite Miyazaki film. We're definitely going to upgrade our disc to blu-ray now.

Many thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2004
1331 posts
264 upvotes
yuppa wrote: +1

This movie is AMAZING

If you have not seen this movie, I HIGHLY recommend it.. One of the best, if not THE best anime I have ever seen..

Incredible story, the art is amazing an unique.. i have seen it literally over a hundred times. ITS SOOO GOOD. It was movies like this that really paved the way for anime to break into a mainstream audience..

While I have let my 2 yr old watch this, there are a few scenes that are kind of intense and not really suitable for youngsters.. I would say if you let your kid watch the original star wars, then they could watch this.. No blood/gore, some violence but its short and the emphasis is on the story, not fighting.

Excellent. This will be another blind buy for me like Ponyo.
Did you know there was a North American butchered version of this movie released in the 80s called Warriors of the Wind?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yuppa wrote: +1

This movie is AMAZING

The best is Laputa by far :P
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3633 posts
1972 upvotes
Thornhill
my 2 cents;

a good film- not considered the best of Miyazaki, (obviously, Spirited away...) but a good standalone film overall, (not for young kids!)
characters were vivid, storyline solid, art style was top-notch. voice acting was weak in comparison ( english dub),

i wouldn't get this film, as i'm rather picky with Miyazaki films, as it's a hit or miss for me , fuddled by Howl's moving castle, hated Ponyo.

oh... and please, please ignore the recent film by Studio Ghibli, Tales for the earthsea.
one of the worst film, no, movie, that i've ever watched. son of Miyazaki has no passion for filmmaking.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2003
2315 posts
578 upvotes
Vancouver
Jon Lai wrote: The best is Laputa by far :P

True dat. :)

Actually I purchased I Japanese BD release of Laputa, but am considering getting all the releases from Disney when they are released in Canada now because it is 3 times cheaper. I am hoping they have TrueHD or DTS-HD audio for the Japanese vocals though and not just the English dub, otherwise I may not buy this. One of the reasons I never got Ponyo was because Disney skimped on the Japanese vocal track. :/

These coupons sweetens the deal way too much for me to resist though.

EDIT: Read on BD forums that DTS-HD is indeed confirmed. :D
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
This is looking to be a tad more expensive though compared to other Disney titles. Cheapest right now for this seems to be FS who has it for $29.99.

Here's to hoping Loblaws/RCSS has it for $26.99 at release like they have been doing recently with Disney titles =D
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Leshita wrote: True dat. :)

Actually I purchased I Japanese BD release of Laputa, but am considering getting all the releases from Disney when they are released in Canada now because it is 3 times cheaper. I am hoping they have TrueHD or DTS-HD audio for the Japanese vocals though and not just the English dub, otherwise I may not buy this. One of the reasons I never got Ponyo was because Disney skimped on the Japanese vocal track. :/

These coupons sweetens the deal way too much for me to resist though.

EDIT: Read on BD forums that DTS-HD is indeed confirmed. :D
Disney actually has DTS-HD in Japanese?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)