Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Community: Season One DVD $19.99 at Best Buy

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2011 1:05 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes

[Best Buy] Community: Season One DVD $19.99 at Best Buy

[IMG]http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Produc ... 181166.jpg[/IMG]

Best Buy link but save yourself another $1.30 at Future Shop with price match.

I didn't get into the show until this year and has quickly grown to be one of my favourites. Can't wait to get the set tomorrow, but i wish they had this on Blu-ray
18 replies
Dec 5, 2002
256 posts
61 upvotes
This show is epic. Destined to be a classic. If you haven't see it do yourself a favor and give it a whirl.
Jul 27, 2008
59 posts
7 upvotes
nice deal, got it a couple weeks back....show is actually pretty clever and entertaining

All seasons of 30 Rock is also on sale for $24.99 each, pretty good deal especially for Season 4!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2007
2574 posts
1890 upvotes
Great show. Every single episode so far has been stellar -- no filler, all laughs.
Jun 15, 2010
192 posts
120 upvotes
Richmond
is this a hot deal? Im thinking of getting it but $20 for 3 disc DVD set doesnt seem cheap. :confused:
Jul 2, 2007
760 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
htaj wrote: is this a hot deal? Im thinking of getting it but $20 for 3 disc DVD set doesnt seem cheap. :confused:

It also comes with a KickPuncher comic...at least mine did when I bought it a few months ago.
Going broke saving money
Jan 3, 2007
244 posts
16 upvotes
Will def be picking this up sometime this week from FS. Also saw season 1 of Parks and Rec on the BB website for 14.99 and thought it was a good deal, but realized the first season is only 6 episodes!
Aug 18, 2007
168 posts
9 upvotes
Have only seen 1 full episode but just that one episode was so good that im thinking of picking this up.

The paintball episode was awesome, and its a total geek show as its featured on Attack of The Show all the time.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
Goonish wrote: Great show. Every single episode so far has been stellar -- no filler, all laughs.

Except the halloween episode :D Awsome show though!
Aug 11, 2003
794 posts
51 upvotes
Hamilton
Are the ones with the Kickpuncher comic book specially marked, or attached to the outside of the box?
I saw a copy on the shelf at BB but didn't look like it included the comic.

It's a great buy, but a warning for those who've only seen the Modern Warfare episode (which comes almost at the end of the season) - the rest of the first season doesn't have as many "theme" episodes as much as season 2 (space race, Hallowe'en zombies, Christmas special); this is something which they started doing more in season 2 after the first ones were well-received. The only other theme episode in season 1 is "Contemporary American Poultry", which is effectively a send-off on The Godfather (also a great episode). I'm only throwing this out for prospective buyers to temper their expectations. But season 1 has lots of standout episodes too, including the Christmas episode. Also, Senor Chang is awesome - taking him out of the classroom in season 2, although necessary, was extremely regrettable.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
I got my set today and the comic was inside the case, in between the the 2 dvd cases. I think mine had a sticker on the outside stating the comic was inside the set.
Aug 11, 2003
794 posts
51 upvotes
Hamilton
Invader Gir wrote: I got my set today and the comic was inside the case, in between the the 2 dvd cases. I think mine had a sticker on the outside stating the comic was inside the set.

Thanks. Did you pick it up at BB or FS, and was it in-store?
Deal Addict
May 31, 2009
2249 posts
1274 upvotes
QBert wrote: Thanks. Did you pick it up at BB or FS, and was it in-store?

I did Best Buy since i have some reward zone point coupons to use. Bought the 2nd last copy (from what i could see) at the location. They weren't with the regular TV Series Sets but in a display before the season sets in the middle of the rack.
Aug 11, 2003
794 posts
51 upvotes
Hamilton
urabus wrote: It was actually a parody of Goodfellas, another good gangster film.

D'oh! Right you are - my mistake.

For anyone who is interested in this deal, the price is good until next Wednesday (Feb 16).
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Also $20 on Amazon.ca, but you need $25 from there for free shipping.

One of the best sitcoms out there.
Apr 22, 2010
620 posts
225 upvotes
Barrie, ON
It was on sale last week too and said it would expire thursday but looks like
It's still here. I'm gonna grab it to be on the safe side. Thanks op. I hope I get kickpuncher in mine. I heard in a interview that every copy would have a comic. Hope that's true
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
watching last week's episode (AD&D) now .... so funny!
Aug 11, 2003
794 posts
51 upvotes
Hamilton
selkies wrote: It was on sale last week too and said it would expire thursday but looks like
It's still here. I'm gonna grab it to be on the safe side. Thanks op. I hope I get kickpuncher in mine. I heard in a interview that every copy would have a comic. Hope that's true

It's actually been $20 at BB since December. Lowest price was at Amazon.com - I think that it was $12USD around Black Friday or something crazy like that.