Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Sears: REFILLABLE Tassimo White Coffee Machine & Bonus Red Insert $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2011 12:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1072 posts
906 upvotes

[Sears] Sears: REFILLABLE Tassimo White Coffee Machine & Bonus Red Insert $99.99

Searched the forums and didn't find it in here.
Repost from Deals
http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main. ... _9999_was/

Sears.ca is featuring the white Tassimo Single Serve Coffee Machine and a bonus red insert for $99.99. The white Tassimo and red insert are regularly $149.99 and $19.99, respectively. Collectively, this combo is originally priced at $169.98

The hottest part of this deal? It looks to be a REFILLABLE TASSIMO!

2008 Wins - Vtech 6042 Phone System
2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
28 replies
May 3, 2008
99 posts
35 upvotes
The refillable part must be a mistake.

I can't find anything about a refillable t-disc on the Tassimo website.
Don't thank me thank justice fruit pies.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1072 posts
906 upvotes
CoolHayward wrote: The refillable part must be a mistake.

Yeah I couldn't find anything either. I couldn't even find anything about these inserts. But I called sears and they "confirmed" that it does come with a Permanent Reusable Coffee Filter.

2009 Wins - Samsung ST550 Camera - Scotch Tape Prize Pack - Wonder+ 155cm Snowboard
2010 Wins - Nestea for a year X 8 - Tassimo Brewer - Chicken Delight Patio Party
2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
CoolHayward wrote: The refillable part must be a mistake.

+1
Pretty sure its a mistake. theres no refillable Tassimo machines on the market, only Keurig's.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1084 posts
83 upvotes
Scarborough
I think this machine doubles as a REGULAR coffee maker (i.e. filter, coffee grind, drip)? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Although I think it could be relatively easy to make a disc reusable similar to the maintenance disc of the machine.

While not on topic,

Chai Latte > Latte > Cappuccino > the rest
If the price is right, just roll the dice.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Somebody please be a guinea pig and buy this, then confirm to us what exactly it includes.

There has been NO buzz on any of the single-serve-coffee forums about refillable tassimo's, and most of those have vendor reps, so IMO this is just a case of Sears employees acting like the minimum wage floozies that they are.

I'm willing to be proven wrong though...
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
wikkid_bigshot wrote: Chai Latte > Latte > Cappuccino > the rest

Are you serious? All of the "fake milk" based Tassimo drinks should be BANNED for DISGUSTING-NESS!
Jul 9, 2010
123 posts
15 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote: Are you serious? All of the "fake milk" based Tassimo drinks should be BANNED for DISGUSTING-NESS!
How is the milk from Tassimo fake in any way?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1072 posts
906 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote: Somebody please be a guinea pig and buy this, then confirm to us what exactly it includes.

There has been NO buzz on any of the single-serve-coffee forums about refillable tassimo's, and most of those have vendor reps, so IMO this is just a case of Sears employees acting like the minimum wage floozies that they are.

I'm willing to be proven wrong though...
I've ordered it, and I'm hoping for the best. Worse case, whenever I buy something with a wrong description, I end up getting a $50 gift card from Sears.

2013 Wins - Kobo Mini
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Of course it's refillable--take out spent T-disc, put in a new one.

The machine is refillable, not the T-disc itself.
Dec 28, 2008
631 posts
151 upvotes
Rural Ontario
pimpbob wrote: I've ordered it, and I'm hoping for the best. Worse case, whenever I buy something with a wrong description, I end up getting a $50 gift card from Sears.

I'm with you on this as I ordered as well. Also picked up the 80 servings of hot chocolate to go with it for $30. I figured that $0.38/cup is pretty reasonable.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
18145 posts
1741 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
R3@P3R wrote: How is the milk from Tassimo fake in any way?
UHT-processed "milk" isn't real milk in my book
Reignman wrote: I'm with you on this as I ordered as well. Also picked up the 80 servings of hot chocolate to go with it for $30. I figured that $0.38/cup is pretty reasonable.

Have you already tasted the Suchard's choco and confirmed that you *like* it?

Because most people I talked to don't like it.... even people who do like the "fake milk" taste (although the issue with Suchard's isn't a milk issue)
Dec 28, 2008
631 posts
151 upvotes
Rural Ontario
konfusion666 wrote: Have you already tasted the Suchard's choco and confirmed that you *like* it?

Because most people I talked to don't like it.... even people who do like the "fake milk" taste (although the issue with Suchard's isn't a milk issue)

It is a tad sweet so normally I warm up some milk in a mug first and then run the Suchards into it....works like a charm.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
824 upvotes
Newmarket
konfusion666 wrote: UHT-processed "milk" isn't real milk in my book

Have you already tasted the Suchard's choco and confirmed that you *like* it?

I agree. I hate the Tassimo milk. It has an aftertaste, almost like aspartame or something.

I also dont care for the Suchards hot chocolate. the flavour is weak.
We only keep a small amount of it on hand in case we have guests with kids.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote: UHT-processed "milk" isn't real milk in my book
UHT is the best kind of milk. The only reason it isn't common in Canada and the US is because:
-it's expensive compared to standard pasteurised milk
-there is a enormous supply of regular milk so the fact that it expires quickly doesn't matter
-we don't have any shortage or rarity of refridgeration devices in households/businesses/workplaces/etc.

I have heard a lot of comments about "Tassimo milk" however which leads me to believe there is more in there than just UHT milk in there.
Jul 28, 2005
229 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
Going to pass by Sears at lunch and see if there are any in stock. I am a hard core Keurig guy but I like that Tassimo offers specialty coffees.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
1072 posts
906 upvotes
mcjackass wrote: Going to pass by Sears at lunch and see if there are any in stock. I am a hard core Keurig guy but I like that Tassimo offers specialty coffees.

Please let us know if it's actually a new model that lets you use your own grinds!

2013 Wins - Kobo Mini