Computers & Electronics

What remotes are compatible with Patriot Box Office?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2011 9:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2249 posts
704 upvotes
Toronto

What remotes are compatible with Patriot Box Office?

My PBO remote seems to have failed (only a few buttons on it are working). I've been thinking to RMA it, but since it's me that has to pay for shipping, and I will likely have to ship the remote AND the box for RMA, I first want to see if I can buy a replacement remote instead, for the price of RMA shipping. It can be either an original remote, or a universal programmable one.

There's no justification for me to buy Logitech Harmony remote, unless I can get my hands on some cheap one.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3354 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary
Negotiator wrote: My PBO remote seems to have failed (only a few buttons on it are working). I've been thinking to RMA it, but since it's me that has to pay for shipping, and I will likely have to ship the remote AND the box for RMA, I first want to see if I can buy a replacement remote instead, for the price of RMA shipping. It can be either an original remote, or a universal programmable one.

There's no justification for me to buy Logitech Harmony remote, unless I can get my hands on some cheap one.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Look on Kijiji or here and post a wanted ad. I know many people who have broken their PBO in the past and had fully functional remotes. Shouldn't be to hard to find someone willing to part with theirs for cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
You can get a learning remote from ebay for like $8. Borrow a fully functional PBO remote and have the signals learned.
signature closed for renovation