Computers & Electronics

Philips Multilife Rechargeables. Any good?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2011 6:58 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 14, 2010
105 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto

Philips Multilife Rechargeables. Any good?

I always seem to see Philips Rechargeables NiMH on sale for prices that are normally lower than either the Duraloop or Eneloop batteries. They're suppose to be low self discharge. Does anyone out there have experience with them or know anything about them and how they compare?

http://www.onhop.ca/product/11008838/ph ... attery-4pk

(Thanks)
1 reply
Jan 16, 2010
303 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
Sorry to say that I haven't tried them yet, although I've tried quite a few NiMH batteries in the past. Often found that the best factor was the rated miliamp hours (mAh) for the given size. Higher means the battery should last longer. I've also only heard good things about elenoop batteries, but I've got so many duracells myself, I'm waiting for them to die before buying others, but they just keep lasting lol

Edit ... I googled the difference from Philips to Eneloop in the 2 most popular sizes:
AA eneloop is 2000 mAh. AAA eneloop is 800 mAh. I have heard however that they keep a charge longer, which is often best for remote controls, or other items that don't get used often.

Philips seems to have different models of each size. so the mAh varies!
I've seen AA at 1300 (I didn't know this was possible), 1650 (not so good) 2100 (not bad), 2300 (as stated) and 2700 (amazing!), there may be more as well...
Assuming it's similar for the AAAs.

At 2300mAh for the one you've marked on sale, I'd definitely give it a shot :)
"We'll always have Paris." :cool:

kaku.ca online movie rentals
-Same price for DVDs & Blu-Rays
-Refills available on all plans